Gianluigi Buffon (124 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
:rofl:

That is one of the most foolish veiwpoints I have seen in a while.

Buffon gets you way more points than that, not just through his saves but through his influence on the team and the confidence he inspires in the defence.

If we were to sell him, which should only be considered if he demands to leave, we shouldn't even talk for less than 35m.

In Gigi we have a guy that is ready and waiting to be the next great symbol of Juve for years to come.
well at least it made you laugh; and 35 mil what? euros? i guess i see why you d laugh. At any rate it's really wise to wait for a player to ask to be traded before you sell em it gives you a tremendous edge and leverage in negotiating :pumpkin:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
well at least it made you laugh; and 35 mil what? euros? i guess i see why you d laugh. At any rate it's really wise to wait for a player to ask to be traded before you sell em it gives you a tremendous edge and leverage in negotiating :pumpkin:
Just because a player asks to leave does not mean he must be allowed to.

Gigi has a contract til 2010 and could be forced to see that out.

Why is 35m euros unreasonable for the player that is the best in the world at what he does, is in his prime and who has considerable time left on his contract?

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
dunno what Gigi is gonna justify his exit with now...he like Ranieri he doenst mind not being in CL, money cant be an issue...he should just come out and say that he is staying

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
35mil pounsterling is not too much for Gigi.

Of all the champions, it's Gigi that is most valuable to us at the momment.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
After Lituania's match:

“I am helped by the fact I have played for a great side like Juventus for years. Also after 10 years of international duty and many negative experiences, once you see the sun you want to hang on to that feeling for as long as possible. That takes real focus and concentration.”

Channel 4

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Gigi Buffon has silenced the speculation over his future by signing a contract extension with Juventus until 2012.

More details to follow...

Football Italia :weee:

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Buffon extends Juve deal
Thursday 7 June, 2007
Gigi Buffon has silenced the speculation over his future by signing a contract extension with Juventus until 2012.

The goalkeeper was seriously pondering a move away from the Bianconeri following their Serie A promotion, but he’s been tempted to stay by the club’s hierarchy.

“This is an important day for me,” said the World Cup winner, whose previous agreement was set to expire in 2010. “I have now written a new page in my career and my life.

“It’s a decision which is coherent to last year’s and it confirms my commitment to this team, club and the fans who have never stopped showing me their affection.”

The former Parma No 1, wanted by both Milan clubs, had warned that he would walk if the club couldn’t fight for major honours next season.

“The project which was presented to me is a convincing one because I believe that we can aim for the sporting targets which have been identified,” he added.

“It also creates the basis of a rapport which is now even more stimulating.”

Juventus have spent most of the last year trying to keep hold of the planet’s best shot-stopper and they are obviously delighted with this evening’s development.

“This agreement consolidates our faith in a great champion, a man who shares our thoughts and our values,” noted President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli.

“In these years Buffon has always worked hard with passion and professionalism, he’s always honoured our shirt with great performances.

“This signing comes just days before the end of the season and I’m sure it will be met by the enthusiasm of all Juve fans.”

Director general Jean-Claude Blanc is now hoping that Buffon’s decision to remain will be seen as an important signal for players and fans alike.

“Keeping Buffon was one of the most important points of our project for these next few years,” said the French official.

“The fact that a World Cup winning goalkeeper has faith in our sporting project is something to be proud of. He shares our ambitions.

“Gianluigi liked our articulated and innovative offer that not only places him at the centre of an important plan, but will also boost his image.

“For Juventus it is confirmation of the seriousness with which we are building a competitive squad for next season.”

No financial details of the 'keeper’s new Bianconeri agreement have been released. Buffon joined Juve in 2000 from Parma in a £33m deal.

Finally some good news

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 123)