[FRA] Ligue 1 2008/2009 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geof

May 14, 2004
Mirallas is a very talented player..Puel really is a fantastic manager for unearthing talents like Mirallas, Makoun, Keita and Bodmer. Mirallas is a very good player with decent pace and skill to match it..he could improve his finishing, but imo he plays best with a partner, but Lille play him as a lone striker
yeah, but Puel and Mirallas clashed alot in recent times, I guess Kevin was fed up of being alone upfront. Anyway, he didn't hide his joy of seeing Puel go away.

What a goal he scored v. Toulouse... http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=FHtBsp5c3hw&NR=1

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Hi guys. In middle school the people there laughed at me and called me doodoo head. Is this normal? I feel like crying now. I cry all time cuz of my childhood. Can u guys help me?
Didn't I warn you to stay in your locker!? :disagree:

You leave me no choice now but to set fire to your bicycle :faq2: and take liberties with your sister. :analcanon:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Landreau is a liability, he's a horrible keeper who's overrated because of a good season at Nantes(in which admittedly he was fantastic), but he's a one season wonder thats all.
I still cannot believe that cunt Domenech didn't play Frey at EURO 2008. He is the French answer to Gigi Buffon and although not in the same class with him, he would still be a better option than Coupet who is not a bad goalkeeper by the way but I just think Frey is a step above.

Either Marseille or St Etienne. Hopefully St Etienne, so that Feindouno can be played in the hole instead of on the right, where he's completely wasted
That guy is still playing? I still remember how he stole that title right infront of Marseille's noses with Bordeaux back in 1999 with a great strike. It's a big shame as I fancy Marseille the most in France. It almost felt like when Juve lost the Scudetto in Perugia in 2000. :frown:

Btw great capture Marseille got in Ben Arfa. I'm susprised they actually managed to sign him, isn't there still a huge financial difference between the 2 of clubs? And with their rivalry it is really surprising they sold him to Marseille. Can somebody post the amount of that transfer? I am shocked Marseille can afford him, I alwayws thought Ben Arfa will be sold for amount of at least 25 mil. EURO.

Nah he's still staying..i've always been a fan of Toulalan's..he has grown a lot with Lyon..and he's still improving.
Probably the most decent and standout player of that pathetic French showing at EURO 2008.

Geof

May 14, 2004
rightfully so i must add..he first choice in your national team yet?
So far yes. He's paired up with Moussa Dembélé up front, another big talent (plays for AZ). But none or them are real goal poachers, so it's not really ideal. Mémé Tchité is now naturalized and should play as the real strike with either Kevin or Moussa next to him.

Anyway, Kevin should be one of the better players of the Belgian team at the Olympics. We have a pretty good team, I hope they can step up.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I still cannot believe that cunt Domenech didn't play Frey at EURO 2008. He is the French answer to Gigi Buffon and although not in the same class with him, he would still be a better option than Coupet who is not a bad goalkeeper by the way but I just think Frey is a step above.
Very true.. Coupet is a decent keeper, but Frey really proved this season that he's one of the best shot-stoppers in the world.

That guy is still playing? I still remember how he stole that title right infront of Marseille's noses with Bordeaux back in 1999 with a great strike. It's a big shame as I fancy Marseille the most in France. It almost felt like when Juve lost the Scudetto in Perugia in 2000. :frown:

Btw great capture Marseille got in Ben Arfa. I'm susprised they actually managed to sign him, isn't there still a huge financial difference between the 2 of clubs? And with their rivalry it is really surprising they sold him to Marseille. Can somebody post the amount of that transfer? I am shocked Marseille can afford him, I alwayws thought Ben Arfa will be sold for amount of at least 25 mil. EURO.
Feindouno has been one of Saint Etiennes best players in recent years. Still only 28 iirc.

About Ben Arfa, its still not finalized his deal with L'OM...and while there is a big difference in Finances between L'OM and L'OL, the former's financial power still isnt to be taken lightly..they are still capable of paying wages for players like Cisse and now Ben Arfa.

And the main reason why Ben Arfa is going out cheap is because he spent most of the second part of the season on the bench.

Probably the most decent and standout player of that pathetic French showing at EURO 2008.
Definitely.

So far yes. He's paired up with Moussa Dembélé up front, another big talent (plays for AZ). But none or them are real goal poachers, so it's not really ideal. Mémé Tchité is now naturalized and should play as the real strike with either Kevin or Moussa next to him.

Anyway, Kevin should be one of the better players of the Belgian team at the Olympics. We have a pretty good team, I hope they can step up.
Tchite isnt a better finisher than Mirallas though from what i've seen of him.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Miralem Pjanic moves to Lyon..

One of the top talents in the Ligue, just 17 years old and already a talented and mature player..very good on the ball, high technical ability and the ability to thread that final killer pass.

Taiwo and Grosso learnt all that the hard way this season..top transfer for Lyon, they keep snatching the top talent in the Ligue.

Geof

May 14, 2004
Aulas again acting all bitchy on the transfer front.

Now, he's saying that the transfer of Ben Arfa to Marseille could not be finalised, and that Ben Arfa is asked to come to training on monday. Apparently, he's pressuring Marseille to throw in a couple more millions, because the negociation agreement stipulates that the transfer must be agreed on before June 30. Pape Diouf is responded angrily, and now the press are speculating on an offer by PSG...

And it seems Atletico have withdrawn their bid for Coupet.

Damn, Aulas must be one of the most annoying guys in football world to deal with for transfers.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Gyan moves to Rennes
http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=771489

Seems like they're going to sell Briand now...most likely to either Saint Etienne or PSG. Briand has boycotted training already because Rennes refused to let him move to PSG, now that Rennes bought themselves a more than worthy replacement for Briand i think he will be finally allowed a move to the Capital.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
top 5 transfers in Ligue.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=782231

I'd definitely put Goufran to Borfeaux in there though, he is such a talented player, and i dont know why he is extremely underrated, skillful winger who ran circles around every fullback in the Ligue.

Makoun to Lyon too was at least more deserving than Quaddou to Nancy.
The first transfer is Abdeslam Ouaddou. WTF??????? He played in Olympiakos some years before which is the team i support in Greece. He was crap. One of the worst defenders i have ever seen. He was slow when the ball was played down and he made an lot of mistakes when the ball was played in the air. He left the team in the middle of the year because a witch of his country told him that he had been cursed. True story dudes i was laughing for 10 minutes when i red it.

:D :D :D

In France i like Marseille. I Don't know the defenders they signed but i know the 2 attackers Bakari Kone and Ben arfa. I d' like to see ben arfa in juve. Its a pity that Cisse has left. They would have a very good attack...

Why are they trying to sell Givet?? He and Rodrigez are the most expirienced defenders they have. They were part of the Monaco that reached the C.L. final and they have both played in the national team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)