General News & Politics (18 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
It's just horrible to see how people think. It's so sad, stupid and horrible to see the US (once again) on a foreign ground dictating their rules. The x guy sold guns to them, them, them... and who told YOU that? The media? Jeez, wake the fuck up, of course media is going to brainwash the people in thinking how even killing makes sense and justifies such horrible action, yet majority believes what a journalist says. I worked as one and people were paid to make assumptions while certain things are not to be said. The US invaded countries for over 20 years, not looking for justice but a deal for themselves. It's laughable to see a judge and a jury be somebody who's miles and miles away. They attacked their embassy, yeah, but what did the US do before that? They "brought the justice". Give me a break. America is terrorizing half of the world just for their own sake and people just swallow the media garbage. Then there's that average moron saying "the US winning again" while their sit in their comfy chair not even knowing where the Iran is.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Just murica things.

- - - Updated - - -

:tup:

I feel you there. I think the same can be said for any of these horrific tyrants and their lackeys in any nation...

I suppose the issue is who decides these things? Who draws the line? Are we okay with America playing judge, jury, and executioner around the world again? Are we okay with state sponsored assassinations? Are we okay with large-scale warfare breaking out as a consequence of such actions?
:tup:

Last edited:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Just murica things.
The most pathetic thing ever. You know what's also pathetic? People thinking that's alright, justifying such actions and defending it because "at some level it makes sense". No it doesn't. America profits form wars and that's their thing. Like they care for an average person in the invaded countries LOL. They are chasing their interest, not fighting for the freedom and democracy. It's a sad thing people learn majority of the stuff over Instagram these days, that's the primary source of knowledge. That and youtube videos based on zero sources and history behind it.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
The most pathetic thing ever. You know what's also pathetic? People thinking that's alright, justifying such actions and defending it because "at some level it makes sense". No it doesn't. America profits form wars and that's their thing. Like they care for an average person in the invaded countries LOL. They are chasing their interest, not fighting for the freedom and democracy. It's a sad thing people learn majority of the stuff over Instagram these days, that's the primary source of knowledge. That and youtube videos based on zero sources and history behind it.
They have always been war hungry nation. And just like somebody said they can't feed themselves unless they export massive amounts of weapons to the world. Just look at the president they have. He's a former wrestlemania main eventer for fucks sake.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
They have always been war hungry nation. And just like somebody said they can't feed themselves unless they export massive amounts of weapons to the world.
No, you got it all wrong.

:gsol: they fight for freedom and democracy, they care for individuals and they kill the bad guys who have bad influence on the state and world :gsol: They so adore peace so much that they are ready to kill for it.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Re-electing George W. and The Donald :touched:
Demonrats have no reasonable centrist canditate, why would blue collars elect somebody who spends his campaign arguing how men spread their legs too far on the bus. Aggressive identity politics don't resonate with anybody except coastal pod people. Trump is bound to destroy whatever demonrats throw at him.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Can someone more knowledagble than myself explain how important an individual this is and the potential implications? Media here barely even talking about this.

If the US were about to invade Iran I would think the first strike would be a coordinated barrage to eliminate their air power as quickly as possible. If we killed someone else then this must be what, a message?
Equivalent to our top General in any War (Patton/MacArthur, Patreaus, Scwhwatzkopf, Eisenhower, etc)

Aside from his responsibility on attacks on US people in the region, its likely a direct message for the attack on the US embassy. He was photographed there so US intel knew his location.

- - - Updated - - -

All thanks to Trump being so butthurt and petty over every little piece of Obama’s legacy that he has spent his entire presidency thus far trying to reverse them. While the Iran nuclear deal certainly wasn’t perfect, Trump unilaterally withdrawing when Iran was in compliance, and escalating sanctions immediately, hasn’t really had the desired effect. He was basically begging Iran to come to the negotiating table last year and they refused to even consider it, and now the escalations have gotten way out of control.

Of course Iran isn’t innocent here, but Trump’s admin has done everything it possibly can to escalate tensions with Iran to a breaking point. Seems like they’re busy trying to one-up Bush and Obama’s messes in the Middle East by starting a region-wide war. Backing Saudi atrocities in Yemen, greenlighting Turkish slaughter of the Kurds, backing Israeli illegal occupations and settlements of the West Bank, tearing up the nuclear deal and pushing Iran into a corner.
But isn't Iran sorta already doing that?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Equivalent to our top General in any War (Patton/MacArthur, Patreaus, Scwhwatzkopf, Eisenhower, etc)

Aside from his responsibility on attacks on US people in the region, its likely a direct message for the attack on the US embassy. He was photographed there so US intel knew his location.
Can you provide evidence of his direct responsibility in the death of one us serviceman? Is he an enemy combatant? Are we at war with Iran?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Can you provide evidence of his direct responsibility in the death of one us serviceman? Is he an enemy combatant? Are we at war with Iran?
Are we at war with Iran? No. Is our relationship spicier today than it was this time yesterday, absolutely. Your guess is as good as mine what their reaction will be.

If you're already being targeted by the US, why show up at the Embassy your orchestrating attacks on? That was dumb on his part.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Are we at war with Iran? No. Is our relationship spicier today than it was this time yesterday, absolutely. Your guess is as good as mine what their reaction will be.

If you're already being targeted by the US, why show up at the Embassy your orchestrating attacks on? That was dumb on his part.
I wasn't aware he was at the embassy, as far as orchestrating stuff over again that's conjecture, it was iraqis that showed up at the doors of us embassy.

To me this looks like, US losing the game of chess in the region and flipping the board over, typical Trump.

abstract

Mar 3, 2012
Demonrats have no reasonable centrist canditate, why would blue collars elect somebody who spends his campaign arguing how men spread their legs too far on the bus. Aggressive identity politics don't resonate with anybody except coastal pod people. Trump is bound to destroy whatever demonrats throw at him.
What the hell are you talking about ? Democrats are a center-right party, only leftist presidential candidate in the primaries is Sanders, who mostly talks about class issues, and it resonates greatly with working class people.

btw
Hillary, who was a horrible candidate won the popular vote by 3 mil, and lost only because 40-50 thousand votes in 3 states.Talking about destroying is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I wasn't aware he was at the embassy, as far as orchestrating stuff over again that's conjecture, it was iraqis that showed up at the doors of us embassy.

To me this looks like, US losing the game of chess in the region and flipping the board over, typical Trump.
They spray painted all over embassy wall "Soleimani is my commander ", etc. I will try and find the photo/video of him near the area.

Not sure I agree about the chess game. US contractor was killed via rocket attacks, US then took out 25 in return which then lead to the Embassy attack. Well, I take that back...if you are referencing the region then yes I could see your point as its a mess we generally will not be able clear up, most of it our fault. But if its a tit-for-tat between Iran/US I'd say they are losing if you look at the 4 things in the string of events as one conflict.

I don't think it will go to war over this, at least not yet, as our attack wasn't on their soil but its a clear response. Also, after a day of attacks on the Embassy, DoD dropped armed Marines on the Embassy roof, pretty sure that was forward thinking knowing in advance the airstrike was coming, not just to secure the embassy.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
The worst part is iraqis were right about fed up with Iran influence in their country, this will push em closer to Iran not to mention galvanize Iran as a country, you won't hear from the opposition for a while.
This is exactly the biggest downside of this attack. There are rumors that Iraqi parliament was going to vote to expel all US military personnel in next few days hence the timing of the attack.

- - - Updated - - -

difficult for me to see how Iran could want this? US seemed comfortable killing their #2 as a message in reponse to recent action.

It looks to me like the current administration saw Iran going to a point that it was no longer willing to tolerate and decided the best course of action was to escalate to a level that Iran can only back down from. Surely they wouldn't even fathom serious retaliation.

Any retaliation against stationed US troops in the Middle East would result in an inevitable war that Iran can't win.

The US isn't willing to accept an iranian sponsored sectarian offensive in Iraq. The lines been drawn Iran doesn't have a response to that.
I meant in general Iran benefits more from a war, and not a direct war of course. Iran is supporting 70 different militia groups in Iraq, but has none of the US influence and economic lever. What happens after this is anybody’s guess.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
They spray painted all over embassy wall "Soleimani is my commander ", etc. I will try and find the photo/video of him near the area.

Not sure I agree about the chess game. US contractor was killed via rocket attacks, US then took out 25 in return which then lead to the Embassy attack. Well, I take that back...if you are referencing the region then yes I could see your point as its a mess we generally will not be able clear up, most of it our fault. But if its a tit-for-tat between Iran/US I'd say they are losing if you look at the 4 things in the string of events as one conflict.

I don't think it will go to war over this, at least not yet, as our attack wasn't on their soil but its a clear response. Also, after a day of attacks on the Embassy, DoD dropped armed Marines on the Embassy roof, pretty sure that was forward thinking knowing in advance the airstrike was coming, not just to secure the embassy.
The tit for tat proxy is the game of chess, killing a general is a clear act of war no more proxy

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
This is exactly the biggest downside of this attack. There are rumors that Iraqi parliament was going to vote to expel all US military personnel in next few days hence the timing of the attack.

- - - Updated - - -

I meant in general Iran benefits more from a war, and not a direct war of course. Iran is supporting 70 different militia groups in Iraq, but has none of the US influence and economic lever. What happens after this is anybody’s guess.
My guess is the Strait of Hormuz. If it would go to all out war, it would result in an attack on one of our ships by their Navy. Problem is, they use their little proxies so it makes justification harder to achieve hence we see drone strikes instead. I can tell you Cyber teams are on high alert right now :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)