• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Thank you my dearest mod:juventus:
I didnt expect for a report, a check would be enough and your word for that would be more than enough!:beer:

Just out of curiosity,have you any idea, (aprox. like 30%),
how much percentage of the forum's members have dynamic IPs? ( just to have an idea, of how competent the IP check can be, in a such multi-national forum)

Now, back on topic:turk:
I never really looked into it, but i think that it might be around 50-50. The members from the western countries are easy to track, but it's a problem with the Balkans and some others because their IP addresses change all the time, whenever they re-connect.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
@Cronios:

Look man, I do want new wingbacks but it shouldn't be a priority for both. We have Zebina when healthy is way ahead of grygera and most right backs in the league. Maybe a better backup for Z. Then we have DC who hasn't been given a good enough chance. We got Canna by replacing mellberg. You say you want two worldclass wingbacks, right? You said it in the novel you wrote on the last page. First tell me two that are A) available, B)affordable, and C) "worldclass" by YOUR standards.

Even worldclass wingbacks get beat on their sides. Teams defend as a unit, not individually Cronios. You mentioned what happens if sissoko goes out, well marchisio (whom I think you underrate) is an excellent youthfull ball winner and d'ago lead the league in tackles so I'd say between those two and our worldclass (IMO) tacklers that are canna and chiellini we should be covered in that department.

I just don't see your arguement that two new winbacks are the answer to our teams issues. You would rather have two players whom maybe 5 times a game push forward and cross with let's guess 75percent accuracy not always guanteeing goals all the while have a transparent midfield instead of 1 player that is good and more affordable than your 2 worldclass wingbacks, that has the ability to link all areas of our team together. An allstar backline won't do much with a midfield that can't keep possession or distribute the ball the way they should. Even the best backlines crack and I believe it would again if we have another midfield playing this year like it did last year.

All of our defenders that we have, though some lack in specific departments, work extraordinarily hard for each other and the team. With some smart tactics and organisation from Ciro we will be able to achieve good results. Ranieri had no idea how to defend.

I agree on two new wingbacks, but not before a regista. He would allow all of our players to be able to focus on what they do best as I explained earlier, something 2 wingbacks wouldn't do. IMO worldclass wingbacks are a luxury that we can't afford when a purchase of d'ago at much less the cost would bring more to all areas of the team. Sorry, that just makes more sense to me. I'm not opposed to getting new defenders like santacroce or grosso, but it is to my belief that D'agostino will bring relief to the defense, organisation to the midfield and purpose going forward from that transition from defense to offense.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
@Cronios:

Look man, I do want new wingbacks but it shouldn't be a priority for both. We have Zebina when healthy is way ahead of grygera and most right backs in the league. Maybe a better backup for Z. Then we have DC who hasn't been given a good enough chance. We got Canna by replacing mellberg. You say you want two worldclass wingbacks, right? You said it in the novel you wrote on the last page. First tell me two that are A) available, B)affordable, and C) "worldclass" by YOUR standards.

Even worldclass wingbacks get beat on their sides. Teams defend as a unit, not individually Cronios. You mentioned what happens if sissoko goes out, well marchisio (whom I think you underrate) is an excellent youthfull ball winner and d'ago lead the league in tackles so I'd say between those two and our worldclass (IMO) tacklers that are canna and chiellini we should be covered in that department.

I just don't see your arguement that two new winbacks are the answer to our teams issues. You would rather have two players whom maybe 5 times a game push forward and cross with let's guess 75percent accuracy not always guanteeing goals all the while have a transparent midfield instead of 1 player that is good and more affordable than your 2 worldclass wingbacks, that has the ability to link all areas of our team together. An allstar backline won't do much with a midfield that can't keep possession or distribute the ball the way they should. Even the best backlines crack and I believe it would again if we have another midfield playing this year like it did last year.

All of our defenders that we have, though some lack in specific departments, work extraordinarily hard for each other and the team. With some smart tactics and organisation from Ciro we will be able to achieve good results. Ranieri had no idea how to defend.

I agree on two new wingbacks, but not before a regista. He would allow all of our players to be able to focus on what they do best as I explained earlier, something 2 wingbacks wouldn't do. IMO worldclass wingbacks are a luxury that we can't afford when a purchase of d'ago at much less the cost would bring more to all areas of the team. Sorry, that just makes more sense to me. I'm not opposed to getting new defenders like santacroce or grosso, but it is to my belief that D'agostino will bring relief to the defense, organisation to the midfield and purpose going forward from that transition from defense to offense.
I agree that the team defends as o unit and thats why i am worried about Dago, being the our first line of defense.
I dont underrate Marchisio, on the contrary i believe that he can perform that role even better, as he is more competent defensively.
But he is not as dynamic as Sissoko, at least not yet.
And as we have seen this year, no one can replace his physicality.
Playing with one midfielder less then the rest of the teams, our flanks and center of the midfield not to be stronger than the average, otherwise it will be easily bullied around.
Camo - Diego - Dago/Marchisio can be a first line of defense, but its not that hard to go past them, esp past Diego, they need a
Strong dynamic and physical DM like - Sissoko To play behind them and close all the gaps. CZ doesnt have the stamina, Marchisio is not fierce enough and Camo def not
made for that job. Neither is Dago. If we move Sissoko to a side, our team will be unbalanced, his side will be a solid side, but not as creative (as he cant pass like our CMs) And other side will be vulnerable.
I believe that Canna and Chiellini are capable enough of passing the ball, 3-9 feet in front of them to Camo or Marchisio.
And they can advance a few meters by the own and pass the ball to Diego.
He can create from there, from the middle of the field to their box.
Where he can find our capable forwards, who can easily find their way from there.

IMO this is how the 4-3-1-2 works. IF the holding DM can distribute the ball thats even better.
Esp if we play defensively and we want to keep possession, closer to our field.
But what happens if the one who is holding the ball, right in front of our CBs loses the ball? Who is going to catch him?? Canna ? LOL
Thats why i prefer Diego to do the distribution role and even if he is dispossessed, Sissoko will be behind him to recover that ball!

In previous 4-4-2 Dago or Alonso would be really valuable, as they would complement Sissoko's passing lapses. And Sissoko would offer the needed coverage.

However, as we have seen time and time again. If we dont defend as a team and let alone our defense to do their work. They simply cant cope...

Sad bad true... I will be very pleased if we can afford to have a dedicated creative midfielder (Diego), without losing much from our defensive coverage, which will be practically with one man lesser than it was now.
I dont think that we can afford two less and put one behind the other!

(welcomed, but too much to ask with that defense, IMO)

If Dago was more capable defensively, or if our back four were more competent, we could.

As to what i want, i think that our priority is to find a permanent replacement to Zebi. We should sell him or Grygera to an EPL team. And make an investment that will last at least 5-6 years. A player near 26 year old or less, at 8-10mil.
It doesnt necessarily have to buy Italian. I would follow Arsenal's example.

I have a few players in mind from the French and German league. Fast, young, able to perform a sliding tackle, a decent cross and Grygera's stamina!
Secco may not be able to pull that off and our board wouldnt afford/justify that.
My taste is irrelevant, so i will keep it real if you insist for a an example:
For our left flank, i believe that we should sell Moli asap or give/co own him to Genoa and use the money we got for their half, to bring Criscito back.
(their money back, the loan of Molinaro and 50% of his contract would be suffice to buy his half back)
And keep DC as the offensive option. IF he fails for any reason, sell him by x-mas and bring a Grosso. No problem, if Criscito is already here...
Therefore we would have a "young and Italian" defense:shifty: . 2 Italian CBs, one Italian keeper and LB should be Italian enough to afford/tolerate a straniero RB but with serie A exp. I dont dare to ask for Roma's, Fiorentina's or Inter's RB's
But we can go for Lazio's for ex. Or trying a la Mellberg and get Napoli's or Udinese's CB/RB. That would be double effective, we either earn one more solution in the RB, or the assurance of our future CB twin. Its a win win situation there and with Canna, Legro around, we can afford to risk that, or keep him as RB!
We offered 11mil pounds to Udine for Dago, with that money we can buy Santacroce, a fullback like A.Santos and bring back Criscito too.
The sales and salaries of Mellberg, Zebi/Grygera and Molinaro can pay for their salaries and any difference.

And we can still buy Dago if we sell Treze and or Almiron/Tiago/Poulsen.
And udine accept realistic conditions...

Usually i de prefer defenders able to defend first. But it is imperative for the 4-3-1-2 to become multi-dimensional, that the full-backs can be potential threats and force the opposition to keep their lines widened!

A front attack only, no matter how skilled Diego is and how resourceful Dago can be, cannot penetrate an over-crowed midfield.
If Zebi stays healthy and plays like he did in the last game and DC is given a chance, then we would be ok. But the chances of this to happen, are far less than Marchisio or even CZ, Tiago and Poulsen, all fail to play that deep play-maker role. IMO Marchisio is good enough for the job, he has good stamina, great tactical awareness and better defensive skills to stop the man who goes past Diego, than Dago. Tiago can also do that in theory, but he cant on the field!
CZ might not be fit enough to close the gaps fast. But Poulsen!! Poulsen is a good passer and he also knows how to defend! I believe we can try him there.
But then we have to chose which flank Sissoko should waste offensively.
That would probably be the left flank, as Camo will cover the right one. That would also need no need for Molinaro or Criscito there. As defensive coverage will be present. But we will have an urgent need of an offensive fullback there! Not Molinaro...
Our left would be completely dead...
Do you understand, now, why i insist that we need an upgrade there??
We just cant afford this, with these defenders.

And What happens if Camo gets injured and we have to move Sissoko to other side? We also have to keep an option there too.
80% chances are that Zebi will be injured again, as he always is when we need him. And what are we expecting from Grygera to do, in order to become a threat?

And if the fullback goes wide, how can we expect from Canna to run and track the open spaces at his age??:lol: Our defense cant support such an option, either Ferrara will anticipate it, as i believe he already did.
Or we will learn with the hard way, conceding stupid goals, just like this year...

Selling Poulsen, putting Dago there and betting that this defense will hold by their own is a wild risk! Also betting that they can do the offensive part too, is just insane...
Cronios might have thought he was a double account of mine :lol2:
Not really, you are bold enough to hold your ground!

Dec 9, 2006
Juventus stupidity of sacrificing D'agustino, it will be important for the team in the event of Arrival, and the club at the waiver of certain conditions I do not mean to give up some of the players for coming, not compromising the payment, that I feel that Juventus wants to take advantage of Udinese, but jUVE paid amount, 18 but not colored, but the limits of ten million would be appropriate and this will pay for the Udinese player Balastgta in the interest of Juventus, will be the end of the Juventus player desired by both parties and would be a good player with the group, and that Ray Ra others know what ????????? ???????

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Juventus stupidity of sacrificing D'agustino, it will be important for the team in the event of Arrival, and the club at the waiver of certain conditions I do not mean to give up some of the players for coming, not compromising the payment, that I feel that Juventus wants to take advantage of Udinese, but jUVE paid amount, 18 but not colored, but the limits of ten million would be appropriate and this will pay for the Udinese player Balastgta in the interest of Juventus, will be the end of the Juventus player desired by both parties and would be a good player with the group, and that Ray Ra others know what ????????? ???????
What ??? :luckyluke:

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
:lol: What did you just say?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I agree that the team defends as o unit and thats why i am worried about Dago, being the our first line of defense.
I dont underrate Marchisio, on the contrary i believe that he can perform that role even better, as he is more competent defensively.
But he is not as dynamic as Sissoko, at least not yet.
And as we have seen this year, no one can replace his physicality.
Playing with one midfielder less then the rest of the teams, our flanks and center of the midfield not to be stronger than the average, otherwise it will be easily bullied around.
Camo - Diego - Dago/Marchisio can be a first line of defense, but its not that hard to go past them, esp past Diego, they need a
Strong dynamic and physical DM like - Sissoko To play behind them and close all the gaps. CZ doesnt have the stamina, Marchisio is not fierce enough and Camo def not
made for that job. Neither is Dago. If we move Sissoko to a side, our team will be unbalanced, his side will be a solid side, but not as creative (as he cant pass like our CMs) And other side will be vulnerable.
I believe that Canna and Chiellini are capable enough of passing the ball, 3-9 feet in front of them to Camo or Marchisio.
And they can advance a few meters by the own and pass the ball to Diego.
He can create from there, from the middle of the field to their box.
Where he can find our capable forwards, who can easily find their way from there.

IMO this is how the 4-3-1-2 works. IF the holding DM can distribute the ball thats even better.
Esp if we play defensively and we want to keep possession, closer to our field.
But what happens if the one who is holding the ball, right in front of our CBs loses the ball? Who is going to catch him?? Canna ? LOL
Thats why i prefer Diego to do the distribution role and even if he is dispossessed, Sissoko will be behind him to recover that ball![/U]

In previous 4-4-2 Dago or Alonso would be really valuable, as they would complement Sissoko's passing lapses. And Sissoko would offer the needed coverage.

However, as we have seen time and time again. If we dont defend as a team and let alone our defense to do their work. They simply cant cope...

Sad bad true... I will be very pleased if we can afford to have a dedicated creative midfielder (Diego), without losing much from our defensive coverage, which will be practically with one man lesser than it was now.
I dont think that we can afford two less and put one behind the other!

(welcomed, but too much to ask with that defense, IMO)

If Dago was more capable defensively, or if our back four were more competent, we could.

As to what i want, i think that our priority is to find a permanent replacement to Zebi. We should sell him or Grygera to an EPL team. And make an investment that will last at least 5-6 years. A player near 26 year old or less, at 8-10mil.
It doesnt necessarily have to buy Italian. I would follow Arsenal's example.

I have a few players in mind from the French and German league. Fast, young, able to perform a sliding tackle, a decent cross and Grygera's stamina!
Secco may not be able to pull that off and our board wouldnt afford/justify that.
My taste is irrelevant, so i will keep it real if you insist for a an example:
For our left flank, i believe that we should sell Moli asap or give/co own him to Genoa and use the money we got for their half, to bring Criscito back.
(their money back, the loan of Molinaro and 50% of his contract would be suffice to buy his half back)
And keep DC as the offensive option. IF he fails for any reason, sell him by x-mas and bring a Grosso. No problem, if Criscito is already here...
Therefore we would have a "young and Italian" defense:shifty: . 2 Italian CBs, one Italian keeper and LB should be Italian enough to afford/tolerate a straniero RB but with serie A exp. I dont dare to ask for Roma's, Fiorentina's or Inter's RB's
But we can go for Lazio's for ex. Or trying a la Mellberg and get Napoli's or Udinese's CB/RB. That would be double effective, we either earn one more solution in the RB, or the assurance of our future CB twin. Its a win win situation there and with Canna, Legro around, we can afford to risk that, or keep him as RB!
We offered 11mil pounds to Udine for Dago, with that money we can buy Santacroce, a fullback like A.Santos and bring back Criscito too.
The sales and salaries of Mellberg, Zebi/Grygera and Molinaro can pay for their salaries and any difference.

And we can still buy Dago if we sell Treze and or Almiron/Tiago/Poulsen.
And udine accept realistic conditions...

Usually i de prefer defenders able to defend first. But it is imperative for the 4-3-1-2 to become multi-dimensional, that the full-backs can be potential threats and force the opposition to keep their lines widened!

A front attack only, no matter how skilled Diego is and how resourceful Dago can be, cannot penetrate an over-crowed midfield.
If Zebi stays healthy and plays like he did in the last game and DC is given a chance, then we would be ok. But the chances of this to happen, are far less than Marchisio or even CZ, Tiago and Poulsen, all fail to play that deep play-maker role. IMO Marchisio is good enough for the job, he has good stamina, great tactical awareness and better defensive skills to stop the man who goes past Diego, than Dago. Tiago can also do that in theory, but he cant on the field!
CZ might not be fit enough to close the gaps fast. But Poulsen!! Poulsen is a good passer and he also knows how to defend! I believe we can try him there.
But then we have to chose which flank Sissoko should waste offensively.
That would probably be the left flank, as Camo will cover the right one. That would also need no need for Molinaro or Criscito there. As defensive coverage will be present. But we will have an urgent need of an offensive fullback there! Not Molinaro...
Our left would be completely dead...
Do you understand, now, why i insist that we need an upgrade there??
We just cant afford this, with these defenders.

And What happens if Camo gets injured and we have to move Sissoko to other side? We also have to keep an option there too.
80% chances are that Zebi will be injured again, as he always is when we need him. And what are we expecting from Grygera to do, in order to become a threat?

And if the fullback goes wide, how can we expect from Canna to run and track the open spaces at his age??:lol: Our defense cant support such an option, either Ferrara will anticipate it, as i believe he already did.
Or we will learn with the hard way, conceding stupid goals, just like this year...

Selling Poulsen, putting Dago there and betting that this defense will hold by their own is a wild risk! Also betting that they can do the offensive part too, is just insane...

Not really, you are bold enough to hold your ground!

First of all, it is hard as hell to bold and highlight points in your novel when you already bold, underline, italics, etc. So I bolded in red:

Diego will distribute closer to goal, if we make him drop back he would be useless because he gets pulled out of position (just like kaka/ronaldinho stepping on each others toes). Players like Diego need to be in their own areas where they do the most damage. So you want a completely NON defensive AMC pulling back into the heart of midfield and closer to the backline to get the ball? Do you expect him to beat the entire opposition midfield to get back into attacking position? Someone needs to get him the ball and Marchisio is too inconsistent and Sissoko is far from good at passing. Let them win the balls, break the attack...that is what they are there for. I would trust the spine of our team consisting of Momo, marchisio, D'ago, Canna, Chiellini and Buffon anyday of the week to get the job done. That is one hell of a hard line to break. If our wingbacks are too weak as you say they have Canna/Chiellini for support and Sissoko, D'ago, and Marchisio to help double down if the backs get put under pressure.

Dude, if our players are tactically sound and know their roles and how to double down, recover, push wide, etc our defense will be fine. If our team defends as a unit our current crop will be fine...even molinaro. Next year we can spend our entire budget on wingbacks for all I care, this year we need to complete the midfield just like we completed the offense last year. Grosso will help if we get him and I am not opposed to him as long as he is short term. I would like a backup for Zebina and sell grygera. We have plenty of MCs to cover for the starting 3 its ridiculous.

I played defense my entire life at all levels and I made it pretty far. No matter how good the defense is Cron, if the midfield sucks and loses the ball over and over again you will concede. Simple as that. Even an average backline will be great if they have someone that can dish the ball off too instead of kicking it upfield with high hopes. As long as tactics are smart, the team is clicking and the backline is working as one unit I see no reason why our current crop would fail. Bash me all you want and call me crazy and send my name into oblivion I dont care, I feel pretty strongly based off of my experience that once we get a solid CM that can distribute things will work like clockwork. We have a world class AMC and attack with a worldclass DM and a soon to be WC midfielder in marchisio. D'ago is certainly up there in terms of distribution.

I understand your concern for wingbacks, I really do...i just believe in something different. I dislike Molinaro and Grygera probably as much as you do, but I am looking beyond them to what is IMO a bigger problem. The board realizes it obviously the coach does too otherwise they wouldn't be going after him so strongly. Too many times last season we were reminded that no one in midfield could pass as well as we needed. Even as much as our wingbacks couldn't cross. Hell, who is to say DC won't turn into a wonder this year at back? He is fast, can cross better than pretty much anyone we have in defense...he just needs taught proper positioning. He has some pretty good mentors and a great coach to teach him that. Sure he was unconvincing last year, but was he honestly really given a chance? No. Maybe Ariaudo might be transformed into a LB...maybe he is already at training ahead of schedule for that. Who knows.

All I am saying is big guy is that I feel in order to contend with Inter we need a stronger midfield...muscle will only get you so far, now we need brains. Please, Diego should not be pulled out of position as that takes him away from his strongest areas. If he gets pulled back that means he needs to defend, I don't trust him for that. kaka/dinho can't defend and they shouldn't....they wouldn't be the players are are/were if they were required to keep pulling back and defend or to get the ball. If we overpay for D'ago then I would rather spend the money elsewhere, besides it looks as though there are a few more players on their way so maybe we will both get our wish and we wont need to right novels to each other on how we think the team should play.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
:tup:

Honestly, I would prefer D'Agostino over another defender because more possession in midfield means less pressure on the defense.

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
You may disagree with me, I do play basketball for long time. Whenever my team sucks defensively we allways lose no matter how good we are offensively. So I say we should have a better defense, if we want to win tittles....
So defense is key to succes...

p.s. That guy remidned me google translate lol

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
You may disagree with me, I do play basketball for long time. Whenever my team sucks defensively we allways lose no matter how good we are offensively. So I say we should have a better defense, if we want to win tittles....
So defense is key to succes...

p.s. That guy remidned me google translate lol
I thought , Mellberg, Cannavaro, Chiellini, Legrottaglie was enough, but Olof didnt accept 4th defender place and leave us......now we have Grygera rd/cd,Zebina rwb,Canna cd,Legro cd,Chiellini cd,De Ceglie lwd,Molinaro ld,Ariaudo cd , i think De Ceglie can really progress good if Ferrara will play him....but on the last news we are "signin' Grosso"......so if it's true (or probably another one Left D) there is no place for Molinaro or DC or for both of them on the field......and i still believe in Zebina....i hope Jonathan will kick ass this year, i really want it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and i didnt think that D'ago signin will improve our cm zone..... Marchisio - Sissoko - CZ - Tiago - Poulsen is really enough + Diego e Giovinco of cuz.....and if we'll sell Poulsen, and sign D'ago, to replace denmark, it will be very bad because we cant play whole season with just one and only Sissoko on DM position and with 4 Cm players..........and if he(sissoko) well be injured again?? We played really bad without him in the end of last season........so let's wait how this fairytale will end )))):flag1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)