[FRA] Ligue 1 2008/2009 (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I think 15m is too much at this moment, but i feel that if we buy him now, 15m will seem like peanuts in some time.
I do think that he has a bright future. I watched him many times for Milan (well, not too many because he didn't get a proper chance, but whenever he played i watched him) and it was visable that some other things, not lack of quality, prevented him from becoming a starter. I don't watch him in Bordaux, apart from highlights, but i do know that he's been fantastic for them. I did watch him for France, though, and he was particularly impressive against Serbia.
Quality player. Very good vision, good technique, and he's a strong guy. Even though his first attempt failed, i do think that he's perfect for serie A.

I doubt we can buy him though. We're out of the game the moment another team will be willing to pay the 15m.
Our only chance is to be the only team interested in him and ready to pay the buy-out clause.
:agree: couldnt agree more.

you should check out Lorient's goal against Lyon, now that was a peach.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
St Etienne holding Lyon to a 1-1 draw till now, not much of a spectacle but decent enough match. Lyon are down to 10 men after Piquionne was sent off. what an average player he is, i wonder what Lyon saw in him when they signed him.

Edit:Referee denied St Etienne a penalty, St Etienne are mounting the pressure on Lyon. Heres hoping they can do it.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
St Etienne holding Lyon to a 1-1 draw till now, not much of a spectacle but decent enough match. Lyon are down to 10 men after Piquionne was sent off. what an average player he is, i wonder what Lyon saw in him when they signed him.

Edit:Referee denied St Etienne a penalty, St Etienne are mounting the pressure on Lyon. Heres hoping they can do it.
Did Pjanic played?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Nope, but he was on the bench. Wasting his talent, he moved too early to Lyon if you ask me, i'm hoping he goes to Bordeux or Marseille by next summer.

About the match, Benzema was again average today, he is not having a good season by his high standards, he looks more and more disinterested by the game, probably fed up of staying at Lyon, looks much more likely that he's leaving this summer.

Matuidi was brilliant today, i wouldn't mind this guy at Arsenal at all, what a midfielder, he gave Lyon's midfielders zero time on the ball and is such a good tackler.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Yup, even easier than Bayern's game against Sporting. Lyon have turned into an ordinary team, nothing special about them anymore. The end of a cycle i guess.

But your boys St Etienne were beasts today Jack, they really were.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Yup, even easier than Bayern's game against Sporting. Lyon have turned into an ordinary team, nothing special about them anymore. The end of a cycle i guess.

But your boys St Etienne were beasts today Jack, they really were.
I'm sad I missed the game, I was busy fixing stuff at home then I tuned to Milan without seeing that it was being aired on another channel.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Hoarau just threw his shirt to the ground, after Blanc substituted him in today's game. Does that mean he'll be available in the summer? :drool:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
What a brilliant game between Lille and Sochaux today. Sochaux went ahead with two goals in the first half, and the game looked done and dusted. But then a red card to Sochaux's Omar Daf, got the game back in track. Lille clawed their way back into it, and won it 3-2.

I have to say, i am very very impressed by Eden Hazard. He's finally getting the chances he deserves this season and he rose to the occasion. Plays with both feet, skillful player, rather fast and a good dribbler. Just 18 years old, but he's taking the Ligue by storm.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Big game today between Bordeaux and Marseille. Extremely decisive. If Bordeaux win, they'll be one point away from Lyon. Lyon are yet to play Bordeaux, Lille and Marseille away. So a Bordeaux victory will prove vital today.

It is extremely possible, as Marseille have been off form of late. While Bordeaux are doing very well. Fingers crossed Cavenaghi and Gourcuff will do it today :xfinger:

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
What channel do you watch these games Fred? Fox Sports World had some in the past and decided not show them anymore. Now I only have 1 game per week plus a Coupe de la Ligue game once in a while.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
A lot of arab channels broadcast Ligue games. Libya Sport, Saudi Sport, Kuwait Sport and TV5(Asia). But i watch it on Al Jazeera Sport, which is probably the only channel you might be able to get access to.

I recommended before to you, that you subscribe to Al Jazeera, as starting from next year, they will have the Argentine, Dutch, French, Italian, spanish and Champions League. All over the world, a subscription to Al Jazeera costs 30 US dollars, its probably the same in Canada.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Fantastic first half between L'OM and Bordeaux. Bordeaux look like the better team till now, they're more of a threat going forward.

Gourcuff is invisible, Gerets has him double marked everytime he gets the ball. But Marouane Chamakh and Jussie are working wonders.

Cavenaghi isn't doing too bad himself, i'm convinced that Cavenaghi should be in a top league, he's sych a complete striker. Best Striker in the Ligue after Benzema no questions asked

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Fantastic first half between L'OM and Bordeaux. Bordeaux look like the better team till now, they're more of a threat going forward.

Gourcuff is invisible, Gerets has him double marked everytime he gets the ball. But Marouane Chamakh and Jussie are working wonders.

Cavenaghi isn't doing too bad himself, i'm convinced that Cavenaghi should be in a top league, he's sych a complete striker. Best Striker in the Ligue after Benzema no questions asked
I expect Bordeaux to become more active in the 2nd.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Ligue 1 has a recent history of exporting good full backs recently, such as Evra, Maicon, Sagna, Abidal and Lichtsteiner.

Any current left or right backs worth checking out, Fred?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)