Fragile Zebina Refuses to play (1 Viewer)

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
Zebina was, statistically, our best defender in the 2004/2005 season.

Amazing as it sounds, he had the fewest goals conceded/per time on pitch (during the games Juve conceded).

Fewer even than Cannavaro or Thuram.

Zebina 173 mins
Canna 139 mins
Thuram 128 mins

Can anyone tell me when this guy went off the rails, or has he always been a sandwich short of a pinic hamper? And who or what may have caused this to happen as the club may lose financially on this matter?

Buy on AliExpress.com

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Interesting and starteling statistics...

He never really looked like a reliable defender from his Roma days but I gotta admit, he has played much better with Juventus.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Zebina: We're Juve's Hostages

The Frenchman had some harsh statements about the club: "I stayed, because like others I had no choice."

Compared to Nedved's comments after he was suspended for five matches after the game in Genoa, Zebina is even more furious as he made a series of scathing comments on the new and old management at Juventus for forcing him to play in Serie B. The first shot was at Moggi & company: "I can only be angry at the old management, because they betrayed us and now we are paying for their mistakes". Second shot: "I don't like to play in Serie B. Why did I stay? The truth is that we did not have a choice. It's not easy for us and there are a lot of players that wanted to leave". Third shot: "I don't have anything against Moggi personally. And right now there are other managers. Also, I'm reading all the time that president Cobolli Gigli is saying: Zebina is not that important for us. It's not nice."

Fourth shot: "People have been talking badly about me after what happened in Naples, but I dídn't deserve that. It's not true that I refused to play: I'd had some muscular problems during the week and during the warm up I noticed they were surfacing again, so I asked Deschamps not to risk me. But then this story was made up that I refused to play and it wasn't true, and the club didn't handle this situation well and didn't defend me." Fifth shot: "The scudetto given to Inter? They made a mistake accepting it, they didn't win it on the pitch, they shouldn't have taken it. For us it's a wound that hurts, because we knew we were the best team and to have won deservedly for two consecutive years. You can discuss about it, but it's the truth."

Goal.com

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I don't see him saying anything strange actually.
"Zebina: We're Juve's Hostages" He doesn't say this. Sensationalised and misleading headline.

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
maybe he is but one thing is sure we need a better rb and some better defenders then when we have them, we can finally say: Zebina You're the weakest link! Goodbye!

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Zebina: We're Juve's Hostages

The Frenchman had some harsh statements about the club: "I stayed, because like others I had no choice."
Compared to Nedved's comments after he was suspended for five matches after the game in Genoa, Zebina is even more furious as he made a series of scathing comments on the new and old management at Juventus for forcing him to play in Serie B. The first shot was at Moggi & company: "I can only be angry at the old management, because they betrayed us and now we are paying for their mistakes". Second shot: "I don't like to play in Serie B. Why did I stay? The truth is that we did not have a choice. It's not easy for us and there are a lot of players that wanted to leave". Third shot: "I don't have anything against Moggi personally. And right now there are other managers. Also, I'm reading all the time that president Cobolli Gigli is saying: Zebina is not that important for us. It's not nice."
Fourth shot: "People have been talking badly about me after what happened in Naples, but I dídn't deserve that. It's not true that I refused to play: I'd had some muscular problems during the week and during the warm up I noticed they were surfacing again, so I asked Deschamps not to risk me. But then this story was made up that I refused to play and it wasn't true, and the club didn't handle this situation well and didn't defend me." Fifth shot: "The scudetto given to Inter? They made a mistake accepting it, they didn't win it on the pitch, they shouldn't have taken it. For us it's a wound that hurts, because we knew we were the best team and to have won deservedly for two consecutive years. You can discuss about it, but it's the truth."
source :goal.com

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Dominic said:
Yeah that was posted a few posts above yours.

:D I don´t get why people post it double or triple on same page, I mean, I get it if it was on other page, but on the same...:wallbang: :D :smoke:

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
mark83 said:
:D I don´t get why people post it double or triple on same page, I mean, I get it if it was on other page, but on the same...:wallbang: :D :smoke:
the point is that i think sometimes a delay in the posts, coz when i checked the page, i didnt see ur post man!!! otherwise why should i copy u?!!! :smoke:

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Zebina is at it again.

He is definitely gone over this summer.

BTW, relating to Zebina's statistic - there are two caveats.

(1) Zebina's backup Chiellini and Balzaretti didnt have as good as year did, and somewhat leaky defensively. Since when goal is conceded it goes against everyone, Canna and other's stat get skewed as well.

(2) Which I believe is more important effect is that: Zebina simply played large proportion of his matches against inferior competition. He missed large part of early season openers due to injury and contract dispute. The schedule during that time was probably more difficult than the rest of year.

It is difficult to take in all statistical measures without thinking about caveats. Zebina is a trash as far as I am concerned.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Juve-Prince said:
either there is a problem in the forum's clock or its my pc!!!:agree:
Anyway I offer u my aplogy :D plz forgive me :smoke:
The offer has been rejected because it´s not good enough...:D :p :smoke:

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #140
    Zebina eyes promotion

Juventus defender Jonathan Zebina tells eurosport.com that he is sure they will win immediate promotion to Serie A this season.

"I'm certain that Juventus will get back into Serie A this season," Zebina told eurosport.com.

Zebina is currently injured :pumpkin: :confused2 but remains positive that he will have a role to play for the first-team this term.

"Playing so rarely has been difficult but the key is to stay focused and not to lose hope," he said. "Staying focused on the treatment and taking care of my fitness is key."

"Nobody can imagine what it's like being out for so long with injury after injury
    ."

Zebina spoke of his happiness at being with Juventus, in Turin, playing with fellow Frenchman Jean-Alain Boumsong and working under French coach Didier Deschamps.

"Even before this Juventus were very French-friendly with players like Patrick Vieira and Lilian Thuram," he continued.

"Although this is a very Italian club it has a distinct French character, just like the city of Turin itself."

He also took time to praise former Juventus captain Fabio Cannavaro, now at Real Madrid, who raised eyebrows when he won the Ballon d'Or for his World Cup winning antics with Italy.

"Fabio deserved to win the Ballon d'Or, thanks to his performances over the last two seasons," he declared. "He also had the chance to lead a truly great generation of players as the captain of the Italian national team."

Eurosport

-----------------------------------------

What exactly was he working under Deschamps??:eyebrows:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)