Gianluigi Buffon (126 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Julio Cesar pens new deal Thursday 31 May, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter goalkeeper Julio Cesar has agreed terms on a new contract which will keep him at the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza until 2012.

The Brazilian’s previous contract was due to expire in June and the player had asked for an extension, along with a wage increase.

“Inter announce that they have extended the contract of goalkeeper Julio Cesar until June 30, 2012,” read a statement posted on the club’s website.

“The contract was registered at the Italian Football League’s offices this afternoon,” continued the note.

Reports had suggested that the Nerazzurri were interested in Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon, but President Massimo Moratti reiterated his trust in the Brazilian custodian.

The Juventino admitted on Wednesday that his chances of staying in Turin had risen to 75 per cent and this latest development seemingly confirms that the Nerazzurri are no longer in the running for the former Parma man.

Julio Cesar, 27, started his career with Flamengo and moved to Italy in 2004, spending a season on loan at Chievo and then formally joining Inter a year later.

He has since replaced Francesco Toldo as first-choice goalkeeper, winning two Scudetti, two Italian Super Cups and a Coppa Italia with the Nerazzurri outfit.

Good news

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

don't you think, that increased chances of buffon staying are related to deschamps departure? maybe players didn't trust him as well?
I don't think so, Gigi is a honest person and just a few days ago he said he and Deschamps had a great rapport.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

it may be true. but that does not necesseraly mean, tha buffon trusted deschamps as a person, capable of taking juve to champions leage next season..
I believe it is true, the problem was between the management and DD, not DD and the players IMO. Whatever the case may be if Gigi stays it's simply fantastic news.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
after debating this for a while, i really think we should sell Buffon any offers above 20 mil should be considered. Buffon gets you 4-6 points a year but it would be sometime before that difference is significant to us, until then abbiati ought to do

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
after debating this for a while, i really think we should sell Buffon any offers above 20 mil should be considered. Buffon gets you 4-6 points a year but it would be sometime before that difference is significant to us, until then abbiati ought to do
:rofl:

That is one of the most foolish veiwpoints I have seen in a while.

Buffon gets you way more points than that, not just through his saves but through his influence on the team and the confidence he inspires in the defence.

If we were to sell him, which should only be considered if he demands to leave, we shouldn't even talk for less than 35m.

In Gigi we have a guy that is ready and waiting to be the next great symbol of Juve for years to come.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
:rofl:

That is one of the most foolish veiwpoints I have seen in a while.

Buffon gets you way more points than that, not just through his saves but through his influence on the team and the confidence he inspires in the defence.

If we were to sell him, which should only be considered if he demands to leave, we shouldn't even talk for less than 35m.

In Gigi we have a guy that is ready and waiting to be the next great symbol of Juve for years to come.
Word...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 123)