[FRIENDLY] JUVENTUS 2-1 Lyon (July 24th 2010) (3 Viewers)

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Interesting match.

I didn't regret watching.

Positive: Del Neri, Storari, Motta, Lanzafame, Pepe, Diego

Improved: De Ceglie, Sissoko, Amauri

Potential: Pasquato, Ekdal

Rusty: Chiellini, Del Piero
Martinez should be added to the Improved list. Can you give me some description how Momo, DC, and Amauri improve? Really curious about that.. It should be DC can defend, Momo can pass, and Amauri can score/has pace

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Simple yes or no answer please, was the midfield good or bad?
i've seen 75 mins of the game to be honest, and i thought our mid field was holding really well against lyon. i also like the fact that both our wings where moving and creating chances from both sides. i think sissoko was the usual beast that he is plus the fact he made some great passes and just one poor pass during the 75 mins that i watched.

i agree with the people who said sissoko, amuari and dc improved. lets just hope they keep building on it bec this game does'nt count for anything the real thing is still a month away and thats where every thing counts. non the less the team looks very decent specially when u consider:

1- there are new players
2- the horrific season we had

so all in all it looks pretty promising.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Don't know why the ppl are very happy with that win?

Yes i'm also happy that Juve won,but the performance was not promising at all.We never looked dangerous n if i started watching the match after Cissokho's dissmiss i would never thought that Juve were playin with one more player.

Our players looked like they didn't want to win with no flair at all,Del Neri's system of play was indeed not convincing,the lone STs wheather Amauri in 1st HF or Trez in 2nd HF were completely isolated,and the SS Diego n Del piero were giving the task to run the show with no sufficient support from the wings,adding to that Marchisio's low stamina was really affecting the depth of the team.

The useless Amauri's action after he gain the penalty looked like as if he won the CL for us.

In the 2nd goal btw,Trez was clearly offside.
i think u r being very harsh or u watched this game on a piss poor stream bec what happened last night in the game was sooooooo different from what u just posted!!

the wings where working perfectly. lanza and martinez where always starting our attack runs. del piero was a bit slow at times but he did create the chance that lead to the pk if my memory serves me right.

p.s trez being in an offside position is irrelevant, bec he was not involved in the play set up or the goal scoring.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
A win is a win, great job Juve. But I can't help but think that we only won because they were a man down for more than half the match.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Maybe but we started the game well too, Lyon were on the backfoot even with eleven players.
That's good to hear, I didn't watch the game live I just saw some highlights so I don't know exactly how we played but its good to know that we had them on their toes.

Jul 23, 2010
After last year's atrocious season, every win is a win.
Even in friendly matches, even with the opposition a man down.
The winning mentality has to be regained.
Still early for any conclusions though.
Liked the moves in the second goal.

Can somebody post the line-up and the formation?

May 22, 2007
i've seen 75 mins of the game to be honest, and i thought our mid field was holding really well against lyon. i also like the fact that both our wings where moving and creating chances from both sides. i think sissoko was the usual beast that he is plus the fact he made some great passes and just one poor pass during the 75 mins that i watched.

i agree with the people who said sissoko, amuari and dc improved. lets just hope they keep building on it bec this game does'nt count for anything the real thing is still a month away and thats where every thing counts. non the less the team looks very decent specially when u consider:

1- there are new players
2- the horrific season we had

so all in all it looks pretty promising.
Much thanks for the review :tup: Hope Sissoko can sort out his passing issues.

Mar 24, 2006
:D
I missed the game but i enjoyed reading all of the great post here ,
damn you guys must had a great time during the match ,
could someone give me a link to Storari's magnificent save or Pasquato's failed pass ala Diego ? :p
Thanks in advance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)