• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Showdown25

Dag-nabit!
Apr 17, 2009
I still havent decided who i want more and i dont think i can. I think Melo is less likely to flop and would help our defense a bit better but D'Ago's playmaking skills are really needed in our team and he will come cheaper.
I disagree to some extent. I would prefer Hernanes over both but that's a longshot. I wouldn't mind D'Ago but it seems Udine are asking way too much. Also, he seems to be at the peak of his career. He's 27 which means he'll probably be around for 5 years max. He'll be a starter for 2-3 years probably, injuries aside. He would be a good look for us in front of the defense with Claudio and Momo destroying everything to his left and right. But, after the signing of Diego do we really need another midfield playmaker? At this point he seems like a luxury considering the fullbacks we have. We're supposed to get Grosso for LB which isn't a bad short term measure, but that leaves us with injury prone Zebina and useless Grygera on the other side.

We need to address more important issues and spend money where it is most needed since our budget this year seems to be a bit limited. We are overcrowded with center-mids and defensive mids so signing another is overkill unless we are going to offload one or two.

You don't build a house from the roof down because you need a foundation to support it. We don't have our foundation(defense) to support the rest so why are we worried about buying a new roof?

Lets address our real problems because like Madrid was buying strikers to "fix" their team it seems that we're just buying center-mids to "fix" ours.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Amauri was the roof, Dago is just another a window:lol:
Some ppl think it has a better view and thats the more for them,
than the fact that the whole house is about to collapse on them, due to faulty founding...

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
@ showdown25

I too want to us to fix our defense first but the fact is that the boards top priority is signing a new midfielder so im only trying to decide which midfielder i would prefer.

To answer your question "after the signing of Diego do we really need another midfield playmaker?"

Yes i think we do. We need someone like D'ago who can take the ball from the defense and distribute the ball to our fowards including Diego. I want Diego further up the pitch not running towards our defenders in order to pick up the ball.

Jul 21, 2006
Udinese: 'We're keeping D'Ago' Sunday 5 July, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Udinese patron Giampaolo Pozzo blasted Juventus for the way they approached Gaetano D’Agostino and warned “he’s staying with us.”

The two clubs were in advanced negotiations, but those broke down earlier this week when Juve failed to meet the £14m asking price.

“They mistook me for a push-over, so I’m keeping D’Agostino,” Pozzo told the Messaggero newspaper.

“Juventus thought they could force my hand by using the player’s desire to join them and it makes me sorry because they took the lad for a ride.

“Enough is enough. The pre-season training camp starts soon and he will be there too, focusing again on Udinese.

“It will be difficult for him, but it can also be a great challenge for him to prove how much he’s worth to those who did not want him.”

Juve appear to have turned their attention elsewhere towards Fiorentina’s Felipe Melo – who is also in talks with Arsenal – and Sao Paolo star Hernanes.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
That Pozzo guy is so much angry it's lovely :lol2:

He knows that it was him who was the obstacle in the deal and he's taking out on us.

It's all in this phrase "o prove how much he’s worth to those who did not want him"

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
i actually like the way we are conducting ourselves here, we are showing Udinese that we are not desperate for him, we will not be forced to shell out more than we think he is worth and that if they refuse to budge we have alternatives.
add this to the players desire to play for us than i think we will land him ..............eventually

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
haha conspiracy theory. Lippi secretly runs the club and his using his influence on the national team to aid the transfers of players to juventus.

Jul 21, 2006
i actually like the way we are conducting ourselves here, we are showing Udinese that we are not desperate for him, we will not be forced to shell out more than we think he is worth and that if they refuse to budge we have alternatives.
add this to the players desire to play for us than i think we will land him ..............eventually

:agree: I appreciate Secco's approach even we don't get D'Ago in the end.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
But in the end we might get D'ago still, just not the way Udinese want the deal to conclude. I think most deals go with 2 of the 3 players happy. The receiving club and the player. The selling club I don't think ever totally get what they want (unless Real is paying). At the end of the day the player needs to be happy I think. Udinese risk upsetting/unsettling D'ago by not being more flexible. I wonder if in his mind he is wondering why Udinese are valuing him so highly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)