[FML] Serie A 2009/2010 (8 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
obviously Elvin, both you and Rab are biased, but while Rab actually provides a good account of matters, backing up his argument with some form of logical reasoning, your argument is pitiful. Are you saying DP is simply the better player because you think so? How is comparing him to Totti silly? Remember, Totti did displace him from the National team, and has been socring goals and carrying his team consistently over the past 3-4 years, even before then. Hence, there is a stong case for him as well.

As for the comparisons with Baggio, let's not even go there, because the man is arguably the best player to ever come out of Italy.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6,242
    As for the comparisons with Baggio, let's not even go there, because the man is arguably the best player to ever come out of Italy.
    Debatable. To me, in terms of classy tech, touches, ball control, fast decisions, using both feet etc no one comes close to Del Piero in Italy. But then again I can be biased here, too much love, respect and admiration for this man, I can't hide it.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Too many hads here, but to end this one, had Del Piero avoided the Udine injury, we wouldn't be even comparing Totti to him. With all these injuries he suffered and had and with the two years Capello punishment and going down to Serie B he's still ahead of Totti without a question.

And because playing for Roma is different than playing for Juve and because the likes of Zidane, Ravanelli, Nedved, Trezeguet etc don't really need a help to leave their marks unlike Roma ex forwards or current ones. It's different level, way different.
    If you understood from my post that I rate Totti better then you got it wrong. For me Del Piero is the better player but I think that Totti would have workerd better with Trezeguet.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6,245
    If you understood from my post that I rate Totti better then you got it wrong. For me Del Piero is the better player but I think that Totti would have workerd better with Trezeguet.
    Lah ya man, I'm not talking about your post in particular I'm talking in general. Totti's role and Del Piero role all in all. I understood your post perfectly and I think you have a point. But I was trying to compare their work and how consequences can make a diff.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    A sneaky way to get what you wish for :p

Rab, I also admire and respect Del Piero a lot. I used to get angry, upset, frustrated when he didn't play well or score a goal, especially after he came back from that nightmare injury against Udinese back in 99. A part of me was cheering Juve, while the other was cheering Del Piero on. I wanted him back to the level of the 97-98 season when he was arguably the best player in the world.

However, I also have a soft spot for Baggio. The man carried Italy to within a whisker of winning the world cup in 94; in addition, he was offloaded from the club before realizing his dream of playing in the Champions League, despite all he had done for us.

Vini.Alarm

Apr 15, 2009
    Hamsik boasts about speeding
    Monday 12 October, 2009

Marek Hamsik says that if he were to speed around Napoli he would never get a ticket because the police would recognise him.

The 22-year-old Slovakia international was speaking at an event held by Formula 1 team Red Bull Racing.

“I find myself very well in Napoli and I am treated like a king. I am so famous, that even if I were to speed around the city at 140 km/h no one would stop me and no one would give me a fine,” Hamsik joked in an interview with Pravda.

This isn't the first time Hamsik has boasted about the people of Napoli's affection for him.

In December 2008 he was the victim of a carjacking and had his £25,000 Rolex watch stolen.

A couple of days later some Napoli fans turned up at a local police station, having somehow obtained the said item and asked that it be returned to their idol.
    Hamsik is such a douche :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)