Gianluigi Buffon (13 Viewers)

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
I appreciate every man's dream to play at champs league. Gigi has given all he has for the old lady, but still I want him for ever and ever!

Midzata®

Jan 26, 2007
Whenever I see Boruc goelkeeping he's excelent. Gigi is the best but if he express a will to leave I doubt we will get the right amount! With those gipsies from Inter they definitely going to give 50% lesser than they should, another bad view of the story... But I see Gigi as aplayer with highest moral atributes!!!
If he goes to a rival club he'll break the hearts of milions fans and I doubt he want that! He doesn't want to go to a foreign club, at least I think so..
I'm still confiden he'll play for us, even if he don't he is the ONLY player that I wouldn't hate if he leave us by his own will :heart:
All hail GIgi the champ! :star:

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
More articles about Buffon in Malta...

---------------------------------------

Buffon on top form (for charity)

If Juventus and World Cup-winning Italian goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon was thinking of leaving his team, his unknown choice must have been rendered a touch harder yesterday when his passionate Maltese supporters did not hold back in piling pressure on their hero to stay on next year.;)

But Buffon told The Times it was too early to make a decision, and insisted to his many fans during a visit to the local Juventus Club that they should support the team and not the players; that it was strong because it had a 105-year history, during which great footballers had come and gone.

Buffon, brought to Malta by BetKlass.com for the 60-hour football marathon of the Puttinu Cares Children's Cancer Support Group, boiled the pressure down to a "sort of fixation" at the moment. "I am convinced the team would go on without me," he said.

Chanting "Gigi resta con noi" (Gigi stay with us), and making passionate pleas to the world champion, his fans also expressed their deep appreciation of the fact that he had not abandoned the team when it was demoted to Serie B, following corruption scandals, despite the fact that he had just won the World Cup.

One fan said his bedroom was full of Buffon posters, which he did not want to have to remove if the player decided to leave, but Buffon advised him to put up pictures of his fiancée instead!:lol2:

Even a painting he was presented with had the words: "Gianluigi Buffon Passato, Presente, Futuro" inscribed on it, with special emphasis on the future.

Asked to guarantee that he would stay on, Buffon said he had had too much experience in the field to make such a commitment.

"Had I been more immature, I may have done so," he said, urging his supporters to savour the moment and guaranteeing, at least, that Juventus would soon move up to Serie A and be able to look everyone in the face again.

"We have paid the price we had to pay," he insisted.

Going to Serie B confirmed to Buffon that his love for football was still as uncontaminated and his values and enthusiasm for the sport the same as when he was a kid.

The last year was "particular" for Buffon, and the team paid a high price for a fault that was not theirs. However, the experience had served to teach him what kind of a man he really was, and he insisted he was happy about his choice to stay on.

Adversaries were starting to respect the team more, the insults on the pitch were calming down and the sportsmanship increasing as it appeared that the cloud of suspicion around Juventus was lifting.

Buffon was described as "a great man" for having stayed on, and would always remain in the hearts of supporters even if he left.

In a packed hall at the supporters club and to the blaring Juve and Italian national anthems, Buffon brushed aside comments that he was the sexiest and most attractive goalkeeper, saying the men were only interested in whether he saved balls.

But the world champion hardly saved any yesterday - he was playing against child cancer patients, aged between five and 17, at the Marsa Sports Ground as part of the Puttinu Cares football marathon.

The pro played the part to a T, faking that he was trying his utmost to block the balls, hurling himself in every direction, and egging on his team of kids against parents, with his "come on guys!"

It was probably harder for the man who has been awarded World's Best Goalkeeper three times to dodge balls rather than save them and every now and again, despite his efforts, he did. But he promised the crowd he would be "more on form" next time.

It was Buffon's first visit to Malta - which he said resembled a "steak" from the airplane - honouring a promise he had made years back, and waiting to coincide it with a charitable, "noble and humanitarian" event, which was important to him.

In fact, at a press conference earlier on, he made it clear the focus should be on the Puttinu Cares marathon, although he soon succumbed to questions related to football and his career.

Asked how he felt because he was not participating in the Champions League this year, he said it gave him the opportunity to focus on such events, which were clearly filling him with joy and satisfaction.

Buffon broke the ice immediately, pulling comical faces while blowing into the microphone to see if it was working, and sporting a constant smile from ear to ear throughout the afternoon.

"I really believed in being present and doing my little bit to help the support group with my image," he said, aware that his "photograph, autograph, or smile could make someone happy. It is an advantage few people have, and until I can, I will do all to help".

Buffon attended charitable events a couple of times a year, also because "it is an opportunity for me to find normality, given that I do not lead a normal life, and to confirm my luck".

...Speaking of which, Buffon told supporters, who asked him how he felt when he carried the World Cup trophy, that he considered himself to be lucky in life. All his childhood dreams had been fulfilled, including playing football for a good team and winning the World Cup, which he never really believed was possible.

He did not hesitate to be a buffoon, and scribble innumerable autographs, despite the fact that had been up since 5 a.m. after getting to bed at around 1 a.m., and had a tight schedule during his few hours in Malta.

The star was greeted with "warmth, affection and love". Entire families of fans, including grandmothers, at a buffet at the Radisson SAS Bay Point Resort and later at the club, overwhelmed the player with their reception.

Noel Desira from Zejtun said he would not eat, or go to work if Juventus lost a game, while a woman from Vittoriosa had a tattoo down her back - the result of a bet if Italy won the World Cup.:rofl:

"You have to taste the enthusiasm of the overseas support at least once to really know what it means," he said, bouncing in his seat to the football anthems. Buffon turned up at the buffet in a Puttinu Cares t-shirt (less stylish than his biker's jacket) - never forgetting the real aim behind his visit.

Times of Malta

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Tuttosport
Inter reign – Nerazzurri party for a historic Scudetto: without Juve
Buffon: Interisti celebrate now, we are coming back :devil:
Thet's right -we are! :D
Next season Buffon will celebrate as an interista himself.
Don't say that Dom! I want Gigi, Camo & Trez to stay!

If Juventus and World Cup-winning Italian goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon was thinking of leaving his team, his unknown choice must have been rendered a touch harder yesterday when his passionate Maltese supporters did not hold back in piling pressure on their hero to stay on next year.;)

But Buffon told The Times it was too early to make a decision, and insisted to his many fans during a visit to the local Juventus Club that they should support the team and not the players; that it was strong because it had a 105-year history, during which great footballers had come and gone.

Buffon, brought to Malta by BetKlass.com for the 60-hour football marathon of the Puttinu Cares Children's Cancer Support Group, boiled the pressure down to a "sort of fixation" at the moment. "I am convinced the team would go on without me," he said.

Chanting "Gigi resta con noi" (Gigi stay with us), and making passionate pleas to the world champion, his fans also expressed their deep appreciation of the fact that he had not abandoned the team when it was demoted to Serie B, following corruption scandals, despite the fact that he had just won the World Cup.

One fan said his bedroom was full of Buffon posters, which he did not want to have to remove if the player decided to leave, but Buffon advised him to put up pictures of his fiancée instead!:lol2:

Even a painting he was presented with had the words: "Gianluigi Buffon Passato, Presente, Futuro" inscribed on it, with special emphasis on the future.

Asked to guarantee that he would stay on, Buffon said he had had too much experience in the field to make such a commitment.

"Had I been more immature, I may have done so," he said, urging his supporters to savour the moment and guaranteeing, at least, that Juventus would soon move up to Serie A and be able to look everyone in the face again.

Going to Serie B confirmed to Buffon that his love for football was still as uncontaminated and his values and enthusiasm for the sport the same as when he was a kid.

The last year was "particular" for Buffon, and the team paid a high price for a fault that was not theirs. However, the experience had served to teach him what kind of a man he really was, and he insisted he was happy about his choice to stay on.

Adversaries were starting to respect the team more, the insults on the pitch were calming down and the sportsmanship increasing as it appeared that the cloud of suspicion around Juventus was lifting.

Buffon was described as "a great man" for having stayed on, and would always remain in the hearts of supporters even if he left.

In a packed hall at the supporters club and to the blaring Juve and Italian national anthems, Buffon brushed aside comments that he was the sexiest and most attractive goalkeeper, saying the men were only interested in whether he saved balls.

But the world champion hardly saved any yesterday - he was playing against child cancer patients, aged between five and 17, at the Marsa Sports Ground as part of the Puttinu Cares football marathon.

The pro played the part to a T, faking that he was trying his utmost to block the balls, hurling himself in every direction, and egging on his team of kids against parents, with his "come on guys!"

It was probably harder for the man who has been awarded World's Best Goalkeeper three times to dodge balls rather than save them and every now and again, despite his efforts, he did. But he promised the crowd he would be "more on form" next time.

It was Buffon's first visit to Malta - which he said resembled a "steak" from the airplane - honouring a promise he had made years back, and waiting to coincide it with a charitable, "noble and humanitarian" event, which was important to him.

In fact, at a press conference earlier on, he made it clear the focus should be on the Puttinu Cares marathon, although he soon succumbed to questions related to football and his career.

Asked how he felt because he was not participating in the Champions League this year, he said it gave him the opportunity to focus on such events, which were clearly filling him with joy and satisfaction.

Buffon broke the ice immediately, pulling comical faces while blowing into the microphone to see if it was working, and sporting a constant smile from ear to ear throughout the afternoon.

"I really believed in being present and doing my little bit to help the support group with my image," he said, aware that his "photograph, autograph, or smile could make someone happy. It is an advantage few people have, and until I can, I will do all to help".

Buffon attended charitable events a couple of times a year, also because "it is an opportunity for me to find normality, given that I do not lead a normal life, and to confirm my luck".

...Speaking of which, Buffon told supporters, who asked him how he felt when he carried the World Cup trophy, that he considered himself to be lucky in life. All his childhood dreams had been fulfilled, including playing football for a good team and winning the World Cup, which he never really believed was possible.

He did not hesitate to be a buffoon, and scribble innumerable autographs, despite the fact that had been up since 5 a.m. after getting to bed at around 1 a.m., and had a tight schedule during his few hours in Malta.

The star was greeted with "warmth, affection and love". Entire families of fans, including grandmothers, at a buffet at the Radisson SAS Bay Point Resort and later at the club, overwhelmed the player with their reception.

Noel Desira from Zejtun said he would not eat, or go to work if Juventus lost a game, while a woman from Vittoriosa had a tattoo down her back - the result of a bet if Italy won the World Cup.:rofl:

"You have to taste the enthusiasm of the overseas support at least once to really know what it means," he said, bouncing in his seat to the football anthems. Buffon turned up at the buffet in a Puttinu Cares t-shirt (less stylish than his biker's jacket) - never forgetting the real aim behind his visit.

Times of Malta
Gigi :touched:

Aug 2, 2005
Buffon misses Euro nights

Gianluigi Buffon has reiterated that he might leave Juventus in the summer, as playing in the Champions League remains his priority.

The world champion was one of the first to pledge his allegiance to the Bianconeri following their relegation to Serie B last summer.

But the Italy goalkeeper has made no secret since then that he would be willing to move to another side, as he needs new motivation.

“Juventus are a great club, founded 109 years ago, and many great champions have come and gone during those years,” said Buffon, who is currently in Malta for a charity event.

“If someone were to tell me that they would not survive without me, then I would stay forever, but I am sure they would remain strong even if I were to leave,” the 29-year-old told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I want to play the last five years of my career at the highest levels, that will make the difference in the next decisions I make. In the end, what I miss most is the chance to play in the Champions League.

“I will only discuss my future with my agent and the club’s management after we secure promotion. After we talk and agree to a decision, I will let you all know.”

The World Cup winner has been a reported transfer target for Inter, Milan and Real Madrid, although he believes that a move within Italy would be the most likely.

“I don’t see any foreign outfits who really need me. Chelsea have Petr Cech and the other clubs don’t invest much on goalkeepers,” said the former Parma man.

“Furthermore, England seems a bit sad to me and I don’t think it would be easy to adapt to life there.

“Barcelona and Real instead don’t seem to need new men and in any case I don’t think they would be willing to spend as much as Juve would ask for.

“Milan have just renewed Nelson Dida’s contract and Inter are not keen on making new signings, as Julio Cesar is doing very well.

“In any case, I believe that Italian clubs are the only ones who would be willing to invest the amount of money that Juve would want to let me leave,” concluded Buffon.

channel4.com

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
@Mile for some reason i cant reply to ur pm it says user not found
who is mile?

---------------------------------------

Times of Malta
i just read that like 1 hr ago, was going to post it

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=36857

Mexico's Necaxa go for Juventus keeper Buffon
tribalfooball.com - April 23, 2007

Mexico's Necaxa have declared their interest in Juventus goalkeeper Gigi Buffon.
Backed by local television money, Necaxa sports director Alex Aguinaga revealed: "Buffon is an objective for us in sight of the next Copa Libertadores campaign. For the operation, there is Javier Perez Teuffer, Pedro Cota and Juan Garcia Malo - three leaders of the club - working on it.

"Currently he plays still in Serie B with Juve and he has not decided to leave. In case he did, we will be there. It's a complicated but not difficult operation."

I know it's from tribal but still WTF?hahaaha:lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)