Game of Thrones [TV, not the book, no spoilers!] (129 Viewers)

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
i thought it was similar to robb starks death in that he was close to victory but let personal matters interfere and thus paid dearly for having that emotional blind side
Robb's mistake was political and that's expected of a young idealistic man in Martin's world. He wouldn't expect his men to betray him. That was realistic.

Oberyn was toying with Mountain, was obviously winning and yet this great warrior somehow makes a rookie mistake and stops paying attention to an opponent like the Mountain. I find this unrealistic. I mean realistically he knows that Mountain is still not dead and he stands right at his gigantic arms where it is so easy to get grabbed or knocked down. What's worse he stops looking at the Mountain and looks at his woman when his opponent is still not dead. I mean for a legendary warrior, seasoned in many wars all around the world, that seems quite unrealistic.

That's just my opinion though. I think Martin is just trying too hard to kill the decent guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Precisely what I was thinking when she showed up :rofl:

Also:

Buy on AliExpress.com

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
I'm growing to really hate this show.
Yeah. I actually feel like losing interest after this episode. Red Wedding was terrible and I felt terrible about it. Ned's death was terrible too. But this time it just made no damned sense and I feel like it was forced way to once again make the good guy die. It's getting absurd.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
You can imagine how funny was reading this post and knowing what will happen :lol::lol:

He is a legendary warrior in Westeros. He will win for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I forgot the most important part:

OBERYN :delpiero: :delpiero: :delpiero:

Wow this guy is probably my new favourite character together with Tyrion. He is a man of principles like the Starks used to be but also not as naive as they were. I hope that whole house Martell is similar. Also did you guys just see the happyness in Tyrion's eyes? Epic.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Robb's mistake was political and that's expected of a young idealistic man in Martin's world. He wouldn't expect his men to betray him. That was realistic.

Oberyn was toying with Mountain, was obviously winning and yet this great warrior somehow makes a rookie mistake and stops paying attention to an opponent like the Mountain. I find this unrealistic. I mean realistically he knows that Mountain is still not dead and he stands right at his gigantic arms where it is so easy to get grabbed or knocked down. What's worse he stops looking at the Mountain and looks at his woman when his opponent is still not dead. I mean for a legendary warrior, seasoned in many wars all around the world, that seems quite unrealistic.

That's just my opinion though. I think Martin is just trying too hard to kill the decent guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Precisely what I was thinking when she showed up :rofl:

Also:

Robb's biggest mistake was his marriage

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
I would agree with you if The Mountain would just won the duel straight way. That would be very true to everything I've seen before in that show. But the way of "the beaten evil guy suddenly attack with his last effort" makes it very different imo and somehow forced. Like I said though, it's just how I feel about this whole fight. It was a bit different in the books from what I heard and made a bit more sense.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
I think that Arya's reaction to Lady Arryn's death is basically the commentary to the whole show. That's how I react now when another terrible thing happens to my favourite characters and another good thing happens to the evil bastards.

venus_isle

Sep 23, 2010
people shouldve learnt by now that there's no 'good' or 'bad' guys. everyone have motives and everyone can die just like in real life world.
you will enjoy the show better if you have this mindset.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 129)