Gay couples as fit to adopt as heterosexuals: study (5 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
So the whole study is cooked then? So do you trust any studies at all? (Especially any ones that don't agree with your preconceptions?)

For your information interview is the standard method of doing a study in psychology (have you ever been given an anonymous survey to do at school? we used to get them all the time). It's also what happens when you go see a therapist, it's interview form, he talks to you. What else do you propose to do?

Btw I also find interesting you assumption that out of 1400 kids and parents who were interviewed, all of them lied, as if they had made a big meeting prior to the interviews and decided to agree on a common story.
Did I say it was cooked? Did I say they lied? No, I said it I'd knew the answer right at the start. Did you seriously think they'd say it'd be wrong? No, because the rest of the world would not approve for such because of the "studies". The whole idea was made out to make people get used to the fact that there are going to be gays adopting.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
NEW YORK (Reuters Life!) - Gay or straight, the sexual orientation of adoptive parents does not have an impact on the emotional development of their children, according to a new study.

But researchers said that if parents were satisfied with the adoption process, had a stable income and functioned well as a family the risk of emotional problems in children were reduced.

"We found that sexual orientation of the adoptive parents was not a significant predictor of emotional problems," Paige Averett, an assistant professor of social work at East Carolina University, said in a statement.

"We did find, however, that age and pre-adoptive sexual abuse were," she added.
:lol: no shit sherlock

on a serious note this a joke of a study since they only took a 155 gay, too small of a sample. Not to mention that gay people who adopt tend in general to be more affluent than the straight ones. And finally, as most of us can attest, most emotional distress incurred in childhood doesnt show its ugly face until much later.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Whoever has kids will agree that all the kid needs is love and attention. The kid doesn't care if it's a male or a female giving it to him/her.

The problems for the individual might occur later in his/her life, when the other kids will start joking with him/her about his "mom"/ "dad". When you're 12 or 15, such things like having two male parents or two female parents might easily reflect negatively on your emotional state and completely fuck you up.

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #26
    :lol: no shit sherlock

on a serious note this a joke of a study since they only took a 155 gay, too small of a sample. Not to mention that gay people who adopt tend in general to be more affluent than the straight ones. And finally, as most of us can attest, most emotional distress incurred in childhood doesnt show its ugly face until much later.
    First post to actually criticize the merits of the study, rather than make it out to be some kind of conspiracy theory. :tup:

And finally, as most of us can attest, most emotional distress incurred in childhood doesnt show its ugly face until much later.
    Careful, you don't want to reveal anything about yourself :wink:

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
    Why do you compare if it has to be 2 homos or children's home? Why not 2 homos or 2 heterosexuals?
    Two heteros would be ideal for the reasons Alen mention above. If the option is children's home or a gay couple, I'd certainly pick the latter.

All of this assuming the straight and the homo couple are both good people.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    I didn't mean it like that. But tell me, did you seriously think they'd say it'd be wrong? Well they wouldn't. Stop saying it's all conspiracy theory, some of you are exaggerating when it comes to that. Think like a normal person and your answer is going to be no.

If a kid is about to live with his gay parents I'm sure he'd get the needed love but it's not even the point. How would it effect kids brain to live under such circumstances?

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #37
    I didn't mean it like that. But tell me, did you seriously think they'd say it'd be wrong? Well they wouldn't.
    First I asked did the parents lie. You said "did I say they lied???". You're saying they would have said the same thing whether or not it was true. So yes, they probably did lie.

Stop saying it's all conspiracy theory, some of you are exaggerating when it comes to that. Think like a normal person and your answer is going to be no.
    Then you said "they only did this to get people used to gays adopting". So the only purpose of the study, a fake study, was propaganda. You can't make outlandish claims and then say I'm the one exaggerating. I'm only trying to put bluntly what you said in a more subtle way.

To recap, these phony scientists were funded by lord knows who to produce a study with the findings that were determined beforehand. It was cooked. This is exactly what you implied, so stop trying to minimize your accusation.

If a kid is about to live with his gay parents I'm sure he'd get the needed love but it's not even the point. How would it effect kids brain to live under such circumstances?
    What circumstances? His parents having sex? Well, how does it affect you?

This is the whole problem with people. They think they know something that they dreamt up. Have you been a child of gay parents? No. So stop claiming to know things you have no clue about. That's why science happens, to explore things that are unexplored. So that we can stop taking advice from people who have zero knowledge and base all their opinions on assumptions.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Misunderstanding.

What? I make mistakes too sometimes. I'm not perfect.
    I thought you're saying that you need to make a phone call to my wife and ask her why didn't she tell you that her husband stopped finishing inside and that he'll know it's not his baby. :D

Yes, i'm fucked up...even though my parents weren't gay.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #40
    I'm pretty sure Sadomin was trying to mess with you no matter how you were to interpret what he said :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)