[FRA] Ligue 1 2008/2009 (24 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Brilliant game of Football between Lyon and Lorient today. Lorient in particular playing sexy football as always. Their goal was just a joy to behold, capping a fantastic team move with a delightful backheel. Obertan had a decent debut for Lorient, this kid is going to be a brilliant coup for Lorient.

Lyon had a hard time trying to unlock Lorient's defense. Benzema was kept in check, and Keita and Fred completely neutralized.

Things are more interesting now, as Marseille managed to win away to Auxerre, if Bordeaux beat PSG tommorrow, they will be within one point of Lyon.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Yup, yesterday also showed how ineffective Lyon are with Juninho out of the team. They looked clueless on the pitch yesterday. I'm interested to see how they fare without him in the coming years.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
How are my friends Saint Etienne doing?
Unfortunately not so well. They've been hurt very much by the sale of 2 key players, one being their best player in recent years Pascal Feindouno and the other their leftback Herita Ilunga. They had a terrible start to the season, where they lingered dangerously in the relegation zone. They sacked their coach Laurent Roussey, and got themselves a new manager, Alain Perrin. He's done well to revive their season, even beating Bordeaux away. But still they're not the same team without Feindouno, and it looks like their best players will be leaving by next summer.

Gomis, Mamadou Dabo, Blaise Matuidi and Dmitri Payet all have been strongly linked to the top Ligue sides and some of them have been linked to EPL sides.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Do you know that they have a strong affiliation with a Lebanese football club? That happens to be my favourite club in Lebanon?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Do you know that they have a strong affiliation with a Lebanese football club? That happens to be my favourite club in Lebanon?
I didn't know that at all, you were the one that told me about it. Is there any particular reason for the affiliation??

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I didn't know that at all, you were the one that told me about it. Is there any particular reason for the affiliation??
The club in Lebanon is part of a big organisation that has schools and a university. I think that the school started as a French missionary that comes from Saint Etienne. They have a basketball team also, it was the best team in the region, they have won the Arab and Asian club championships at several occasions.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He is not coming back to Milan most likely, he doesnt want to, and If Ancelotti is around, its less likely too. Milan fans are getting used to this, and hence IMO him playing down his insane goal like that is a knee-jerk reaction to him not having a future with them probably.

Seriously, this dude is looking more and more like the real deal. His sale clause is 15m euro. Not much at all.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I think 15m is too much at this moment, but i feel that if we buy him now, 15m will seem like peanuts in some time.
I do think that he has a bright future. I watched him many times for Milan (well, not too many because he didn't get a proper chance, but whenever he played i watched him) and it was visable that some other things, not lack of quality, prevented him from becoming a starter. I don't watch him in Bordaux, apart from highlights, but i do know that he's been fantastic for them. I did watch him for France, though, and he was particularly impressive against Serbia.
Quality player. Very good vision, good technique, and he's a strong guy. Even though his first attempt failed, i do think that he's perfect for serie A.

I doubt we can buy him though. We're out of the game the moment another team will be willing to pay the 15m.
Our only chance is to be the only team interested in him and ready to pay the buy-out clause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)