Gianluigi Buffon (71 Viewers)

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Buffon spoke warmly about the thousands of Juventus fans in Malta.

"For the past four or five years, the Juve club in Malta have been asking me to visit the country and here I am," Buffon said. "I know that Juve have a huge following in Malta and the presence of Maltese fans during matches makes us more aware of the prestige of playing for a club like Juventus."

Asked if he was prepared to help the bid of the local Juve supporters' club (Juve Club Vero Amore) to entice the whole squad to visit Malta, Buffon said: "It's not my task to bring the team over to Malta but if they seek my advice, I would certainly speak positively about Malta."

I wonder if Michael_Cutajar had anything to say to Gigi? :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
I wonder if Michael_Cutajar had anything to say to Gigi? :D
i told him to stay or i'll break his knees :D i didnt go too lazy and had a 2 hour 7-a-side match.
Bad news is that Buffon said don't support a player support the team, and that makes it sound like he is going to leave. :cry:

There is only 1 gigi buffon!

Tobias

Guerriero
Sep 20, 2006
Buffon: it will be very difficult to win the scudetto with juve immediatly after our return. And i really miss the CL. Where he might be nxt season
40% inter
30% Juve
20 milan
10 man u
gazzetta!
Juve are keeping a close eye on Boruc as an alternative to Buffon!
Tuttosport

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Next season Buffon will celebrate as an interista himself.
C'mon don't say that, the hope is dying last...

Buffon: it will be very difficult to win the scudetto with juve immediatly after our return. And i really miss the CL. Where he might be nxt season
40% inter
30% Juve
20 milan
10 man u
gazzetta!
Juve are keeping a close eye on Boruc as an alternative to Buffon!
Tuttosport
Boruc showed some skills against Milan, but there is no goalkeeper that could replace Gigi.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
C'mon don't say that, the hope is dying last...

Boruc showed some skills against Milan, but there is no goalkeeper that could replace Gigi.
Boruc is decent but not Juve material just now. Aberdeen have lost by one goal to celtic 3 times this season and he has had at least one great save in each game and has generally had a good season.Craig Gordon at Hearts is a better keeper and Arsenal ar reportedly after him.

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
Well it could be just a statement to force the management to sign up more heavy-weight players for future challenges.. I don't think he will move, at least not to inter :)

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Buffon misses Euro nights Monday 23 April, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gianluigi Buffon has reiterated that he might leave Juventus in the summer, as playing in the Champions League remains his priority.

The world champion was one of the first to pledge his allegiance to the Bianconeri following their relegation to Serie B last summer.

But the Italy goalkeeper has made no secret since then that he would be willing to move to another side, as he needs new motivation.

“Juventus are a great club, founded 109 years ago, and many great champions have come and gone during those years,” said Buffon, who is currently in Malta for a charity event.

“If someone were to tell me that they would not survive without me, then I would stay forever, but I am sure they would remain strong even if I were to leave,” the 29-year-old told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I want to play the last five years of my career at the highest levels, that will make the difference in the next decisions I make. In the end, what I miss most is the chance to play in the Champions League.

“I will only discuss my future with my agent and the club’s management after we secure promotion. After we talk and agree to a decision, I will let you all know.”

The World Cup winner has been a reported transfer target for Inter, Milan and Real Madrid, although he believes that a move within Italy would be the most likely.

“I don’t see any foreign outfits who really need me. Chelsea have Petr Cech and the other clubs don’t invest much on goalkeepers,” said the former Parma man.

“Furthermore, England seems a bit sad to me and I don’t think it would be easy to adapt to life there.

“Barcelona and Real instead don’t seem to need new men and in any case I don’t think they would be willing to spend as much as Juve would ask for.

“Milan have just renewed Nelson Dida’s contract and Inter are not keen on making new signings, as Julio Cesar is doing very well.

“In any case, I believe that Italian clubs are the only ones who would be willing to invest the amount of money that Juve would want to let me leave,” concluded Buffon.

Channel 4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 61)