Gay couples as fit to adopt as heterosexuals: study (7 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
First I asked did the parents lie. You said "did I say they lied???". You're saying they would have said the same thing whether or not it was true. So yes, they probably did lie.
Sorry but I don't use 3 idiotic question marks, ever.

Then you said "they only did this to get people used to gays adopting". So the only purpose of the study, a fake study, was propaganda. You can't make outlandish claims and then say I'm the one exaggerating. I'm only trying to put bluntly what you said in a more subtle way.
I did say that but I didn't meant it that way. Let's not call it a fake but stupid study.

What circumstances? His parents having sex? Well, how does it affect you?
Not his parents, but his gay parents. It's not the same seeing a perfect world on the one side and 5 seconds later you see your 2 "dads" making out.

This is the whole problem with people. hey think they know something that they dreamt up.
Have you been a child of gay parents? No. So stop claiming to know things you have no clue about.

That's why science happens, to explore things that are unexplored. So that we can stop taking advice from people who have zero knowledge and base all their opinions on assumptions.
Oh you're the one to say. Have you been a child of gay parents? How do you know it wouldn't affect them a bad way, then? So you know as much as I do about it, stop claiming things you have no clue about. Your science, do they know more about it except 1400 (155 gays) interviewed people that answered some questions?

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #43
    Sorry but I don't use 3 idiotic question marks, ever.
    Stop trying to skirt the issue. It's what you said.

I did say that but I didn't meant it that way. Let's not call it a fake but stupid study.
    So now you're saying they didn't cook it, rather they had no hope to begin with in getting the gay parents to tell the truth? It's hard to understand what you mean sometimes.

Not his parents, but his gay parents. It's not the same seeing a perfect world on the one side and 5 seconds later you see your 2 "dads" making out.
    So what if they make out? Why should it harm anyone to see that?

Oh you're the one to say. Have you been a child of gay parents? How do you know it wouldn't affect them a bad way, then?
    I don't!! Ffs, that's the whole point. I'm saying you're full of shit and everyone who claims gay adoptions are harmful is too. That's what I wrote in the first post and that's what I'm saying in almost every post after that.

And so given that you have _no_ insight about this, how about you stop trying to deny people the right to do something that you have no basis whatsoever to claim is harmful?

So you know as much as I do about it, stop claiming things you have no clue about. Your science, do they know more about it except 1400 (155 gays) interviewed people that answered some questions?
    It's a study, it should be treated as one. It's one piece of evidence among few to date. Few because not a lot of gay people have been able adopt, otherwise you'd have a lot more studies on this. You don't have to be convinced by it and I obviously were provoking when I implied in the beginning that this proves anything.

Nevertheless, let's say there has been ONE study that found it's not harmful. Meanwhile, there are ZERO studies that found it is. So at the moment it's 1-0. In the absence of any evidence whatsoever to contradict this, I'm more inclined to go with the one than your assumptions. At least these people, however incompetent in your expert opinion, tried to perform a study that would elicit facts.

You have no idea what questions they asked and how they tried to make sure they would get honest answers. Neither do I. But I'm not the one claiming the whole thing is a massive failure.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #44
    I have to say Elvin's trolling has been quite good the past couple of days. He's managed to annoy me several times.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
    There is nothing wrong with either gay marriage or gay adoption, let alone peopel choosing or feeling naturally homosexual/attracted to the same sex. Marriage and adoption are both LEGAL contracts and have NOTHING to do with religions or religious organisations.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    Stop trying to skirt the issue. It's what you said.
    I did say it, I didn't mean to say they lied. I don't know how those interviews work but let's what if they came to seek for answers at some place that is majority anti-gay marriage or adoption? Would they stick to their opinion and be against it?

So what if they make out? Why should it harm anyone to see that?
    Harm? Well, you're a little kid seeing your dads making out later on you go outside and see something else, different. You're a kid, you're not old enough to think about it differently, you'll get the wrong idea of the whole picture. You can go emotional too much, it's not a harm but it can change your personality. You grow up in a different environment, you get tortured by your "friends".

I don't!! Ffs, that's the whole point. I'm saying you're full of shit and everyone who claims gay adoptions are harmful is too. That's what I wrote in the first post and that's what I'm saying in almost every post after that.

And so given that you have _no_ insight about this, how about you stop trying to deny people the right to do something that you have no basis whatsoever to claim is harmful?
    It's not legal really in Serbia and I've never seen people making out, if I ever get to see it I wouldn't find it normal. They ask for their rights which I don't get. They want to have gay parade in the center of your town, which I don't get. People think it's wrong, it's not natural, later on they wonder why they get beaten by people on the streets. Oh and thanks for saying I'm full of shit, Martin.

You have no idea what questions they asked and how they tried to make sure they would get honest answers. Neither do I. But I'm not the one claiming the whole thing is a massive failure.
    Well I do think that. It's people with twisted mind, I don't think they deserve the same rights.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    Eℓvin;2159771 said:
    Of course I am.

Think like this: you and your wife die in a car crash, you have a 4 year old son, none of you have any relatives. Would you be okay with 2 homos who suck each others deformed cocks kissing your son good night?

If yes, then vote for that. Enjoy.
    How about your mum sucking your dads deformed cock kissing you good night?

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    NEW YORK (Reuters Life!) - Gay or straight, the sexual orientation of adoptive parents does not have an impact on the emotional development of their children, according to a new study.

But researchers said that if parents were satisfied with the adoption process, had a stable income and functioned well as a family the risk of emotional problems in children were reduced.

"We found that sexual orientation of the adoptive parents was not a significant predictor of emotional problems," Paige Averett, an assistant professor of social work at East Carolina University, said in a statement.

"We did find, however, that age and pre-adoptive sexual abuse were," she added.

Averett, Blace Nalavany, also of East Carolina University, and Scott Ryan, dean of the University of Texas School of Social Work, questioned nearly 1,400 couples in the United States, including 155 gay and lesbian parents.

They used information from Florida's public child welfare system and data from gay and lesbian couples throughout the U.S. for the study.

Each couple was questioned about themselves and their children, the family composition and dynamics, and the history of the child before the adoption.

The researchers said the findings, which are reported in the journal Adoption Quarterly, are important because it compared gay and lesbian and heterosexual couples.

"There are implications for social work educators, adoption professionals, and policy makers in this and other recent studies," said Averett.

"We must pay attention to the data indicating that gay and lesbian parents are as fit as heterosexual parents to adopt," Averett added, "because at least 130,000 children are depending on us to act as informed advocates on their behalf."

The American Civil Liberties Union has said that laws and adoption agency policies have created obstacles for gay and lesbian couple who want to adopt children.

(Reporting by Patricia Reaney, editing by Paul Casciato)

http://www.reuters.com/article/lifestyleMolt/idUSTRE58O3MK20090925

===

Well, look at that. Decades of wisdom based entirely on people's own assumptions squashed. Who would have thought.
    So I was right again? Damn I am always right :evil:

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #49
    I did say it, I didn't mean to say they lied. I don't know how those interviews work but let's what if they came to seek for answers at some place that is majority anti-gay marriage or adoption? Would they stick to their opinion and be against it?
    Would who? The scientists or the participants? Science is not a PR stunt where you pick your material so that the audience likes it.

Harm? Well, you're a little kid seeing your dads making out later on you go outside and see something else, different. You're a kid, you're not old enough to think about it differently, you'll get the wrong idea of the whole picture. You can go emotional too much, it's not a harm but it can change your personality. You grow up in a different environment, you get tortured by your "friends".
    The same exact arguments apply to interracial couples. And the same exact arguments were being presented in the past when people opposed interracial couples from getting married.

So kids pick on you because you have gay parents. Let's add that to the million other reasons kids pick on each other. This is reason enough why someone shouldn't be able to adopt? It's not the kid's fault his parents are gay, it's his friends that are morons. Maybe we should do something about them, rather than punish the kid by preventing him from having parents?

It's not legal really in Serbia and I've never seen people making out, if I ever get to see it I wouldn't find it normal. They ask for their rights which I don't get. They want to have gay parade in the center of your town, which I don't get.
    Which you don't get. You don't get why someone who is being denied the right to adopt a child would want that right, do you? Do you also not get why someone would want a child, or do you get *that* part?

People want to be treated fairly, as equals. That's what they want. And this you don't get. Well I don't know if I can help you with that.

People think it's wrong, it's not natural, later on they wonder why they get beaten by people on the streets.
    They get beaten because people are hateful, ignorant morons. That's also why people get beaten for being of a different race of nationality, or frickin supporting the wrong club in the wrong country (some French football fan was stabbed to death in Serbia today). Or do you say those beatings have some rational basis too?

Oh and thanks for saying I'm full of shit, Martin.
    On this point you absolutely are, though. And here's why I say it. Much of the time you're a rational person on the forum, you come into a thread and say "hey's lets use some common sense". And I applaud that. Meanwhile it's time for you to apply that same lesson to yourself. Just because you think something is uncomfortable or disgusting doesn't make it harmful. And you have nothing to back up your claim. It's time to use some common sense.

Well I do think that. It's people with twisted mind, I don't think they deserve the same rights.
    Too bad you didn't say this to begin with, this has been a waste of time. If you're in favor of treating some people as subhuman without equal rights, then there's nothing much to discuss rationally. Our prime minister said of pedophiles recently that they shouldn't have human rights. There's little point discussing with extremists.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #52
    What about me? :smile:
    Sorta depends. I thought you were being serious, which is obviously a higher achievement in trolling. On the other hand, Elvin accomplished more with less effort, which is more impressive in terms of economics.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #53
    Well Martin there was a reason why they can't have children maybe but whatever.
    Sure they can. They can't conceive, but they can use artificial conception, or adoption. Those are perfectly realistic methods.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    Sorta depends. I thought you were being serious, which is obviously a higher achievement in trolling. On the other hand, Elvin accomplished more with less effort, which is more impressive in terms of economics.
    If you mean serious as mad getting angry, no I never was, but if you mean about the subject, yes I was. Sure it turned to something funny and all (Since I couldn't show that clip, because I never recorded it) and I liked how it ended, me seeing "other" things, well I admit it sounds funny and I had my laugh too :D

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #55
    If you mean serious as mad getting angry, no I never was, but if you mean about the subject, yes I was. Sure it turned to something funny and all (Since I couldn't show that clip, because I never recorded it) and I liked how it ended, me seeing "other" things, well I admit it sounds funny and I had my laugh too :D
    Oh, you mean how good were you at trolling other people? They would be able to judge that better, since I can't know how mad it made them.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    Sure they can. They can't conceive, but they can use artificial conception, or adoption. Those are perfectly realistic methods.
    Couples adopt because not all of them can have children, there are ways but it's not let's just say natural. On the other hand no gay couple can conceive, not even one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amfilohije_Radović has stated his opinion about it *(gay parade and stuff) and it's something like this

trees that are seedless are being cut off and thrown into fire

He's probably one of the smartest people around here and it's not like I obey that but just wanted to post it. He said it's all Sodom and Gomorrah.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #59
    Couples adopt because not all of them can have children, there are ways but it's not let's just say natural.
    Artificial insemination, is that "natural"? Using precise laboratory instruments to impregnate a woman artificially. If it's not natural, then by all means it should be banned, no? For straight couples too. How about the internet, is that "natural"? Talking to people over long distances that you'd otherwise only be able to do if they were standing within earshot?

The "natural" argument is a red herring. A lion eating a human is natural, doesn't mean it's good for the human.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amfilohije_Radović has stated his opinion about it *(gay parade and stuff) and it's something like this

He's probably one of the smartest people around here and it's not like I obey that but just wanted to post it. He said it's all Sodom and Gomorrah.
    You know what I said about hateful, ignorant morons earlier? Yes, well you know they are found in the church too. Even if they are not violent.

And that has no bearing on how smart he is. Smart people can be evil. Stalin was clever like a mofo. This is a question of discrimination, of how you treat other people. It has little to do with being smart. If you're smart enough to understand the consequences of this matter, you're smart enough to consider the question.

A person's sense of humanity does not increase with intelligence.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Couples adopt because not all of them can have children, there are ways but it's not let's just say natural. On the other hand no gay couple can conceive, not even one.

:sergio:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)