Gianluigi Buffon (22 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Buffon going to PSG has to be the most unnecessary and pointless shit I've ever seen. I really don't understand it. What is he going to gain out of it? Win a pointless french league title?

Retire, or continue at Juve..
he doesn't have that option. I for one am happy that I'll get to watch Buffon for one more season

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
What is this shit. First Ale then Gigi.

Goes to show that players should go for the money and better opportunities because clubs will flush you out once they are done with you. This whole "loyalty" scheme is one sided and the fans tend to have one-sided expectations. We demand full loyalty from players and consider the likes of Cannavaro and Thuram as traitors for leaving the sinking ship but hardly turn on the club when they show no loyalty to players who served them very well.

I don't blame the club for doing what is best for itself. Gigi is no longer irreplaceable in terms of quality and is on a huge salary that could be used elsewhere. But I don't blame Cannavaro & Thuram either.

Gigi could have walked into any club when we were down, and would have had multiple CL titles and more money at a club like Barca who had Valdes at the time.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009

Goes to show that players should go for the money and better opportunities because clubs will flush you out once they are done with you. This whole "loyalty" scheme is one sided and the fans tend to have one-sided expectations. We demand full loyalty from players and consider the likes of Cannavaro and Thuram as traitors for leaving the sinking ship but hardly turn on the club when they show no loyalty to players who served them very well.

I don't blame the club for doing what is best for itself. Gigi is no longer irreplaceable in terms of quality and is on a huge salary that could be used elsewhere. But I don't blame Cannavaro & Thuram either.

Gigi could have walked into any club when we were down, and would have had multiple CL titles and more money at a club like Barca who had Valdes at the time.
What a hissy fit :lol:

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
That’s what happens when youre not serious enough about winning that trophy. At this rate City and PSG will most likely win before us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We are not serious, yet we reached the final twice in the last 4 years? How many times did PSG and City reach the semis?

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Four-year deal for Buffon?
By Football Italia staff

Paris Saint-Germain have reportedly offered Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon a four-year contract.

It was initially reported that PSG had proposed Buffon just two years, but La Repubblica claims they 'don’t want to put an end date’ on his career.

The veteran turns 41 in January, meaning he would be 45 by the time such a deal ran its course.

However, the newspaper agrees 'a positive meeting’ took place between Buffon and the French giants on Tuesday.

The World Cup winner would also receive €8m a year and become an ambassador for the 2022 showpiece in Qatar.
At least he is getting a good price for selling his soul to the devil.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

What is this? :D

I am lost, are you criticizing the management or praising? And are you happy Buffon left or sad? :D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I'm not sure I understand the "Juve forced Gigi out" narrative.

Why else did we buy Woj last year? Juve is doing what is best for the club, and Gigi is doing what is best for himself.

Paolino

Nov 1, 2013
Four-year deal for Buffon?
By Football Italia staff

Paris Saint-Germain have reportedly offered Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon a four-year contract.

It was initially reported that PSG had proposed Buffon just two years, but La Repubblica claims they 'don’t want to put an end date’ on his career.

The veteran turns 41 in January, meaning he would be 45 by the time such a deal ran its course.

However, the newspaper agrees 'a positive meeting’ took place between Buffon and the French giants on Tuesday.

The World Cup winner would also receive €8m a year and become an ambassador for the 2022 showpiece in Qatar.
the way PSG acts is like Buffon was their legend and he played in serie B for them and now they want to respond to his loyalty.
Shame on you Agnelli and Marotta, Juventus should make such a proposal to Buffon not PSG. first Ale now Gigi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)