General TV (15 Viewers)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

This is basically a recommend me a show thread, but what the heck.

So, I've pretty much watched everything I was interested in and now I'm bored.

I want one fun type of show, one you can watch a whole season for the weekend and not be bored. Stuff like Entourage, Californication, Chuck, How I Met Your Mother...easy shows, don't necessarily need to be sitcoms, just easy to watch.

I also want something with a "wee" bit more serious plot; ie Sons Of Anarchy, Generation Kill, True Blood, The Wire...anything similar of newer date out there?

P.S. This is about newer show, don't recommend Seinfeld and I don't know...X-Files. :D

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
V

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • Thread Starter #4
    • V

V

Yeah, Martin already recommended it once upon a time...I wasn't overly interested in it, perhaps I wasn't in the mood at the time. Might give it a go again, tons of episodes so it'll keep me busy for a while if I like it. :D

Eℓvin;2260349 said:
    Mad Men. Addiction guaranteed...
    Not familiar with it. Similar to?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Yeah, Martin already recommended it once upon a time...I wasn't overly interested in it, perhaps I wasn't in the mood at the time. Might give it a go again, tons of episodes so it'll keep me busy for a while if I like it. :D
    It's very easy to watch and has some great moments.

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    The shield. If you haven't watched it yet, do yourself a favor stop acting like a faggot and watch this amazing show. If you liked the Wire, you'll love the shield

I like Supernatural too, if you haven't watched that.

Fringe looks interesting from the few episodes I've watched.

as for comedies, 30 Rock is a fantastic show, so is the office (US version)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    The shield. If you haven't watched it yet, do yourself a favor stop acting like a faggot and watch this amazing show. If you liked the Wire, you'll love the shield

You've just discredited yourself right there :D

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
    Aug 27, 2008
    Yo Vlatko, I could use an invite to the site for HD downloads if you got any...
    How is Generation Kill?

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    so I like Supernatural! big whoop! what's wrong with watch 2 handsome dudes fight evil beings-

-oh my god what have I become!

OP
    V

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • Thread Starter #15
    • V

V

That's that Buffy type shit with the two pretty boy brothers, right? Don't do much for your reputation. :D

I watched a few episodes of The Shield, it was on telly here before, corrupt cops and stuff. Might give it a run.

Fringe will check out.

30 Rock I don't like, also here on telly.

Good stuff, thanks man.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    How does everyone feel about Weeds, any good?
    Weeds is pretty amusing. Has some great moments, but also some rather lame episodes.
    I am currently watching season 3 (almost finished it): slow start, but the last few episodes I've seen are great.

Scrubs is really good, so are both the original & the US version of the Office. You could also try Extras. Maybe Absolutely Fabulous, but that's an acquired taste (and not that recent either). Little Britain (the original, not the US one) if you're into sketches.

For the more serious stuff: as Lion pointed out, The Shield is quite good. I also like Damages, but I've only seen the 1st season so far.

OP
    V

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • Thread Starter #19
    • V

V

icεmαή;2260378 said:
    Yo Vlatko, I could use an invite to the site for HD downloads if you got any...
    How is Generation Kill?
    Just yesterday I gave Jeeks one for that TV site for TV shows, lots of HD torrents there and all free. :D I'll get another invite in a couple of weeks.

As for HD, I can only offer you x264.eu. Smaller site with quality encodes, both HD and SD. The current user limit is reached though, give me your mail and I'll send it to you as soon as it becomes available.

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    Weeds is pretty amusing. Has some great moments, but also some rather lame episodes.
    I am currently watching season 3 (almost finished it): slow start, but the last few episodes I've seen are great.

Scrubs is really good, so are both the original & the US version of the Office. You could also try Extras. Maybe Absolutely Fabulous, but that's an acquired taste (and not that recent either). Little Britain (the original, not the US one) if you're into sketches.

For the more serious stuff: as Lion pointed out, The Shield is quite good. I also like Damages, but I've only seen the 1st season so far.
    Weeds :delpiero:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)