Football Manager 2020 (21 Viewers)

OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #281
    Sold Khedira, Ramsey, James Rodriguez, Higauin after your earlier post Kyle.
    In earlier FMs I kept more Juve players around but this season's team is just too old and on too high of wage. You've got to sell a lot of them early (when you can still get some cash) and reinvest in a younger squad.

As far as JuveU23 goes I really haven't paid attention to them this year. I got them some better coaching staff but otherwise have focused on my first team.

In FM19 I completely revamped the coaching staff (scoured youth coaches from the best clubs) and stocked them with talented youth. Not only did I get them to B but they were taking the Serie B title with 90 point seasons :) It was amusing to see but it ended up being a dud. For all the money I had spent on them the players didn't develop properly playing in B and it ended up feeling like a waste of money.

tbh I've always had difficulty developing players in FM unless I put them straight into my senior squad. If I keep them in B team or send them on loan it seems like the development is severely limited. :boh: this has happened even with players with world class potential.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    That scares me, about player development, because I have high hopes for few of these guys (I hired Bergkamp as assistant manager for B team, super high attacking coaching stats)..

But I didnt play last years FM so this B team in lower leagues concept is new to me.

Btw what do you do with Fagioli, he is promising, but not sure if I should keep him as 7th CM in squad and homegrown purposes, or loan out to Serie A team. Might be too good for Serie B.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #283
    I sent Fagioli, Koni De Winter and Elia Petrelli out on loan to affiliated clubs in Serie A. Petrelli and De Winter went to Cagliari and Fagioli went to Perugia.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    It must be scripted then, because Perugia finding for Fagioli for loan whole summer lol.

Btw, if you on early years of game still, get a Portuguese kid called Fabio Silva, he is like new Cristiano (the striker, not the winger), crazy talent lol.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #285
    It must be scripted then, because Perugia finding for Fagioli for loan whole summer lol.

Btw, if you on early years of game still, get a Portuguese kid called Fabio Silva, he is like new Cristiano (the striker, not the winger), crazy talent lol.
    He is on my shortlist but I already went with Haaland instead. Maybe when Cristiano retires.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    My coaching staff is either crazy or high, Kean is still highly rated in FM, but they want me to put him in the B team lol.

Yeah I dont mean use Fabio Silva now, but buy him before he goes 100m+, I bought him as a 17 year old and Valencia loaned him from me to start him, kinda nuts.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #287
    My coaching staff is either crazy or high, Kean is still highly rated in FM, but they want me to put him in the B team lol.
    The Potential Ability rating in this game is totally fucked on some players (both via scouting and internal coach ratings) It isn't really an issue with real young players, who I know are good from following real football, but I am concerned about how the regens will be affected because how the hell am I supposed to know which regens are actually good?

Liviu

Jan 10, 2015
    Started with Juve 3-4 days ago, still trying to adjust my tactics. Overall I'm happy with my sales, still lave 40M to spend, maybe I'll get a striker in the winter. From those that I bought, I can recommend Bailey; he caan really dribble past several opponents and scores quite easily with good shots. Sold Danilo, but unfortunately that didn't freed up a non-EU spot.

1.png

Attachments

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
    Back to complain and ask for help.

What do you do against those hoofs over my defense? Now against Juve away, because that's the only thing they try to do, I put my defense as low as possible and cautious mentality. Still. Emre Can hoofs it 50m and there comes Suarez and Pipita running like mad dogs, free and onside by like 15m. WTF?! I don't know what to do about it anymore, it happens every game over and over again.

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005

What do you do against those hoofs over my defense? Now against Juve away, because that's the only thing they try to do, I put my defense as low as possible and cautious mentality. Still. Emre Can hoofs it 50m and there comes Suarez and Pipita running like mad dogs, free and onside by like 15m. WTF?! I don't know what to do about it anymore, it happens every game over and over again.
    shut game down and burn your computer.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #299

head to SI forums and join the legion of people complaining.

honestly not sure at this point as the long balls over the top issue stopped for me after the latest patch (i went on to win treble 2nd season) but for some reason its back and more of an issue in my 3rd season than ever before despite exactly the same tactics.

- - - Updated - - -

head to SI forums and join the legion of people complaining.

honestly not sure at this point as the long balls over the top issue stopped for me after the latest patch (i went on to win treble 2nd season) but for some reason its back and more of an issue in my 3rd season than ever before despite exactly the same tactics.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002

Stop playing and hope they fix the game. Its possibly the worst match Engine for a FM in many years.

Its completely broken since release, they tweak with updates and it becomes ever more senseless.

The bizzare thing is their beta match engine was eons more stable then this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)