Game of Thrones [TV, not the book, no spoilers!] (128 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Obeeeeeeeryn :cry:

He owned the mountain then got lost in his emotions completely, I was rooting for him to just finish it off, dammit...

How awesome wasn't Sansa Btw? The book versions cleverness came out I the show after 4 seasons. Arya's reaction was huge lol.

TrezJuve

May 26, 2010
I wonder what will they think of that in Dorne. It would be glorious if they sent someone else to get a revenge for Oberyn's sister(s?) and Oberyn himself.

- - - Updated - - -

"you killed Oberyn, aaaa"

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
They described and mentionned his daughters too often for them to not have them in the show next. Hopefully show us Dorne, it's bound to be the most awesome place in Westeros.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
btw this is my opinion relating this whole story and Martin.

I am quite sure that if the roles were reversed... If it was an obviously evil guy winning against a quite good guy with rightful vengeance and the good dude was on the ground, Martin would never make the good guy somehow miraculously kill the evil guy with his last effort.

I think the whole Oberyn dying was something very un-Martin like. So far Martin was describing a very realistic, painfully realistic deaths. Like in normal world Ned would be executed. Everyone was expecting him to somehow escape but Martin makes this realistic and Ned dies. Same thing with Robb Stark. But now when the realistic thing would be for Oberyn to not act like a retard and finish this or at least make sure Mountain can't reach him any more, Martin decides that the villain will magically have the opportunity to kill the hero. I really am sure that he wouldn't write it that way in reverse situation.

Martin must just take pleasure from killing the decent guys.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
oberyn dying is martin-like, generates more hype and is more memorable than him surviving.
It's Martin-like when it comes to his habit of killing decent guys, for sure. It's not Martin-like when it comes to how he invents the deaths of said decent guys. It was an asspull in my eyes unlike deaths of Ned or Robb.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
It's Martin-like when it comes to his habit of killing decent guys, for sure. It's not Martin-like when it comes to how he invents the deaths of said decent guys. It was an asspull in my eyes unlike deaths of Ned or Robb.
i thought it was similar to robb starks death in that he was close to victory but let personal matters interfere and thus paid dearly for having that emotional blind side

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 128)