Gianluigi Buffon (39 Viewers)

Redangel

Mar 7, 2003
Contract signed till 2012
5 milions euro per season
He thanked the supporters coz they let him feel to be in a great family
GRAZIE GIGI CAMOPIONE DEL MONDO, CAMPIONE DELLA JUVE, CAMPIONE DEI NOSTRI CUORI !!! :strong:

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Buffon is the best goalkeeper we ever had.. My opinion.. I've seen games for Zoff which were great.. But not as amazing as Buffon.. **personal opinion**

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Don't know if it's been posted but here's what Gigi said on his official site about him staying with Juve:

Turin, June 8th

In the end I decided to stay with Juve because the project shown by the club can be stimulating and the people that support it are men that I respect in every way, especially the human part.

I think it's been a weighted choice and in the end was the result of the education and the sportive values taught to me by my parents, by the discretion of my fiancée, who by respect didn't say a word on what my choice should of been, and not for last the tight relationship with my teammates and all the Black & White nation who in this year gave me a visceral love.

Thank you with all my heart to the Agnelli family who in every moment was close to me and would have accepted any decision I would of taken, thank you again to everybody that made me take the best decision.

Sorry about the bad translation. :oops:

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Buffon: Why I chose Juve

Gianluigi Buffon has explained why he chose to remain at Juventus. “This is an exciting project with men I respect.”

The goalkeeper had been ready to walk out after helping them to promotion from Serie B, but following months of speculation has put pen to paper on a contract extension until 2012.

“At the end of the day I decided to stay with Juve because I think the project outlined by the club can be an exciting one,” said the World Cup winner.

“The people who support it are men that I respect and admire on all levels, especially as human beings.”

One of the key changes to convince Buffon was the arrival of new Coach Claudio Ranieri after a series of disagreements with Didier Deschamps.

“A month ago I had practically decided to leave, but looking over it again I thought it was right to stay on, as there would be no sense in going elsewhere,” he told Sky Italia television.

“This desire to top the table again with Juve, winning back the leadership in Italy and Europe strengthened my motivation.”

With Jonathan Zebina also renewing his contract and others expected to follow, the Bianconeri are continuing their challenge to prove themselves post-Calciopoli.

“Before making my choice I wanted to test the water with people like David Trezeguet, Alessandro Del Piero, Pavel Nedved and Mauro Camoranesi to see if they felt the same way.

“I received more than positive responses from everyone. I think there can be nothing better than dreaming and hoping to win with this squad.”

Buffon was hailed by the fans during a special training session in the middle of Piazza Vittorio Veneto in Turin this morning. The event on artificial turf was done for charity.
Source: Channel 4

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
The Best Decision I Could Have Made - Buffon

Gianluigi Buffon talked about the reasons he decided to stay on with Juventus.

Only a few sentences on his official site to motivate a well-pondered decision: that's how Gigi Buffon wanted to celebrate the renewal of his contract until 2012. Explaining the reasons that brought him to once again say yes to the Old Lady of Italian football.

A difficult decision to make: "In the end I've decided to stay at Juventus", the goalkeeper confesses. "I think the project which was presented to me by the club is interesting and the people who support it I have a lot of respect for, especially from a human point of view."

He does not forget to make some dedications. To his parents ("for the education and the sporting values they have taught me"), to his fiancé ("Discreet and respectful, she never interfered with my decision"), and his team mates in a very difficult season, as well as the fans who Buffon claims have always given him "a visceral kind of love".

In conclusion, he dedicate a thought to the Agnelli family ("they were always close to me, they would have respected any decision") and finally he ended saying: "Thanks to everyone for having helped me make the best decision".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)