General News & Politics (15 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
US, I think. In retaliation of attack on US embassy in Baghdad.

- - - Updated - - -

It is. Trump really raised the stakes with this attack. Soleimani was the second most powerful man in Iran. This is as close to a war as US and Iran can get.
All thanks to Trump being so butthurt and petty over every little piece of Obama’s legacy that he has spent his entire presidency thus far trying to reverse them. While the Iran nuclear deal certainly wasn’t perfect, Trump unilaterally withdrawing when Iran was in compliance, and escalating sanctions immediately, hasn’t really had the desired effect. He was basically begging Iran to come to the negotiating table last year and they refused to even consider it, and now the escalations have gotten way out of control.

Of course Iran isn’t innocent here, but Trump’s admin has done everything it possibly can to escalate tensions with Iran to a breaking point. Seems like they’re busy trying to one-up Bush and Obama’s messes in the Middle East by starting a region-wide war. Backing Saudi atrocities in Yemen, greenlighting Turkish slaughter of the Kurds, backing Israeli illegal occupations and settlements of the West Bank, tearing up the nuclear deal and pushing Iran into a corner.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Can someone more knowledagble than myself explain how important an individual this is and the potential implications? Media here barely even talking about this.
As important as a top military commander can be in a militaristic regime. He was directly responsible for supplying funds for Hezbollah, Hamas, Iraqi Shiite militias known as Hashd al-shabi, and huthis among others. He's probably the reason Assad is still in power.

- - - Updated - - -

All thanks to Trump being so butthurt and petty over every little piece of Obama’s legacy that he has spent his entire presidency thus far trying to reverse them. While the Iran nuclear deal certainly wasn’t perfect, Trump unilaterally withdrawing when Iran was in compliance, and escalating sanctions immediately, hasn’t really had the desired effect. He was basically begging Iran to come to the negotiating table last year and they refused to even consider it, and now the escalations have gotten way out of control.

Of course Iran isn’t innocent here, but Trump’s admin has done everything it possibly can to escalate tensions with Iran to a breaking point. Seems like they’re busy trying to one-up Bush and Obama’s messes in the Middle East by starting a region-wide war. Backing Saudi atrocities in Yemen, greenlighting Turkish slaughter of the Kurds, backing Israeli illegal occupations and settlements of the West Bank, tearing up the nuclear deal and pushing Iran into a corner.
As much as I dislike Trump I can’t hide my joy of killing Soleimani. This guy is responsible for deaths of so many Syrian men and women that I can’t seriously be mad about his death. Hope he rots in hell.

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
As important as a top military commander can be in a militaristic regime. He was directly responsible for supplying funds for Hezbollah, Hamas, Iraqi Shiite militias known as Hashd al-shabi, and huthis among others. He's probably the reason Assad is still in power.

- - - Updated - - -

As much as I dislike Trump I can’t hide my joy of killing Soleimani. This guy is responsible for deaths of so many Syrian men and women that I can’t seriously be mad about his death. Hope he rots in hell.
:tup:

I feel you there. I think the same can be said for any of these horrific tyrants and their lackeys in any nation...

I suppose the issue is who decides these things? Who draws the line? Are we okay with America playing judge, jury, and executioner around the world again? Are we okay with state sponsored assassinations? Are we okay with large-scale warfare breaking out as a consequence of such actions?

Last edited:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

I feel you there. I think the same can be said for any of these horrific tyrants and their lackeys in any nation...

I suppose the issue is who decides these things? Who draws the line? Are we okay with America playing judge, jury, and execution or around the world again? Are we okay with state sponsored assassinations? Are we okay with large-scale warfare breaking out as a consequence of such actions?
Apparently Eric Trump knew before Congress.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
so... now that ISIS is crippled its time to whip any ambitious Shiite leaders to ensure they don't attempt to fill that power gap?

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
This is Trump trying to get re-elected. It looks like it might work too tbh. Another 4 years of this clown.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
so... now that ISIS is crippled its time to whip any ambitious Shiite leaders to ensure they don't attempt to fill that power gap?
Shiite militias have been running rampant in Middle East for some time now. They've been always tolerated more because unlike Sunni militia they don't behead their victims, and also they are backed by a state.
Killing Soleimani is probably not a wise thing to do for US since with aggressive sanctions against Iran they pretty much hold all the cards. It’s Iran that wants war. But it wasn’t a wise thing for Iran that their minions attacked US embassy in Baghdad.

- - - Updated - - -

This is Trump trying to get re-elected. It looks like it might work too tbh. Another 4 years of this clown.
I hate Trump as much as anybody, but what would be your response when your embassy gets attacked? This is not all on trump.

- - - Updated - - -

WWIII is trending on Twitter. :snoop:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Shiite militias have been running rampant in Middle East for some time now. They've been always tolerated more because unlike Sunni militia they don't behead their victims, and also they are backed by a state.
Killing Soleimani is probably not a wise thing to do for US since with aggressive sanctions against Iran they pretty much hold all the cards. It’s Iran that wants war. But it wasn’t a wise thing for Iran that their minions attacked US embassy in Baghdad.

- - - Updated - - -

I hate Trump as much as anybody, but what would be your response when your embassy gets attacked? This is not all on trump.

- - - Updated - - -

i’m not sure what my response would be but assassinating their general without congress approval seems a little steep. This was not planned or conferred, it just seemed like the most convenient time to do it, almost like they were waiting for something to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Yikes.

But... what about Hillary’s emails? :lol3:
she also killed Epstein according to a bunch of people on my social media circle

- - - Updated - - -

@Ronn anyways, Iran won’t do anything, they’ll just take this and fuck off so I don’t think it’ll lead to war but I think Republicans would be more than okay with it. If more troops are deployed there, I’ll be pissed

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
i’m not sure what my response would be but assassinating their general without congress approval seems a little steep. This was not planned or conferred, it just seemed like the most convenient time to do it, almost like they were waiting for something to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

she also killed Epstein according to a bunch of people on my social media circle
I’m reading some analysis regarding the attack, and someone pointed out that Trump did not announce this personally as a narcissist like him would do if this was indeed planned. The speculation is US targeted Hashd al-Shabi’s second in command and did not know that Soleimani is actually there with him. I really don’t know how to feel about this.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

@Ronn anyways, Iran won’t do anything, they’ll just take this and fuck off so I don’t think it’ll lead to war but I think Republicans would be more than okay with it. If more troops are deployed there, I’ll be pissed
You may need to do a little culling of your social media circle... ;)

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Oil Price going to skyrocket. Choose a good job with a walking distance.

- - - Updated - - -

Trolling about a potential war :sergio:

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei: "You cannot do a damn thing."
President Donald J. Trump: "Hold my beer."

Last edited:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
It’s Iran that wants war.
difficult for me to see how Iran could want this? US seemed comfortable killing their #2 as a message in reponse to recent action.

It looks to me like the current administration saw Iran going to a point that it was no longer willing to tolerate and decided the best course of action was to escalate to a level that Iran can only back down from. Surely they wouldn't even fathom serious retaliation.

Any retaliation against stationed US troops in the Middle East would result in an inevitable war that Iran can't win.

The US isn't willing to accept an iranian sponsored sectarian offensive in Iraq. The lines been drawn Iran doesn't have a response to that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)