Fragile Zebina Refuses to play (1 Viewer)

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #81
    Zebina: “Desperate to play”

“I’m still only about 80% physically. There are certain physical movements I need to get used to again but I’m hoping to be back soon. It’s unfortunate, but these things can happen in the career of a football player. I wish it wasn’t the case as I’m desperate to play, but I’m doing all I can to get back to full fitness”. Jonathan Zebina is working hard to regain peak physical condition after a troubled year and half in and out of the treatment room.

His battle with injury has not been easy and his ongoing problems came under scrutiny during the Bianconeri’s away trip to Napoli earlier last month. Having warmed up as a substitute during the first half of the 1-1 draw, the defender later decided against coming on after Nicola Legrottaglie was forced to withdraw from the field with a shoulder injury.

Jonathan took the opportunity presented by this afternoon’s press conference to explain his actions. “I’d been training all week in the run up to the game but on the Friday and Saturday beforehand we carried out warm down sessions in training and I started to feel the pain again. On Sunday morning the boss asked me if I was able to make the trip and, given that we had eight players out and the team was in difficulty, I said yes. That was my mistake, I should have said no then. During the game itself, I started warming up in the first half when Nicola first got injured but the pain was still there. When Nicola was later stretchered off the Prof [fitness trainer Pintus] asked me if I was alright to come on but after a year and an half out injured, and with the situation out there on the pitch, I knew I couldn’t. After such a long time without playing, I didn’t feel it was worth risking it, for the good of the club as well as my own. What use is an injured Zebina after all? My original decision came from a desire to help out the club in a difficult moment and I’m just sorry it finished the way it did”.

Jonathan then commented on the five game ban handed to Pavel Nedved following his red card in Genoa. “You would normally expect a five game ban for fighting, or spitting, or insulting the ref. Pavel’s tackle didn’t seem all that bad so I think five games is rather excessive. It’s a real shame as he’s in great form and we all know how important he is to the team”. Luckily for Juventus, there are a host of young players ready to step into the breach. “The young guys have shown great quality, I truly believe that all of them have what it takes to play at the highest level. This team isn’t just about eleven starting players, the group is more important than ever this year and so far everyone’s answered the call when needed. We definitely have the technical ability to make the difference week in, week out”.

Buy on AliExpress.com
    May 25, 2006
    “I’m still only about 80% physically. There are certain physical movements I need to get used to again but I’m hoping to be back soon. It’s unfortunate, but these things can happen in the career of a football player. I wish it wasn’t the case as I’m desperate to play, but I’m doing all I can to get back to full fitness”. Jonathan Zebina is working hard to regain peak physical condition after a troubled year and half in and out of the treatment room. His battle with injury has not been easy and his ongoing problems came under scrutiny during the Bianconeri’s away trip to Napoli earlier last month. Having warmed up as a substitute during the first half of the 1-1 draw, the defender later decided against coming on after Nicola Legrottaglie was forced to withdraw from the field with a shoulder injury. Jonathan took the opportunity presented by this afternoon’s press conference to explain his actions. “I’d been training all week in the run up to the game but on the Friday and Saturday beforehand we carried out warm down sessions in training and I started to feel the pain again. On Sunday morning the boss asked me if I was able to make the trip and, given that we had eight players out and the team was in difficulty, I said yes. That was my mistake, I should have said no then. During the game itself, I started warming up in the first half when Nicola first got injured but the pain was still there. When Nicola was later stretchered off the Prof [fitness trainer Pintus] asked me if I was alright to come on but after a year and an half out injured, and with the situation out there on the pitch, I knew I couldn’t. After such a long time without playing, I didn’t feel it was worth risking it, for the good of the club as well as my own. What use is an injured Zebina after all? My original decision came from a desire to help out the club in a difficult moment and I’m just sorry it finished the way it did”.
    Jonathan then commented on the five game ban handed to Pavel Nedved following his red card in Genoa. “You would normally expect a five game ban for fighting, or spitting, or insulting the ref. Pavel’s tackle didn’t seem all that bad so I think five games is rather excessive. It’s a real shame as he’s in great form and we all know how important he is to the team”. Luckily for Juventus, there are a host of young players ready to step into the breach. “The young guys have shown great quality, I truly believe that all of them have what it takes to play at the highest level. This team isn’t just about eleven starting players, the group is more important than ever this year and so far everyone’s answered the call when needed. We definitely have the technical ability to make the difference week in, week out”. :stress:

alex74

Oct 1, 2006
    Zebina in quit threat

Defender Jonathan Zebina has said he will leave Juventus if the team's supporters continue to whistle him.

The French player is suspected by supporters of possessing a poor attitude.

"I do my best," Zebina said. "I arrive at the training ground first and I leave last.

"I would like to play, but this situation doesn't allow me to," he added in reference to the physical problems that are inhibiting his performances.

"People pay for their tickets and can have their say, but I won't tolerate the situation for a long time.

"Should it continue, I will look to go elsewhere."

:p

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    alex74 said:
    Zebina in quit threat

Defender Jonathan Zebina has said he will leave Juventus if the team's supporters continue to whistle him.

"I do my best," Zebina said. "I arrive at the training ground first and I leave last.

"I would like to play, but this situation doesn't allow me to," he added in reference to the physical problems that are inhibiting his performances.

"People pay for their tickets and can have their say, but I won't tolerate the situation for a long time.

:lol: :disagree: :tdown:

Who is stopping you, Zebina?

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    Zebina: “Desperate to play”

“I’m still only about 80% physically. There are certain physical movements I need to get used to again but I’m hoping to be back soon. It’s unfortunate, but these things can happen in the career of a football player. I wish it wasn’t the case as I’m desperate to play, but I’m doing all I can to get back to full fitness”. Jonathan Zebina is working hard to regain peak physical condition after a troubled year and half in and out of the treatment room.

His battle with injury has not been easy and his ongoing problems came under scrutiny during the Bianconeri’s away trip to Napoli earlier last month. Having warmed up as a substitute during the first half of the 1-1 draw, the defender later decided against coming on after Nicola Legrottaglie was forced to withdraw from the field with a shoulder injury.

Jonathan took the opportunity presented by this afternoon’s press conference to explain his actions. “I’d been training all week in the run up to the game but on the Friday and Saturday beforehand we carried out warm down sessions in training and I started to feel the pain again. On Sunday morning the boss asked me if I was able to make the trip and, given that we had eight players out and the team was in difficulty, I said yes. That was my mistake, I should have said no then. During the game itself, I started warming up in the first half when Nicola first got injured but the pain was still there. When Nicola was later stretchered off the Prof [fitness trainer Pintus] asked me if I was alright to come on but after a year and an half out injured, and with the situation out there on the pitch, I knew I couldn’t. After such a long time without playing, I didn’t feel it was worth risking it, for the good of the club as well as my own. What use is an injured Zebina after all? My original decision came from a desire to help out the club in a difficult moment and I’m just sorry it finished the way it did”.

Jonathan then commented on the five game ban handed to Pavel Nedved following his red card in Genoa. “You would normally expect a five game ban for fighting, or spitting, or insulting the ref. Pavel’s tackle didn’t seem all that bad so I think five games is rather excessive. It’s a real shame as he’s in great form and we all know how important he is to the team”. Luckily for Juventus, there are a host of young players ready to step into the breach. “The young guys have shown great quality, I truly believe that all of them have what it takes to play at the highest level. This team isn’t just about eleven starting players, the group is more important than ever this year and so far everyone’s answered the call when needed. We definitely have the technical ability to make the difference week in, week out”.

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
    youre a piece of shit Zebina and i dont like you nearly as much as i dont like inter ,you are a shame for the bianconeri shirt and i hope you leave juventus soon!

Falafel

Shawarma
    Jul 23, 2006
    december 1, 2006
    When will they come back??

Tudor: 2 weeks
    Zanetti: 10 days
    Giannichedda: 35 days
    Del Piero: 1 week
    Piccolo: 1 week
    Trezeguet: 2 weeks
    Legrottaglie: 2 months
    Marchionni: 1 week
    Zalayeta: 1 week

Gazzetta

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    ADiGATi0N said:
    Wont Del Piero be ready for the Verona match?????
    He won´t be 100% ready.

Zalayeta will be ready for this match, Guzman too, I think.

Nedved, Balzaretti and Birindelli are suspended.

alex74

Oct 1, 2006
    december 1, 2006
    When will they come back??

Tudor: 2 weeks
    Zanetti: 10 days
    Giannichedda: 35 days
    Del Piero: 1 week
    Piccolo: 1 week
    Trezeguet: 2 weeks
    Legrottaglie: 2 months
    Marchionni: 1 week
    Zalayeta: 1 week

Gazzetta

Nedved, Balzaretti and Birindelli are suspended
    :disagree:

we're getting screwed here:faq2:

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
    Aug 25, 2006
    alex74 said:
    Zebina in quit threat

Sell him in the January jumble sales!:p

Dom88

Nov 21, 2005
    alex74 said:
    Zebina in quit threat

Say it ain't so!:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)