FIFA World Player of the Year - SCANDALOUS!!! (1 Viewer)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Badass Devil said:
i find it more amusing how out of those shortlisted, only canna turned on the style at the wc, yet they have beaten the likes of pirlo who was the heart of the mid, buffon the 2nd best player in europe, klose - top goalscorer AGAIN please can sum1 tell me what in the blue hell did zizou do to deserve world player of the year, the example he set in the final is one encouraged by fifa by awarding him the title? or comming 2nd in 2 major comps in 1 year - choking in both finals for henry is worthy of this prestigious prize? or perhaps the entertainer that every1 wanted to see, and didnt perform at all last yr - namely ronaldinho
FIFA always rated ZZ because of the high quality slow motion replays he used to offer, thats an important thing for the spectacle and the income of this sport industry,
men like ZZ, Ronaldinho and Henry make them rich,
they know it, we know it, they are the reason some of a us watch football and are so thrilled about it:D
they are the high standards and the model to follow,
they have to be,
FIFA has an interest to support and pay tribute to such
players/ source of entertainment,
its a logic thing to do and i understand/respect that,
but this time ZZ, really wasnt that impressive,
i think it was a little more... "personal" ...

HINT
check Jeeks's post:p

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Cannavaro's not winning this one. Nobody wants to see a guy who stops the opposition win an award for doing so. They want to see the powerful forward striding past everybody to slide a shot past the goalkeeper, or else the midfielder who slips that last second pass through the defenders to set up the striker for a goal, win the award.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Cronios said:
FIFA always rated ZZ because of the high quality slow motion replays he used to offer, thats an important thing for the spectacle and the income of this sport industry,
men like ZZ, Ronaldinho and Henry make them rich,
they know it, we know it, they are the reason some of a us watch football and are so thrilled about it:D
they are the high standards and the model to follow,
they have to be,
FIFA has an interest to support and pay tribute to such
players/ source of entertainment,
its a logic thing to do and i understand/respect that,
but this time ZZ, really wasnt that impressive,
i think it was a little more... "personal" ...

HINT
check Jeeks's post:p
in that case why not put pele and maradona up for the award

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Andy said:
Zidane was clearly better than Henry in the World Cup.

If Henry wants some sort of personal trophy perhaps he should outshine everybody on the world stage, not just the EPL or a couple group games in the Champions League. I'm sick of all this whining about Henry.
its FIFA world player of the year.not the best player of the world cup.henry had a much better season that zidane.im not saying that henry should make the top 3l list,but he certainly deserves it more than zidane.

simply becasue zidane had a great world cup doesnt mean that he should get a better shot at the award than henry.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Badass Devil said:
in that case why not put pele and maradona up for the award

LOL dont put them any strange ideas:p
They actually award them with several retro awards best player of the season, the decade, the milenium, all time etc etc:D
But at least, so far, they were giving the awards to active players able to bring the spectators into the fields:D

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Morra10 said:
zizo sucks.......for him to even be considered as a nominee for last years player of the year is a joke.
i agree with the second bit of yr post which is nominating zidane for this years player of the year, but i dont think zidane sucks infact in the previous times he won this award he deserved it fair and square. i do agree that nominating him for his preformance in the last three games france played in is a joke even if u forget about the head butt incident for a while.

on the other hand i've read posts that feel that ronaldinho should'nt be put on that list either well, its true he was rubbish during the world cup but on club level 2006 was a sucessful year for him both in the liga and in th cl despite his average preformance int he final against arsenal.

i honestly think that zidane should'nt have been nominated for this one and buffon should be place instead of him, or pirlo who was a key along with canna and buffon in italy's sucess this summer.

if in the case its just zidane, cannavaro, and ronaldinho then i honestly belive canavaro should win it for his constant and soild preformance both with juve and italy.

Javier_Zanetti

Jun 18, 2005
Zidane's there only because of the sympathy vote.

he's getting nominated for prestigious personal awards because of the infamous head-but. Talk about rewarding violence eh..a dangerous precedent is being set here.

That, and his retirement, so as a consequence everyone is eager to pay respect to his undeniably illustrious career.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Javier_Zanetti said:
Zidane's there only because of the sympathy vote.

he's getting nominated for prestigious personal awards because of the infamous head-but. Talk about rewarding violence eh..a dangerous precedent is being set here.

That, and his retirement, so as a consequence everyone is eager to pay respect to his undeniably illustrious career.
makes me wonder what all that fair play sh*t really means. zizou's peak was a long time ago, his imput of the last few yrs have been quite inconsistant, my only surprise about fifa is that they didnt award barthez best gk cuz he retired too and for the sympathy vote

btw zizou is coaching bangladesh and saw a pic sumwhere of this kid sliding into zidane :lol:

Sep 1, 2002
You are a bunch of ignorant, two-faced, little turds: sounding like jilted grooms at the alter. Oh Zizou head-butted a player, oh how can they reward violence, oh why did he leave Juve, oh why was he better than DP, oh if only DP had never gotten injured when he was oh so young.

Only joking.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
bianconero said:
Zidane is there because he was by far the best player at the World Cup> point made.

For that he should win it.
how was he? only at the latter stages of the tournament was he only just france' best player, but if you think he was by far the best, then buffon shud be made universal player of the year

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I agree with Bianconero.

I wonder if Zidane would get the same treatment if he was a Juve player and head-butted Matrix.

Because I believe if Zizou headbutted Matrix in the Final as a Juventus player, he would be a hero, but because he did it as Real Madrid player, he´s a fool.

Zidane is a god...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)