Football Manager 2020 (6 Viewers)

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Just ran into some interesting mods at Sortitoutsi which should add much more realism. If anyone wants to try out:

Derbies overhaul: http://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/51376/derbies-overhaul-20-500-new
Languages: http://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/51374/language-overhaul-increase-the-immersion
Weather: http://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/51377/realistic-weather-20
Awards: http://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/51378/award-overhaul-160-new

Doesn't just add new languages, awards etc but changes how current work. From the description sounds very good. We'll see how it works in practice.

You have to start a new save for these to work.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #262
    throw ins... if I don't put them on long-throw I can expect offside.

Defender having the ball close to goal. Expect a hoof and they get a corner. He could easily hoof it up the pitch but you know, composure of 14 is not enough.

and as far as I can tell.... 1on1s is still an issue. or my strikers are the most wasteful strikers I have ever had. Not saying Donnarumma/Aye are WC but I bet they do score once every 5-6 hours given they are 1on1 at least 1-2 times per game, and that's just the 1on1s...

and some of my goals from off sides... they are just not off side.

RANT OVER

PREPARE FOR QUESTION

So Allan and Tonali "have played fairly poorly when paired together and are not a good partnership in their selected roles. However, the roles assigned to both players are well-suited to each individual." What to do? Allan is poor in whatever role I put him to, and if I change from B2B to a mezzela on Allan I get "are an untested partnership having not played together for any significant period of time in their selected roles." I have Tonali as a DLP (Def) in a 4-1-4-1, with Pardo as CM(s) next to Allan.
    i don't have issues with defenders hoofing the ball out. It happens only occasionally but i use two BPDs and build from the back instructions. I've noticed in this game sometimes youve just got to experiment with tactics to see what makes the issues go away even if you can't tell exactly what the issue is.

yes 1-1s are still an issue

Your players will form a good partnership after they've played together for a few months.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
    I feel like Paratici and Juve's management is always underrated or something in FM. When a user is not running them they take so many strange decisions.

This is Juve's starting 11 in my Brescia save in year 2021;
    Szczesny - Danilo, BonBon, Chiellini, Alex Sandro - Vidal, Pjanic, Modric - David Silva - Higuain, Ronaldo
    In case these old men break down they sub in the young and buzzing Fernandinho or Benzema, or perhaps Mandzukic or Khedira. You may now think they have too much width but do not worry, they shipped out Rabiot and Costa on loans. The former warming the bench(!) in Roma, contributed with two games. Cuadrado and Matuidi have been released for free, which isn't that surprising of course. Dybala was keeping the average age a bit too low and was therefore sold together with Bentancur, Berna and Rugani. Poaching players at the end of their career is a Juve-thing but come on...

- - - Updated - - -

i don't have issues with defenders hoofing the ball out. It happens only occasionally but i use two BPDs and build from the back instructions. I've noticed in this game sometimes youve just got to experiment with tactics to see what makes the issues go away even if you can't tell exactly what the issue is.

yes 1-1s are still an issue

Your players will form a good partnership after they've played together for a few months.
    Thanks for feedback! The hoofing comes by from anyone close to the touchline. Doesn't matter if they are BPDs or NNDs, if it is my or the CPUs player. Seems like the risk aversion is quite high, and a bit too high for my taste.

They've played together for half-a-year, which on the bigger scale of course isn't much. But I've never seen that before. I've only seen there being a relationship or none at all. Now Tonali has a good relationship with Pardo and a poor one with Allan. Not sure how to deal with it. Selling Allan I guess?

Last edited:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    Ok so I have decided to give it one more go until I feel I fed up completely. Fabio Silva from Porto is a magnificent beast! Unstoppable! while Mbappe is unstoppable himself.
    Half way through the season all wins no draws no losses (I use my second string team when playing home against clubs that arent Inter Milan Napoli and Roma while I juggle between first and second team when facing these teams at home)
    Away - Unless I have an important game afterwards I always play my top 11 (or with slight adjustments)

I still havent found a Woj replacement - He might be the best GK in the game...
    Last summer I made a mistake in letting PSG get a defender which I didnt think I would start but since I have lots of stars and no more room to register I mainly look at under 22 players so they can be eligible..

I just signed Ronaldo in a coaching role (seems promising). Bonucci is the ultimate crap when looking at his stats as a coach..

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    I finished first season, won all titles competed in, have Eriksen&and Haaland coming in for the summer (James Rodriguez too, but I only signed him to sell him).

What I want to know is, even despite winning everything, CL in dominating way, the board is SUPER stingy financially, only gave me 40m budget (I have average coaches, and they not allowing me to sign anymore either), and after signing Haaland I only have 15m left. So any suggestions for young wingers that can play ML or MR? (I play flat 442, so wingers not high up), that can be bought for that little? I can break it down to 3 long installments, so overall costing more then 15m wont be an issue just for current mercato.

Btw, Bentancur is an absolute beast in this game.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
    I have Vignato in Brescia, he's my best player and top scorer. And yeah, if I could afford Olsen I'd go for that. Scouted him for two years now.

Second season with Brescia done, ended up in fifth place! 65p, same as Napoli but we won against them both times. Looking for a decent striker, I have a budget of 10m euro. Any ideas?

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    I have Vignato in Brescia, he's my best player and top scorer. And yeah, if I could afford Olsen I'd go for that. Scouted him for two years now.

Second season with Brescia done, ended up in fifth place! 65p, same as Napoli but we won against them both times. Looking for a decent striker, I have a budget of 10m euro. Any ideas?
    try and loan one. For 10m a good forward that can make and impact is tough to find. Check who's contract is running out and can get a discount.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Trincao I can try, I was hoping for Chiesa, but winning everything still makes Juve stingy lol. I actually loaned Vignato from Monaco, and been using him for my B team lol (I am working hard on them promoting quickly, won Serie C division by 30 pts first season). He looks interesting but not maybe senior team type ready talent.

I'm thinking of some dutch or belgian young wingers (already have Doku, 17 year old beast), but most of them are bit too young for immediate backup role.

I bought argie teenager AM/winger called Thiago Almada, he only cost me 5m (Palacios, CM is only 5m), basically a cheap wonderkid. I want to use him for my B team tho, not A team.

I have no idea who that Bologna Olsen is, will check him out, speaking of Bologna, they relegated, so like the vulture I am I bid 11m for Orsolini and they accepted. But he turned me down :lol: Dude, you are in Serie B.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #271
    I finished first season, won all titles competed in, have Eriksen&and Haaland coming in for the summer (James Rodriguez too, but I only signed him to sell him).

What I want to know is, even despite winning everything, CL in dominating way, the board is SUPER stingy financially, only gave me 40m budget (I have average coaches, and they not allowing me to sign anymore either), and after signing Haaland I only have 15m left. So any suggestions for young wingers that can play ML or MR? (I play flat 442, so wingers not high up), that can be bought for that little? I can break it down to 3 long installments, so overall costing more then 15m wont be an issue just for current mercato.

Btw, Bentancur is an absolute beast in this game.
    I think part of it is high wage bill. Just starting my second season and so far I have sold Khedira, Ramsey, Matuidi, Mandzukic, Higuian, Danilo, De Sciglio, Cuadrado, D Costa, Pjanic, Demiral, Perin, Pinsoglio and I let Buffon and Chiellini retire.

In their place I have brought in Luca Pellegrini, Romero, Lorenzo Pellegrini, Sandro Tonali, Emil Audero, Eriksen, J Doku, Chiesa, Sergino Dest, Achraf Hakimi, and Haaland.

The team is much stronger, lower wage and waay younger.

The only trophy I won first season was Coppa Italia lol (shitty early match engine). 2nd season I won everything available topped Serie A by twenty points, beat Barfa, Man City and Liverpool in the CL and Ronaldo scored 40 Serie A goals (@Sarri)

Has anyone else had a beast Lazio in this game lol? My first season Lazio won both the Serie A and Coppa Italia. Second season Lazio finished second in Serie A (20 points behind me), I beat them in the Coppa Italia final and I also played freakin Lazio in the CL final (won again).

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    I already sold Mandzukic and Can first transfer window, letting Matuidi and Buffon go out of contract (retire), about to sell De Sciglio for 25m (sucker EPL).

I want to sell Khedira tho, loaned him out 2nd half of the season he can get takers. But for the rest, damn, you seem to sold hella lot of first team players. I'm not gonna sell Pjanic or Costa my man. They had hella crazy good season for me in 1st. Costa going ham in CL, and Pjanic 17 assists in total. And Cuadrado I might need for backup since I play 442 wing based RM/LM style. Unless I sign someone better for backup. Might need to sell Bernardeschi to afford that too.

But defenitely gonna sell Perin, Pinsoglio already asked for out like a brat lol, and MAYBE Ramsey, I barely used him first season. Bentancur and Pjanic played 90% of the time, other 10 procent was Tonali from January and on (I played 2 DMs formation at first, so really only Bentan, Pjanic and Tonali fit that approach).

Signed Gnabry and Kimmich first transfer window Alex Telles too, who the fans voted as the best signing of the season, because he was voted best player in Serie A (i'm not kidding, he got like 7.60 average rating). Sandro was injured for like 4 months so Telles turned out to be a clairevoyant type of signing.

For those players you signed, we have in common Tonali, Eriksen, Doku, and Haaland.

I wish I could get Chiesa, but mayne not be greedy because I have Gnabry. And Dest I was actually thinking of getting, if I can sell Danilo. Who has been excellent backup to Kimmich, suprising actually, he is like 4 stars and get couple MOM performances when I rotate fullbacks.

Lower wage and way younger is a good point tho. Mine maybe is bit bloated, because I'm less inclined to get rid of Juve players. I want to keep Costa, Cuadrado, Pjanic and Higauin :D Despite getting Haaland that will surely squeze out the latters playing time.

Smart to sign Audero, tried to do the same, but Sampdoria want 40m, not signing a backup goalie for that.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #273
    Smart to sign Audero, tried to do the same, but Sampdoria want 40m, not signing a backup goalie for that.
    courting players over several months seems to work very well in this game. by publicly declaring my interest, setting long term scouts on them, attending their games, asking reputable players to recommend the club to them ive gotten some really good deals.

40 for Hakimi, 10mil for Audero, 35mil for Chiesa, 30mil for Tonali, 25mil for Dest and 40mil for Haaland. Could have gotten Alexander Arnold after unsettling him but I already closed a deal for Hakimi

Forgot to mention I also got that Fati kid from Barcelona. Didn't court him, wasn't even looking at him until I noticed he was transfer listed for 8mil (lol) so I bought him for the hell of it.

Currently I have gotten Nicolo Zaniolo unsettled at Roma. Hoping to close the deal for 50mil soon but I'm reconsidering whether I even need him right now :p

I probably would have kept Costa and Cuadrado had they had longer shelf life but both of them seem to have significantly reduced in speed so I got rid of them ASAP

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Costa seems great in the game, Cuadrado is alright.

I havent considered that sneaky devilish scheme of yours for unsettling, how the heck did you manage to get Chiesa for 35M :lol: They ask for 150m fullstop every time haha. And he went out to media to decline my interest in him LOL. This was after I won CL and League.

Haaland I got for 35 (15 now, 20m in 3 years), and Tonali for 26m, so I'm glad with those deals even if I didnt troll them like you lol. I will start working on Audero now tho, I'm in july 2nd season, I badly need homegrown players that are decent. I was considering Zaniolo, but Tonali himself have tough time getting playing time, and I only play with 2 CMs formation and no AM, so it would be difficult to squeze him in.

TAA is like the biggest monster in this game for fullbacks you can imagine. You should gotten him over Hakimi, when I had him in liverpool in beta, he was scoring 20 assisting 30 as a fullback haha.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #275
    Costa seems great in the game, Cuadrado is alright.

I havent considered that sneaky devilish scheme of yours for unsettling, how the heck did you manage to get Chiesa for 35M :lol: They ask for 150m fullstop every time haha. And he went out to media to decline my interest in him LOL. This was after I won CL and League.

Haaland I got for 35 (15 now, 20m in 3 years), and Tonali for 26m, so I'm glad with those deals even if I didnt troll them like you lol. I will start working on Audero now tho, I'm in july 2nd season, I badly need homegrown players that are decent. I was considering Zaniolo, but Tonali himself have tough time getting playing time, and I only play with 2 CMs formation and no AM, so it would be difficult to squeze him in.

TAA is like the biggest monster in this game for fullbacks you can imagine. You should gotten him over Hakimi, when I had him in liverpool in beta, he was scoring 20 assisting 30 as a fullback haha.
    funny thing about chiesa is throughout all my courting he was never interested but eventually he became unhappy, rejected fiorentina's contract offer so they transfer listed him for 35mil. when i began negotiations with him he again told me he wasnt interested but was willing to hear my offer , he then signed the first contract i offered him

in terms of HG i am planning to sign Kean soon too just as soon as everton transfer lists him (lol)

i picked hakimi over TAA because Hakimi has superior stamina and pace over him which in my experience are crucial for wide players in these games. more important than the others better crossing/ set piece ability

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #277
    you can do it just don't give up. stalk that little fucker until he finally caves.

Sometimes the interest of an AI club can also help stir the player. Pay attention to his screen that lists if other clubs are interested as that can be a good time to bid.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    I just turned down a 80m plus 18m after a year for Rabiot from Arsenal (they initially bid 40m, I raised to that to make them go away).

Was about to accept, but I sold half my midfield already, and stingy board only want to give me 30m of the 98m lol. When transfer share is not just minor cut anymore, but atleast 75%, then I will entice arsenal to bid again.

Sold Khedira, Ramsey, James Rodriguez, Higauin after your earlier post Kyle.

Brought back Audero and Kean for homegrown reasons.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Kyle have you been in Serie B with Juve23? They are there for me in 2nd season, ofcourse cant promote to Serie A, but it's legit exciting to have your B team in actual Serie B. I bought few promising young players just to give more exposure my B team.

Some of them are maybe over qualified for Serie B lol, but good way to develop young players without worrying about wether they play in right formation or enough times. I bought your American kid Dest and put him there, same thing with Edouard, Vignato, Unuvar, some Dutch young striker cant spell name of, Ketcha Bell Allop, Palacios and few other studs.

Also I legit give up on Chiesa, so hard to get like he is Messi, even after Viola accepted he was pain in the ass. So bought Sane instead. I wanted to go Italian, but this is the 2nd German winger I get after Gnabry first season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)