Forum Bugs & Suggestions (9 Viewers)

Should we have a private forum with post restrictions (minimum posts to view)?

• Yes please

• No thanks

• No, but setup a private forum for members

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
Hey Marty I was just wondering if we could have a section in the forum that could only be accessed by members and maybe even have a minimum post requirement before it can be viewed. I'm not sure if we already have this (sorry for bringing it up if we do) ir of it can even be done. My thinking is this; members post some pretty personal info on tuz as we all feel relatively comfortable with each other here but it'n not just us that can see these posts but all the guests can too.

I'm thinking threads like the "post your pictures" thread which is pretty personal (do we really want merda fans seeing Katie's beautiful teeth?), and getting more serious threads like Chester's "For those who want to know" thread are threads that people start because they feel they have built a relationship built on trust with the people here but they thread is visible to anyone that happens to come across the site. I also figured things like dedication threads could go there as this is where people often write of other members and again this is just something that wouldn't mean anything to someone who isn't a tuz member.

My thinking behind the minimum post count is simply because we do, from time to time, get trolls from other clubs that come here with the intent to troll only and get to about 5 posts or so before they get banned so there's no need for them to be able to see those threads.

Anyway it's just a thought.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Good suggestion. Anything is possible as far as coding it so it only shows for users with more than a set amount of posts, that's not difficult. Only question is do we setup a whole new forum for "personal" stuff? And if so, what threads should be moved there? I think that would be the preferable way because then you don't have to update thread rules for each thread that's private, you simply start the thread in that forum.

Another question I have though what should be the minimum posts required?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I don't think the limit needs to be as high as that.

Even making the limit 20 or 50 posts would be enough to keep a hell of a lot of people from viewing the section.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I don't think the limit needs to be as high as that.

Even making the limit 20 or 50 posts would be enough to keep a hell of a lot of people from viewing the section.
:agree: I think the hangout and maybe even certain off-topic threads should have these restrictions. And yeah 50 posts would be plenty.

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
The easiest way for this to be done would be to setup a promotion system. When a member has posted more than 50 posts they're automatically promoted to a new usergroup and in that usergroup they'll have full access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)