FIFA Confederations Cup 2009 (3 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Egypt should win -- more organized, coached well, and they play better as a team.

Italy is hurting if they think Pepe and Quag are the answer, and I don't think the De Rossi-Gatusso-Pirlo combination works well together and needs to be shaken up.

Still, it would be good to watch Italy-Brazil... if nothing else for the next likely Juve signing, given our history of signing foreigners after the Azzurri lose to the guy who eliminated them from a tournament.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Pepe is disgracing that #7 jersey, Rab. It's absolutely :sick:
Hopefully Ale has a great year, and gets another run at glory in 2010. He could be very useful to the Azzurri in the locker room, and as a sub...

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Pepe is disgracing that #7 jersey, Rab. It's absolutely :sick:
Hopefully Ale has a great year, and gets another run at glory in 2010. He could be very useful to the Azzurri in the locker room, and as a sub...
Dear God I hadn't thought about that yet!

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I see you have joined me on the good side, Red. Well done. Hopefully others will follow. All we can do now is wait, for it has commenced.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
WE are a fucking JOKE.....

Brazil puts an easy 4 past this Egypt team, and we cant even scrounge one....how pathetic !!

Zambro has to go- he cant run, and cant pass the ball any longer...it hurts to watch him. Reminds me of a fighter past his prime, who just goes in and takes a beating

Quag, like I've said a thousand times, doesnt belong on the team

Pirlo looks extremely slow and tired, and proved too many times that he shouldnt be taking the free-kicks

Gattuso didnt play most of the season (and it shows), so why is he even there ??

De Rossi, if you want to help the team, stop blasting the ball from 40 yards out, and cover your fucking man on set-pieces, asshole !!

The 3 ring circus featuring the famous Italian clowns returns to our television sets come sunday, when we face demolition against the worlds pound for pound best- Brazil :frown:
Your posts usually make me laugh as I tend to agree with you a lot of the times.

If this was Ranieri, he would have been lambasted but its the beloved Lippi so the criticism is started with a condition like I love him or i respect him but, lets face it the truth is that he has been making questionable decisions for years.

The last season at Juventus comes to mind, sanity boggling decisions against Deportivo (every game) and Barcelona at home come to mind where he played DP as a lone striker.

Yes he won the world cup and has a resume the envy of all other coaches so its hard to dispute his credentials but he like most great managers is very lucky as in the world cup apart from the fact that the scandal brought all those guys together, playing against ukraine, australia is hardly world class and lets face it they always beat Germany while the final was a lottery that could have gone either way but they are world champs so all thats irrelevant.

I thought the whole point of a friendly was to reward break through performances like Gazza announcing his presence on the world stage in a friendly against former czechslovakia all them years ago before 90 world cup and then making an impact there so why when Pasquale Foggia put in a great display, he is not in this squad?

Surely he is more useful than the totally ordinary Pepe and the jeckyll and hyde that is Camoranesi. Camo is good in the league with Juve but very average in cl and for the NT.

Personally Id take the 35 year old Dp and the 36 year old Inzaghi ahead of all the strikers he keeps picking. I am curious to see how he wants to defeat the top teams with the very ordinary but willing worker Iaquinta as his main striker.

I have not seen too much of A'gostino but I am almost sure he is vastly overrated and I hope we do not get him. I saw Marchisio look so ordinary against Serbia under 21 but I keep reading here that he is a good passer of the ball.

I have only seen Giovinco give 1 excellent performance against Chelsea in all the time I have seen him play but Balotelli is a talent that needs to be nurtured and could be a secret weapon but apart from him and Santon, some of the defenders in the under21 set up Andreolli and Brochetti impressed me but they have no chance of going to the world cup not when Cannavaro, Grosso, Zambrotta, Dossenna, Gatusso, Camoranesi, pepe, Iaquinta, Toni are still breathing.

You know I am amazed that Lippi has never managed Milan but he is a perfect fit and I am sure he would do so in the future.

ReMad

Feb 25, 2007

South Africa vs Spain

Confederations, Group A, R3
Saturday June 20, 2009 18:30 GMT
State Stadium, Bloemfontein, South Africa.

Pre Match Video

1st & 2nd Round Matches Highlights of Group A
14 June 2009 : South Africa 0-0 Iraq , Spain 5 - 0 New Zealand
17 June 2009 : Spain 1 - 0 Iraq , South Africa 2 - 0 New Zealand

Goals

Villa scores a Goal for Spain after missing a PK 54
Click Here for Video

Second Goal for Spain by LLorente 72
Click Here for Video

Extras

Nice Shot by Torres 35
Click Here for Video

Danger shot for South Africa over the Goal 39
Click Here for Video

Villa's Shot over the Goal 41
Click Here for Video

First Half Highlights : South Africa 0 - 0 Spain
Click Here for Video

Chances for the Two Teams 84
Click Here for Video

A Disallowed Goal for South Africa for an Offside 92
Click Here for Video

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Lets assume Egypt are gonna win against USA. If Italy match that scoreline, they are through. If Egypt draws against USA, a draw against Brazil would see Italy through regardless of the scoreline. If Egypt loses against USA and Italy loses to Brazil by no more than one goal, then Italy are through (provided USA doesn't win by an outrageous margin, in which case they go through)...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)