[FRA] Ligue 1 2008/2009 (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
i saw some good players in monaco tonight can't remember names but.... the RB was good and there was a tricky LW too but the RB caught my attention more... the whole team looked good and great first pass play...
The Lw you're talking about is Johan Mollo, nice little player, this is his first season as a pro footballer, was promoted this summer from the reserves. He's always impressed me whenever i've seen him play. Fast player, good dribbler and i like his link up play with Pino(scorer of the second goal) and Park.

the boumsong trail of destruction continues then?
:agree:

I wish I had that. Over here ESPN & Star only show The Premiership, and some other channels The Champions League... FML.
Why don't you get it?

Buy on AliExpress.com

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
That Gerets really is a great coach, went to PSV, mad ethem champion, went to Galatasaray, made them champs, went to Marseille when they were in the relegation zone, ended second or third last season and now they are topping the table, very impressive.

I really hope they can keep this up.

Geof

May 14, 2004
That Gerets really is a great coach, went to PSV, mad ethem champion, went to Galatasaray, made them champs, went to Marseille when they were in the relegation zone, ended second or third last season and now they are topping the table, very impressive.

I really hope they can keep this up.

He's number 1 choice to coach the belgian NT, but it's very unlikely he'll take the job.

Could he be a candidate for our beloved Old Lady?

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006

He's number 1 choice to coach the belgian NT, but it's very unlikely he'll take the job.

Could he be a candidate for our beloved Old Lady?
If he refuses Belgium, I think he would be able to succeed at Juve, for sure, but I don't think they are looking for a replacement for Ranieri so that is only wishfull thinking.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Over here ESPN & Star only show The Premiership, and some other channels The Champions League, that's about it. :sad:
What i meant to say was, why don't you get Al Jazeera Sport?

How is V for Valbuena doing?
Hot and cold, he had a slow start to the season but he's been doing well ever since the return from Winter break. Last season was his season though, i dont think he'll be able to emulate that form again.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Reminding those interested that its the big game tonight, Lyon-Bordeaux.

Not sure if I will watch all of it, crashes with the Milan game, will for sure try.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Did you watch the game Osman?

Decent enough game, Lyon were pegged back into their own half for most of the game. Toulalan, Juninho and Makou were played off the park by the brilliant Diarra and Fernando. Goufran(as always) gave them a horrid time on the right and Bordeaux thoroughly deserved to win the game. Lyon in big big trouble.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I watched around 35 minutes of the second half, after the Milan game ended/was ending (and 20 minutes when was half time on Milan). Wasnt so entertaining, but decent game. Yeah, dominating midfield was easy to see. Didnt like Juninho's tackle on Gourcuff.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Big game today between Lille and Marseille. A L'OM victory will make things very interesting as they will make them ahead of Lyon with 6 points with just 5 games to go.

This is Lyon's fixture list

Valenciennes (A)
Nantes (H)
Marseille (A)
Caen (H)
Toulouse (A)

Marseille fixture list:

Lille (A)
Toulouse
Nice (A)
Lyon (H)
Nancy (A)
Rennes (H)

Bordeaux fixture list:

Rennes (A)
Sochaux
Valenciennes (A)
Le Mans
Monaco
Caen (A)

PSG fixture list

Rennes (H)
Le Mans (A)
Auxerre (H)
Valenciennes (A)
Monaco (H)

Current League Table:

Games Points
Marseille 32 64
Bordeaux 32 62
Olympique Lyonnais 33 61
Paris Saint-Germain 33 60

--------------------------------
Obviously Lyon have the toughest fixture list. Toulouse and Marseille away, are two games they're definitely slipping up in, especially with their current form. The latter game could prove crucial in this seasons race. This is the most exciting Ligue season for a while, all 4 teams can win it.

Today's game beteen Marseille and Lille will also be decisive, Lille are a tough team at home, and i fully expect them to beat Marseille today and open things up.

For me PSG have the easiest fixture list, but they are also the most inconsistent out of the top 4, they'll probably lose some easy points. I don't see them winning the league.

L'Om have a game against Lyon at the Velodrome which could prove decisive, they win that and they'll probably win the league, they have become very consistent in the turn of the year, they're yet to lose in 2009. I do expect Lille to beat them today, but they'll probably bounce back.

Bordeaux will win it if you ask me, they have a very strong side and with Chamakh, Wendel and especially Gourcuff delivering the goods this year i personally believe they're the best team in the Ligue and will deservedly be crowned champions come the end of the season.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
@ fred: do u watch the games on art bro? i dont know i see highlights and they seem like really good games. do they play on sat and sunday like england and itlay or they have a system of there own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)