FIFA Confederations Cup 2009 (49 Viewers)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Right now, for 2010 I would like to see...

-------------------Buffon

Santon-----Cannavaro----Chiello-----Grosso

----De Rossi--- D'Agostino --- Marchisio

------------------Cassano

------------Rossi

--------------------------Iaquinta

D'Ago would really have to prove himself this coming year, Cassano would have to be accepted by Lippi, and Santon would have to be first choice for a full year at Inter. No real destroyer in midfield, but all are reasonably sound defensively.

Still a good balance of leadership in the starting lineup, with Buffon, Canna, Grosso, and De Rossi...
Good formation. I'd find someone other than Iaquinta though.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Imagine if the national teams were allowed to buy players the way clubs do. There'd have been no Italian in the Italian NT*. They'd have been the Inter of the National teams.

* Ok, Buffon. But that's it.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
i get the feeling the part lippi played in our world cup triumph was overrated.
he really does select mediocre players (pepe wtf?) and players that are not in form at all and plays them in a formation that did not even work for 3 years since donnadoni tried his 4-3-3. he should remember that we won the world cup with a more defensive formation (and by not conceding a goal in open play all tournament).

lippi was good for juve back then, but right now his decisions are very debatable.

it is probably like the situation with klinsmann. after the world cup many people believed that he was actually a good coach, but look now he did not even last one year on bayerns bench ... he is a total clown.

i do not want to say that lippi is a clown, but he obviously had less part in the world cup trophy than the circumstances and the binding between the players in that difficult time. he is not so special people make him.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
It should be noted that Lippi has not even been working with this team a year since he took over from Donadoni. Naturally its going to take some time to drop the shitty tactics they learned from Donadoni. Lippi needs at least 2 years to get the team playing the way he wants them to.

Mar 30, 2006
i get the feeling the part lippi played in our world cup triumph was overrated.
he really does select mediocre players (pepe wtf?) and players that are not in form at all and plays them in a formation that did not even work for 3 years since donnadoni tried his 4-3-3. he should remember that we won the world cup with a more defensive formation (and by not conceding a goal in open play all tournament).

lippi was good for juve back then, but right now his decisions are very debatable.

it is probably like the situation with klinsmann. after the world cup many people believed that he was actually a good coach, but look now he did not even last one year on bayerns bench ... he is a total clown.

i do not want to say that lippi is a clown, but he obviously had less part in the world cup trophy than the circumstances and the binding between the players in that difficult time. he is not so special people make him.
I dont know about that. I think Lippi was fundamental. Do you think Donadoni or Trap could have done it? He created an awesome team mentality that led them to the Final. They fought for each other instead of themselves which in my opinion was the reason they did not win anything recently unitl Lippi became boss. If you look at his overall record it is brilliant. He just does not let anyone influence him .. or get in the way of the team.

It might work again in 2010.

aoshimy

May 31, 2009
I dont know about that. I think Lippi was fundamental. Do you think Donadoni or Trap could have done it? He created an awesome team mentality that led them to the Final. They fought for each other instead of themselves which in my opinion was the reason they did not win anything recently unitl Lippi became boss. If you look at his overall record it is brilliant. He just does not let anyone influence him .. or get in the way of the team.

And I think it will! People are overreacting to tonight's loss. We were just unlucky in front of the goal. The finishing wasn't there and the Egyptian keeper was brilliant. If Iaquinta had scored any of his chances we wouldn't be here criticizing Lippi.

Egypt were unlucky against Brazil, and they were lucky against Italy.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
I dont know about that. I think Lippi was fundamental. Do you think Donadoni or Trap could have done it?
no to donnadoni, but trap i dont know. i dont know how this whole calciopoli thing brought the players together and as you saw in 2006 we played pretty defensive and trappatoni would have played defensively too.

He created an awesome team mentality that led them to the Final. They fought for each other instead of themselves
i give lippi that, but that is not enough to be successful. it might have worked in 2006 (again under that circumstances), but his tactics and formations are weak lately, dont you think so ?

which in my opinion was the reason they did not win anything recently unitl Lippi became boss. If you look at his overall record it is brilliant. He just does not let anyone influence him .. or get in the way of the team.
but being stubborn is not always a good thing ... the cassano dismissal is debatable but relying on mediocre players like pepe is very bad. toni is another one that should not wear the azzurri shirt ever again. these are players that have proven that are to weak for the squadra azzurra ... why does lippi not get that ?

perhaps there is too much affection in his decisions.

what i see is, that the national team is going in the wrong direction, with wrong players (that already failed) and a wrong formation (4-3-3) that also already failed. how can lippi not see that ?

we simply do not have the players for a 4-3-3. either the quality of the wingers is whack (pepe) or the quality is good but the work rate too low (camoranesi)... you can not play 4-3-3 with those players.

my hope is gone ... there had to be so much changes to let this work

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
i just got back from watching the game with yamen from the forums!! who would've thought egypt would go on to win tonight?!?! woooooooooow i was going for a fraw in all honesty. now i just hope we have enough fitness to go thru the usa.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)