General News & Politics (26 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Because he wasn’t. Hashd al-Shabi’s second man, also killed in the attack, was there and there’s photo evidence of that. Soleimani traveled to Iraq just yesterday apparently.

- - - Updated - - -

Iran has everything to lose in a direct war, so I disagree about the navy part. A response will most likely be by one of hundreds of these militia groups, and it might not even be against US but US allies.
he wasn't directly throwing stones at the embassy, but he was in the area

- - - Updated - - -

Ironically Soleimani was the leader of Qods force, which is a section of Iran’s military that operates OUTSIDE of Iran’s borders. But that fact seemingly is not as troubling to some people as US meddling is.
100% :tup:

Buy on AliExpress.com

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Ironically Soleimani was the leader of Qods force, which is a section of Iran’s military that operates OUTSIDE of Iran’s borders. But that fact seemingly is not as troubling to some people as US meddling is.
It is troubling, but it doesn't make the US actions any less of a crime. Sorry for still applying a higher standard for the US in handling situations like this, I should have known better.

Can't always claim the moral highground whilst constantly violating international law yourself.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Isn't every US president people like this? Meddling in foreign affairs, conducting proxy wars, and building spheres of influence all around the world
Sure, my question was for DD. If it wasn't us droning him, who else is going to minimize their actions in the region?

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
It is troubling, but it doesn't make the US actions any less of a crime. Sorry for still applying a higher standard for the US in handling situations like this, I should have known better.

Can't always claim the moral highground whilst constantly violating international law yourself.
I didn’t mean this incident only. It’s a reckless action in my opinion. My post was in response to those who look for a victim here where US is certainly the bad guy in their minds.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Sure, my question was for DD. If it wasn't us droning him, who else is going to minimize their actions in the region?
Fighting the good fight eh? How many laws have been broken along the way? But who needs a court and a verdict, when you can just send a drone and kill someone. Proper display from the World Police yet again.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Who then should bring people like this to their end?
What has he done that the US dont do, if not even worse?

I have zero sympathy and respect for oppressive and brutal Iran regime. But how can the US even dare to think for a second they are justified or have the moral high ground? You do as much and worse, considering its virtually an act of war. If the aim is exactly that, you are welcome to it, as has been for near century.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
What has he done that the US dont do, if not even worse?

I have zero sympathy and respect for oppressive and brutal Iran regime. But how can the US even dare to think for a second they are justified or have the moral high ground? You do as much and worse, considering its virtually an act of war. If the aim is exactly that, you are welcome to it, as has been for near century.
DD I guess is missing the point of my question. Who in the ME is going to address what Iran is/was doing?

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
DD I guess is missing the point of my question. Who in the ME is going to address what Iran is/was doing?
bet you ask normal people from there what they think about this and they’ll be ecstatic he’s dead.

My problem with this is the timing and the fact that Cheetolini didn’t get approval from Congress. He abused his powers.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yeah, spend 50 years fucking around in the Middle East, radicalizing the region, supporting and propping one brutal tyrant after another that supported US interests... and then ask who is going to address the messy aftermath... :touched:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
In any case, they (specifically Soleimani) were planning more attacks against US citizens in the region that would have violated more international laws than our drone attack did and it would have been in the not too distant future and likely have collateral damage beyond US persons.

Imma let you guys debate this one and see myself back to the footie threads :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

bet you ask normal people from there what they think about this and they’ll be ecstatic he’s dead.

My problem with this is the timing and the fact that Cheetolini didn’t get approval from Congress. He abused his powers.
Yep. Already seen stuff of normal people celebrating both Iranian and Iraqi.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Those same normal people would be ecstatic if Trump was taken out too. :shifty:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I was genuinely hoping it was the Israeli covert ops or crazy ballsy saudi action, because they already in indirect conflict with history of missile attacks or through Yemen proxy war. Wouldn't made sense they would, extreme risky escalation. But rather it was them, regional power struggle.
You never know, but I wouldn't be surprised if Israel had their hand in this at some level.

:tup:

I feel you there. I think the same can be said for any of these horrific tyrants and their lackeys in any nation...

I suppose the issue is who decides these things? Who draws the line? Are we okay with America playing judge, jury, and executioner around the world again? Are we okay with state sponsored assassinations? Are we okay with large-scale warfare breaking out as a consequence of such actions?
The vast majority of Americans, especially those that I talk to, are very anti-war. It's very hard not to be when basically the past five Presidents have been nothing short of pro-war. Even the Peace Prize winner created havoc from Libya to Syria within just a couple years. That's where the disconnect is for Americans; some are too stupid to realize that your vote doesn't matter when it comes to war and countless other matters. We have two parties that act like enemies, but at the end of the day commit the same crimes and fuck their citizenry over.

The worst part is iraqis were right about fed up with Iran influence in their country, this will push em closer to Iran not to mention galvanize Iran as a country, you won't hear from the opposition for a while.
Weren't some Iraqis celebrating this in the streets? I'm not so sure it will push them closer to Iran, but they probably don't want more troops back either.

Trump just made every American officer around the globe a major target! GG
They've been a major target since, I don't know, ever since they set up shop around the globe...

Demonrats have no reasonable centrist canditate, why would blue collars elect somebody who spends his campaign arguing how men spread their legs too far on the bus. Aggressive identity politics don't resonate with anybody except coastal pod people. Trump is bound to destroy whatever demonrats throw at him.
You're mostly right there. Unfortunately many reasonable people I know would vote for Bernie Sanders even if Trump wasn't there, which is a scary thought. I can't vote for another Democrat again until they return to their core values, i.e. anti-war, freedom of speech, and supporting the KKK...

What the hell are you talking about ? Democrats are a center-right party, only leftist presidential candidate in the primaries is Sanders, who mostly talks about class issues, and it resonates greatly with working class people.

btw
Hillary, who was a horrible candidate won the popular vote by 3 mil, and lost only because 40-50 thousand votes in 3 states.Talking about destroying is ridiculous.
Speaking of Hillary, I would imagine we would already be in total war with Iran if she was in charge.

Isn't every US president people like this? Meddling in foreign affairs, conducting proxy wars, and building spheres of influence all around the world
Yes, regardless of "party", whatever that shit means. At least Trump seems slower to start conflicts than others in the past.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

He was a subject of huge propaganda in Iran claiming that he was the one who defeated ISIS. His powerful yet elusive character was popular to some, so don’t be surprised if you hear something different than you expect. In reality he wasted billions of an already weak economy on forming a network of militia men across middle east with the sole purpose of preserving the status quo in Iran.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)