Forum Bugs & Suggestions (115 Viewers)

Should we have a private forum with post restrictions (minimum posts to view)?

• Yes please

• No thanks

• No, but setup a private forum for members

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Not running as smooth as the other days today.

Getting Varnish 503 errors too.

also when I what to go to new posts in threads it gets me to post I already read earlier, not the real new posts I didn't read.

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Sorry yeah I was backing up the whole site to setup the CMS, about 3.5 GB of files :p

Oh and you need to login again because I changed the cookie domain so it works for both juventuz.org and forum.juventuz.org

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I'm liking the clean look of the mobile site Marty, and making an effort to click on the ads each time :) is that beneficial, even if I don't follow up with a purchase?

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
It takes me a lifetime for the the page to load when I click on New Posts. Works fine when I click other hyperlinks.

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Never seen anything like it, absolutely flooded with Googlebots, MSN-bots and other search engines :p

And they're all using the search engine. I've blocked them now from using the search engine but it won't work until the crawl the next time.

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
We've processed the request from a site owner to change the rate at which Googlebot crawls this site:
New crawl rate: Custom rate
5.750 requests per second
0.174 seconds per request
This new crawl rate will stay in effect for 90 days.

WTF? I haven't told them that :D

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I said it in mods forum and I'll say it again.

I think mass PM to members on Friday evening will increase the efficiency of vBetting. PM itself should be something simple, like "Enjoy your weekend and don't forget to place your bets"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 115)