Gianluigi Buffon (66 Viewers)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Amelia rumours popping up..

Actually, I have a bad feeling that Buffon is already sold and that the club doesn't quite know how they're going to break it to us :frown:

It's just a notion I have and it's not based on anything more solid than that.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Buffon supports Puttinu

World champion Gianluigi Buffon will be in Malta on Sunday to support the Puttinu Cares Football Marathon in aid of children suffering from Cancer.

This year's is the third football marathon held by the charity organisation which works to raise funds to support the children and their families suffering from the fatal disease.

Rennie Zerafa, one of the organisers of the event, explained how the organisation seeks to support these families by covering the traveling expenses and the accommodation of those in need of treatment and follow up appointments abroad.

Dr. Calvagna, president of the organisation explained how the cure is difficult and takes a long time, and surgery, chemotherapy and radiotherapy are never easy when undergone by the patients, especially children. The organisation aims to support and facilitate these patients and at the moment is working on acquiring lodging in Sutton on loan for the patients and their families.

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon will be flying to Malta on Sunday where he will attend lunch to raise money for Puttinu Cares.

He will also be visiting the Juventus Club Vero Amore in Birkirkara and later the football marathon itself where he will be meeting the children gathered

The initiative which is been organised by Betklass.com is fully supported by Juventus Club Vero Amore (Malta).

The president of the club, Dr. Michael Sciriha, whilst addressing the conference emphasised that the club is all out to help and support Puttinu and such initiatives and pledged to aid the organisation every time the club is approached.

The Malta club will also be donating a sum of money to Puttinu Cares. Buffon himself insisted that his visit be linked to a charity event.

Dr. Sciriha also explained how Juventus F.C. are the leading club when it comes to charity and recently have been behind a huge project involving a children's hospital in Turin, the Ospedale Sant' Anna.

The initiatives of the Turin side have included a competition for the club's new anthem in order to raise funds as well as a calendar and regular visits by the players to the patients in their wards.

The event will also be supported by the local media with Education 22 transmitting the marathon live and Net television as well as One TV contributing with special links and programmes.

Tickets for lunch with Buffon can be obtained from Juventus Club Vero Amore in Birkirkara or from Betklass offices in Fleur-de-lys.

Donations can also be made by calling on 50049543 for a donation of Lm3 and on 50049545 for a donation of Lm5 or by sending an sms on 50617361 , 50618913 and on 50619215 for a donation of Lm1, Lm3 and Lm5 respectively.

di-ve.com

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Juventus line up Amelia? Wednesday 18 April, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gianluigi Buffon is again being linked with a Juventus exit after the club were paired with Livorno’s Marco Amelia on Wednesday.

The Italian No 1 may quit the Turin giants at the end of the season and it seems as if Amelia is a prime contender to replace him in between the sticks.

Stories of an Amelia swoop have gathered pace after the youngster underwent a knee scan in Turin on Tuesday, allegedly in the presence of a Bianconeri medic.

The 25-year-old injured his right knee in training while on international duty for Italy ahead of their 2-0 win over Scotland.

Amelia, who signed a new Livorno contract until 2011 in January, has been paired with several clubs ranging from Milan to Liverpool.

Buffon had recently stated that his future was yet to be decided, but whispers in Turin are getting louder that he will complete a transfer to Milan at the end of the season.

The Rossoneri are thought to be still keen on signing the World Cup winner despite Nelson Dida’s recent and costly contract renewal.

Inter could also join the race to sign the ex-Parma No 1 even if they do seem set to offer present shot-stopper Julio Cesar an improved deal after a fine campaign.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Buffon tackles cancer

Italian international goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon was in Malta on Sunday to participate in the Puttinu Cares football marathon.

During his six hour stay in Malta, Buffon attended a fund-raising lunch at the SAS Radison Baypoint where he met Juventus fans and took photographs with them in order to raise funds for the charity organization whose mission is to facilitate the lives of children suffering from cancer and their families.

Prior to the lunch the world champion attended a press conference during which he spoke of the initiative as well as his career. Buffon said that he was very enthusiastic when he was told of the initiative because it is an honor for a person to be able to make a sick child smile simply by signing a piece of paper.

Buffon spoke of other such initiatives taken by Juventus , mentioning in particular the Progetto Gaslini and the Progetto Sant' Anna. In both cases the Turin side worked to raise money for children in need. The world's best goalkeeper in fact said that it is a way to return to the normality of life and such initiatives help to bring you back to the reality of things.

Supergigi, as he is called by fans, then spoke of the difficult season faced by Juventus who were relegated to the Serie B following the Caliciopoli incidents, saying that history has shown that it is difficult to be a winner and avoid envy but he is nevertheless happy to have chosen to stay with Juventus even in the inferior division since he loves football as a sport.

When asked about the fact that Italy was not chosen to host the 2012 European Championships and whether this would complicate the building of the new Juventus stadium, Buffon said that it was a great disappointment probably linked to the recent problems in Italian football however a number of initiatives regarding the restoration of stadiums are possible.

After lunch, Buffon made his way to Marsa where he participated in a brief match against the parents of some of the children for whom the initiative was intended. This was followed by a visit to the Juventus Club Vero Amore were the Juventus superstar was greeted by a crowd of enthusiastic fans cheering and singing, with the most recurring chant being "Gigi Buffon resta con noi!!".

Buffon was addressed by the vice president of the Maltese club in the absence of president Dr. Michael Sciriha and presented with a silver Maltese dghajsa and a painting. He then addressed the fans, and answered questions they made.

Throughout his stay in Malta, Buffon repeated he was honoured to be here and that he would very gladly return if the opportunity arose.

The initiative was made possible thanks to Betklass.com as well as Juventus Club Vero Amore.

di-ve.com

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Buffon praises Juve effort to clean up image

Dressed casually, a relaxed Buffon dealt with all the questions put to him with refreshing honesty during a question-and-answer session with members of the local media at the Radisson SAS Baypoint, St Julian's yesterday.

"Juventus have made a bold effort to clear the shadows and skeletons left by the unsavoury events of last summer," Buffon replied to a question about his team's participation in the Serie B this season.

"The club took it upon itself to set up a new structure composed of new individuals to present a new image of Juventus, one that is more pleasing in the eyes of the general public as well as the sporting world," Buffon added.

"If Juventus manage to stay on the winning trail on the football field as well as gaining sympathy, that would be the maximum but history says it is not possible to achieve both."

Invited to spell out his favourite team for Champions League success this season, Buffon said: "The four teams in the semi-finals (Milan, Manchester United, Liverpool and Chelsea) are all strong but I think Liverpool are the most focused on winning this competition."

On a personal note, Buffon insisted that his love for the game has not been tarnished by the trials and tribulations of last summer's match-fixing shake-up.

"My love for football has not been sullied by what happened last summer," the 29-year-old Buffon said. "I still have the same enthusiasm for the game I had when I was a boy."

Buffon spoke warmly about the thousands of Juventus fans in Malta.

"For the past four or five years, the Juve club in Malta have been asking me to visit the country and here I am," Buffon said. "I know that Juve have a huge following in Malta and the presence of Maltese fans during matches makes us more aware of the prestige of playing for a club like Juventus."

Asked if he was prepared to help the bid of the local Juve supporters' club (Juve Club Vero Amore) to entice the whole squad to visit Malta, Buffon said: "It's not my task to bring the team over to Malta but if they seek my advice, I would certainly speak positively about Malta."

Despite endless speculation linking him with a move away from Juventus last summer, Buffon decided to stay with the club and help them regain their Serie A status.

His loyalty to the Turin giants sheds a positive light on Buffon's reputation as a man of sound principles.

"It was a difficult situation but my decision to stay with Juventus was inspired by my beliefs and principles," Buffon said.

Like most of his fellow countrymen, Buffon is gutted about Italy's failure to win the right to organise Euro 2012.

"It was a big let-down," Buffon commented. "As a player, I really wished to take part in a European Championship in my home country, especially as Euro 2012 is likely to be one of the last major competitions of my career.

"I was very disappointed to hear that Italy had lost. In the days preceding UEFA's decision on the host of Euro 2012, the general feeling in the country was that Italy had already won the race.

"I think we were somewhat presumptuous in believing that Italy were going to prevail," Buffon remarked.

"In the end, the events that marred Italian football in the past 12 months had a bearing on the outcome of the vote."

A prominent figure in Italy's march to World Cup glory in Germany last year, Buffon believes that the Azzurri's Euro 2008 qualification bid is back on track after a stuttering start.

"I think we have regained momentum," Buffon said. "We have rediscovered the traits that helped us win the World Cup, namely that sense of forming part of a robust squad where all the players have a great will to succeed.

"After the World Cup, we looked jaded in our opening two Euro 2008 qualifiers where we drew at home to Lithuania and lost heavily to France.

"The home draw to Lithuania complicated our path to qualification but we have made up lost ground with three victories on the trot."

Italy are second in Group B on 10 points, two behind joint-leaders Ukraine, Scotland and France.

Times of Malta

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Mexico's Necaxa have declared their interest in Juventus goalkeeper Gigi Buffon.

Backed by local television money, Necaxa sports director Alex Aguinaga revealed: "Buffon is an objective for us in sight of the next Copa Libertadores campaign. For the operation, there is Javier Perez Teuffer, Pedro Cota and Juan Garcia Malo - three leaders of the club - working on it.

"Currently he plays still in Serie B with Juve and he has not decided to leave. In case he did, we will be there. It's a complicated but not difficult operation."

:lol: oh that was a poor attempt tribal :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 59)