Apr 2, 2007
Buffon
Zebina Cannavaro Chiellini Grosso
D'Agostino
Marchisio Sissoko
Diego
Amauri Del Piero​
d ago as a DM and momo as MC????
Actually, i think klin17 is right and that's the formation Ferrara has in mind.
Also, you shouldn't look at the players positions as something static, unchangable throughout the 90 minutes. This particular formation shows the position of the players when Juve starts the attack. D'Agostino takes the ball and distributes it around. Instead of Chiellini kicking the ball as hard as he can and Amauri jumping like crazy in order to get that ball, we'll be aiming for balls with purpose. Long balls by D'aGostino won't be rare, but as i said, those balls will have a purpose, will be more precise. That's the deep lying playmaker position. Pirlo became famous playing there.

Buy on AliExpress.com

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
Actually I think it didn`t success as Ronaldinho is a player that needs the role of carrying the team on his back while at Milan he didn`t exactly has that role with Kaka and Pirlo taking much of the responsibility themselves+ Ronaldinho is not the same as he was while playing with Barca.
Maybe now that Kaka has gone Milan would rely on him more and it would make him more influential but just maybe

Diego is a player who is at his peak much of the responsibilty would obviously go to him and with Gio playing with him too I can just imagine that it would be 3 attacking midfielders which means 4-5-1 with Gio on the left and Diego on the center which I doubt that we are going to see it happen since we only have Camo for the RAM position with no backup
but with Diego at CAM Gio at LAM and someone new (RAM) or a good backup for Camo at this position and I can see both players (Gio Diego) play together and succeed
I think we have replacement for camo, Salihamtizcih would be very useful for defense and for his crosses, and he would give more space to Gio and Diego. I can't wait to see that Trezeguet scoring tons of goals if he remains with us!

RavaneVialli

Jan 27, 2008
Gio as a second striker I don`t think that it is his best position his finishing isn`t good enough and as seen last season when he played that role he wasn`t at his best
He was at his best while playing AML against Chelsea
That's true and that is why I was saying about Gio in 4-3-2-1 on Diego's side, not in front of him as a striker or even support striker.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Blog: Waiting for D’Ago

Antonio Labbate on why Juventus and Udinese must agree terms for midfield marvel Gaetano D’Agostino

Juventus want to buy, Udinese want to sell and Gaetano D’Agostino wants to move. Add those three factors together and you can already see the Italian international holding up the Old Lady’s shirt at his official presentation, telling journalists and fans alike that he’s realised a childhood dream.

The reality, though, is rather different. Talks after talks between club officials and the player’s agent have resulted in no agreement, but a war of brinkmanship as the two Serie A sides haggle over a transfer fee that is the only thing that separates D’Agostino from a switch to Turin.

Udinese, as we understand it, want £15m. Juventus, having already spent £22m for Werder Bremen’s Diego, have only offered £8m, after insisting that none of their promising youngsters – Paolo De Ceglie, Claudio Marchisio and Sebastian Giovinco – would be part of the deal.

In these tough and volatile financial times, one can comprehend that each club is after the best deal possible. However, common sense needs to prevail. D’Agostino, on the evidence of his last two campaigns, is worth more than £8m but less than £15m. And both clubs realise this.

We shouldn’t blame Udinese for their over the top demands. After all, they are a buy low and sell high club. Then one must also consider that D’Agostino is a rare breed in Serie A right now, a commodity, a classy deep-lying playmaker who has substance as well as style.

Nevertheless, it’s in everyone’s interests that D’Agostino moves to Juventus, including that of the Italian game. With foreign clubs such as Liverpool sniffing around for the midfielder, Serie A simply can’t afford to lose another of its real talents to a European rival.

It would be an important and significant signing for Juventus too, who after a couple of seasons of spending lavishly on foreign midfield flops – Tiago, Sergio Almiron and Christian Poulsen – are finally ready to buy Italian.

And then there is D’Agostino himself, a player who was scandalously omitted from the Confederations Cup squad last month. With Italy needing some new faces, he must prove himself on the biggest stage available before World Cup 2010. Juventus can offer him that, Udinese can’t.

Channel 4

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
With d'ago our formation will come alive and we will become much less predictable than last year. Our general passing and possession should improve greatly, as Alen said we won't be seeing the defense trying to play the long balls as they will have someone right in front who will want to receive the ball. That alone should take pressure off the defense and when you think about it the offense as well because they won't be trying to make something out of an impossible pass from chiellini and our midfield won't look like 3-4 chickens running with their heads cut off.

Our buildups will be so much better and with purpose with two anchors right in front of d'ago to support/protect him those two will also protect gio/diego. Our midfield suddenly becomes much more dynamic and interchangable. I hope we get him so you guys can finally see what all the fuss is about. Its not easy to lead the league in tackles and passing when you have players like kaka, pirlo, sissoko and cambiasso. This guy does it all, he will be able to allow our players to utilize their strengths. Think about it: momo can concentrate on killing, we all know he does that well. Marchisio will be able to develope on his boxtobox runs, passing, movement, etc. Gio/diego can roam the front lines like snipers looking for that killer pass or mazy run. And IMO very important that is going to take pressue of DP where he has his freedom to do what has captaincy allows him to do. This should be a great season for Ale as he isn't carrying the burden for the entire attack/creativity.

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
With d'ago our formation will come alive and we will become much less predictable than last year. Our general passing and possession should improve greatly, as Alen said we won't be seeing the defense trying to play the long balls as they will have someone right in front who will want to receive the ball. That alone should take pressure off the defense and when you think about it the offense as well because they won't be trying to make something out of an impossible pass from chiellini and our midfield won't look like 3-4 chickens running with their heads cut off.

Our buildups will be so much better and with purpose with two anchors right in front of d'ago to support/protect him those two will also protect gio/diego. Our midfield suddenly becomes much more dynamic and interchangable. I hope we get him so you guys can finally see what all the fuss is about. Its not easy to lead the league in tackles and passing when you have players like kaka, pirlo, sissoko and cambiasso. This guy does it all, he will be able to allow our players to utilize their strengths. Think about it: momo can concentrate on killing, we all know he does that well. Marchisio will be able to develope on his boxtobox runs, passing, movement, etc. Gio/diego can roam the front lines like snipers looking for that killer pass or mazy run. And IMO very important that is going to take pressue of DP where he has his freedom to do what has captaincy allows him to do. This should be a great season for Ale as he isn't carrying the burden for the entire attack/creativity.
This does make sense, i have to agree with you...

Do you believe that his arrival will solve our defensively problems?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
This does make sense, i have to agree with you...

Do you believe that his arrival will solve our defensively problems?
Not entirely, I think it will help. Our midfield is going to be dynamo, or as Cruello likes to put it "USS Enterprise". I think with this midfield the pressure on our defense will be much less. Look for example, how many times last year the defense sent long balls with high hopes and never found their target and immediately our opposition was coming right back down our throats. It was easier for teams to attack us for two reasons: 1.) We didn't play possession ball and our midfield was non existent at times, which made us easy to defend and 2.) Long balls, most of the time it was just giving the ball back to our opponents when you think of how many failed passing from our defense and crossing was just as bad. These two reasons made it difficult for our defense because it was always put under enormous pressure IMO, and was only able to withstand so much.

Besides, before christmas we were doing great defensively, people here are worried about having attacking winbacks. We have enough offensive capabilities to make most teams piss and shit their pants. We just need better defensive oranisation and I think Ciro will give us that. So to answer your question, with Zebina, chiellini, canna and gross with Buffon yes, I think pretty much most of our problems will be solved. D'ago is going to give us a lot. Sure, I'd like new wingbacks but IMO our priority should be d'ago to be the last piece to our midfield puzzle. That will help a lot. Criscito not coming kinda threw a wrentch in my speculations but if grosso comes that will only help. I have a sneaking suspicion zebina will have a great season if he stays fit. Sorry for all the typos, I'm using my blackberry:)

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
Not entirely, I think it will help. Our midfield is going to be dynamo, or as Cruello likes to put it "USS Enterprise". I think with this midfield the pressure on our defense will be much less. Look for example, how many times last year the defense sent long balls with high hopes and never found their target and immediately our opposition was coming right back down our throats. It was easier for teams to attack us for two reasons: 1.) We didn't play possession ball and our midfield was non existent at times, which made us easy to defend and 2.) Long balls, most of the time it was just giving the ball back to our opponents when you think of how many failed passing from our defense and crossing was just as bad. These two reasons made it difficult for our defense because it was always put under enormous pressure IMO, and was only able to withstand so much.

Besides, before christmas we were doing great defensively, people here are worried about having attacking winbacks. We have enough offensive capabilities to make most teams piss and shit their pants. We just need better defensive oranisation and I think Ciro will give us that. So to answer your question, with Zebina, chiellini, canna and gross with Buffon yes, I think pretty much most of our problems will be solved. D'ago is going to give us a lot. Sure, I'd like new wingbacks but IMO our priority should be d'ago to be the last piece to our midfield puzzle. That will help a lot. Criscito not coming kinda threw a wrentch in my speculations but if grosso comes that will only help. I have a sneaking suspicion zebina will have a great season if he stays fit. Sorry for all the typos, I'm using my blackberry:)
I don't like that english football approach which ranieri made, First Juve game i saw they started playing like that, with long balls from defenders (or to say it better clearance) to Trezeguet that time. I think it's more tactics and I do believe that Dago will help :) in midfield. I hope we acquire him, but he doesn't deserve more than 15 mil... so if we can get for that price then hell. Let's rock : D

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
I think Udinese are crazy for wanting 50% of all our youngsters. They need to be more realistic.
I just don't understand are they stupid or what? they accuse Juve for not valuing Dago, and in meantime they value so low the best Italian Youngsters Gio, marchisio and De ceglie....

sin11

Jan 31, 2008
why juve took it forever to sign good player like diego and d agostino? btw they straight sign crap player molinaro , boumsong , cannavaro , tiago ,almiron etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)