[FML] Serie A 2009/2010 (11 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
stop being coy, you know what you meant
Yes, I meant that Del Piero - Trezeguet partnership is legendary in anyway you look at it but I also assumed that a Totti - Trezeguet might have turned out even better. You're the one not wanting to look at it as I presented it.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah for Trez it would have been better, because NO ONE serves up a poacher like Totti did, he made Delvecchio look absolutely great. And for Totti it would have been better, because he only played one season with a finisher of Trez caliber, and its no coincidence it was the only season Roma won the title.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Yeah for Trez it would have been better, because NO ONE serves up a poacher like Totti did, he made Delvecchio look absolutely great. And for Totti it would have been better, because he only played one season with a finisher of Trez caliber, and its no coincidence it was the only season Roma won the title.
Dude, forget Delvecchio, he made Montella look like he's one of the deadliest forwards to step on the pitch.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Yes, I meant that Del Piero - Trezeguet partnership is legendary in anyway you look at it but I also assumed that a Totti - Trezeguet might have turned out even better. You're the one not wanting to look at it as I presented it.
now that wasn't so hard was it? anyway, I disagree, Ale and Trez were completely perfect

Ale did the same for a certain Pippo Inzaghi

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Ale is a Juventus legend, and as such, we are all entitled to a little bias in his favor. I am sure Roma fans feel that Totti is the superior player, as is their right to do so.

However, on a personal and unbiased level, I find it difficult to choose between the two.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
But its not about who is better, but who is the better playmaker, and thats 10 times out of 10 easily Totti, Ale is creative, but is more of a forward, while Totti is purely a Trequartista at heart. His genius is his vision and passing, he is totally unrivalled in that IMO. And in that regard, Trez would have gotten better service, even if Trez and Ale are teleknetic mofos who read eachother perfectly.

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6,238
    Too many hads here, but to end this one, had Del Piero avoided the Udine injury, we wouldn't be even comparing Totti to him. With all these injuries he suffered and had and with the two years Capello punishment and going down to Serie B he's still ahead of Totti without a question.

And because playing for Roma is different than playing for Juve and because the likes of Zidane, Ravanelli, Nedved, Trezeguet etc don't really need a help to leave their marks unlike Roma ex forwards or current ones. It's different level, way different.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    I'm not buying that.
    Well then i believe you didn't see Baptista playing for us. Ask any Arsenal fan, or anyone who watched Arsenal at that season. At no point in time was Bentdner as bad as Baptista was for Arsenal.

Even statistically, Bendtner in his worst season at Arsenal(Aged only 19) made 27 appearances, only 7 of them were starts. He scored 5 goals. Baptista on the other hand, made 24 appearances, 13 of them were starts and scored a measly 3 goals.

I am being nice to Baptista here, and comparing Bendtners worst season to him. I kid you not, he was absolutely horrible for Arsenal. Complete nightmare to all Arsenal fans.

Eℓvin;2172472 said:
    Of course Del Piero is better than Totti man. What a silly argument. DP even surpassed Baggio ffs.
    While i agree that DP had the better career, and more accomplishments, therefore it would make sense to say he is the better player. I'd like to point out, that in terms of pure talent, Baggio was a genius. More talented than DP imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)