[FRA] Ligue 1 2008/2009 (30 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I expect Bordeaux to become more active in the 2nd.
I was expecting the same thing. But they were extremely disappointing in the second half. L'OM dominated the game in every possible way. If it weren't for bad luck and Ulrich Rame L'OM would have been ahead by 2-3 goals. Gourcuff was marked out of this game, so Chamakh and Cavenaghi were starved from service.

Credit to L'OM for winning the midfield battle against a very compact Bordeaux midfield. Ziani, M'bami and Cheyrou all did their jobs very well.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Ligue 1 has a recent history of exporting good full backs recently, such as Evra, Maicon, Sagna, Abidal and Lichtsteiner.

Any current left or right backs worth checking out, Fred?
Exactly, the other leagues fuckin dried the Ligue up :mad:

No but seriously. There are still plenty of good fullbacks in the Ligue. I personally like Mahamdou Dabo of St Etienne. He's a hardworking rightback, with bags of stamina and electric pace. Very good defender, and he helps out in attack as well. His only drawback is, that he can't cross to save his life. Unfortunately he's being played out of position this season. St Etienne are playing him on the left, he's rather solid there, but still isn't as comfortable as he is on the right.

Taiwo today played a good game for L'OM, he's a strong fullback thats very good going forward. His defending can be suspect at times, and his positioning erratic, he makes up for it in the Ligue with his recovery pace, but he'd be punished more in a stronger league. Still he's a decent prospect and is good enough to be playing in one of the big leagues.

Rod Fanni is another fullback who's got a good chance of being successful outside the Ligue. Another pacy fullback, who's hard to beat and is a threat going forward.

Ceara (PSG), Bonnart (L'OM), Chalme (Lille) and Clerc (Lyon) are other decent fullbacks who are worth a look.

None of those are close to Sagna, Evra, Abidal and co though. Nonetheless i consider Fanni and Dabo to be the best fullback prospects in the league.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Poor showing by Bordeaux today. This is not the way to win the Ligue. Drawing against Grenoble at home is a setback for them. But today showed how average they are without Gourcuff.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Nice match between PSG and Saint Etienne. Juve target Sakho is having a very good game. He's keeping Ilan and Gomis rather quiet and forcing them both deep. Sessegnon again PSG's best player, what a fantastic player he is, very enjoyable watching him play.

Geof

May 14, 2004
My home-boy Eden Hazard did great in the League Cup game v Lyon with a goal and an assist. He's only 18!!

Check out his goal:
Nedved replacement? :D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Love this kid, one of the best upcoming players in the Ligue. I like him better as a floating second striker though, Garcia has played him there a few times and he thrives. His position in the long term is more likely to be a winger but for the meantime he's a bit too lightweight for midfield.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Another great game by Hazard today Geoff, against Lyon again. Didn't watch the first half, but he was on fire in the second. The Ligue's own Cristiano Ronaldo, he's got a bag full of tricks that kid.

For those interested in Bastos, he scored another goal today, a glorious chip over Lyon's keeper Vercoutre. That takes his tally to 10 league goals, impressive for a winger. Played a very good game too today, worked hard, tracked back and was always a nuisance going forward.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
They're an entertaining team mate, play fast counter attacking football, i personally love watching them. Hazard, Obraniak, Bastos and Cabaye are all skilful players that are quite good on the counter. I recommend you give them a go one time, they won't disappoint you believe me. :)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Refreshing to see a team other than Lyon on top for a change. But Lyon have a relatively easy game today against Sochaux. So L'OM should enjoy it while it lasts.

Lyon aren't as strong as they used to be though so everything is possible. Especially because Bordeaux who imo have a better chance and are more consistent than Marseille, is behind Lyon with 3 points only.(provided Lyon win today)

For your information both Bordeaux and Marseille are yet to host Lyon this season. So watch out for the big games, they're going to be the decider this year.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
It ended in a 2-2 draw. What a game, very exciting from start to end. Lyon's defense is a joke, that second goal came immediately after Lyons equalizer.

Lyon still have to play in the Stade Chaban Delmas and the Velodrome. There is a very big possibility they wont win the league this season.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
i saw some good players in monaco tonight can't remember names but.... the RB was good and there was a tricky LW too but the RB caught my attention more... the whole team looked good and great first pass play...

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
It ended in a 2-2 draw. What a game, very exciting from start to end. Lyon's defense is a joke, that second goal came immediately after Lyons equalizer.

Lyon still have to play in the Stade Chaban Delmas and the Velodrome. There is a very big possibility they wont win the league this season.
the boumsong trail of destruction continues then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)