Fernando Llorente - ST - Athletic Bilbao (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasi

Aug 25, 2012
Don't waste too much energy in Llorente. It's not imposible but quite unlikely he leaving Athletic Club this season.

Besides, INHO Dzeko seems to be a better option.

Next season you can end up having Dzeko and Llorente

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jasi

Aug 25, 2012
What makes you think Dzeko is a better option than Llorente?
1.- He needs a good buch of oportunities to score one gol that makes him needs a lot of patience as he's not specially mentaly strong.
2.- can't stand psicological pressure very well.
3.- Everytime he has faced some real opposition to get out the bench he has fail. He as one of the two or three players del Bosque didn't give any minute in this Eurocup... and David Villa was out because of an injury.... He's world and european champion but he as merely play for 30 minutes in both competitions.
4.- Takes him a lot of time to get in perfect physical condition and he losses it quite quickly.
5.- I think Athletic was perfect for him because he hadn't rivalry in bench, the club and fans had a lot of patience with him, the club and fans were not demaning titles so the psicological pressure was not so high... I'm not so sure if he could get the same from a club urged to win european championships

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
You sound like you're trying to convince us that he is average so we leave him to you guys, the problem is we don't have those kind of powers. (at least the majority of us who don't have connections to the Drughi :D)

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
1.- He needs a good buch of oportunities to score one gol that makes him needs a lot of patience as he's not specially mentaly strong.
3.- Everytime he has faced some real opposition to get out the bench he has fail. He as one of the two or three players del Bosque didn't give any minute in this Eurocup... and David Villa was out because of an injury.... He's world and european champion but he as merely play for 30 minutes in both competitions.
4.- Takes him a lot of time to get in perfect physical condition and he losses it quite quickly.
5.- I think Athletic was perfect for him because he hadn't rivalry in bench, the club and fans had a lot of patience with him, the club and fans were not demaning titles so the psicological pressure was not so high... I'm not so sure if he could get the same from a club urged to win european championships
Are you serious?

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Who remembers the Turkish (either Fenerbahce or Galatasaray) fans who used to come on here trying to convince us to sign some South American midfielder they had? As if we actually made those decisions.

Jasi

Aug 25, 2012
You sound like you're trying to convince us that he is average so we leave him to you guys, the problem is we don't have those kind of powers. (at least the majority of us who don't have connections to the Drughi :D)
no, no

I was just pointing out his weak points as you know his strong ones; which are many...
That is just my opinion, some others think that he'll adapt good and fast to any level of competition.

Besides he's out of Athletic. He won't be playing for us again. History

RAVANELLI

it was all a dream
Jun 4, 2011
no, no

I was just pointing out his weak points as you know his strong ones; which are many...
That is just my opinion, some others think that he'll adapt good and fast to any level of competition.

Besides he's out of Athletic. He won't be playing for us again. History
you like Juve? :spliff:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I don't understand why you are bringing up him not getting much playing time for Spain.

Spain had no interest in playing a target man, so Llorente was never going feature much.

Interesting what you say about mental weakness.

That would be the only question around Juve signing him, as tactically I think he would fit very well at Juve.

Jasi

Aug 25, 2012
That would be the only question around Juve signing him, as tactically I think he would fit very well at Juve.
nop, don't give my comment too much credit... that's a personal impression based only in rumours in Bilbao.

I only came by to know what you guys thin of not having him this year and have to wait a whole season... and if you think Juve could be still chasing him after a year in the bench... not to give the impression I'm bashing Llorente.. who has been our best striker the years he's been playing for us...

---------- Post added 26.08.2012 at 03:06 ----------

I only follow Athletic.. so all I know about juve is that they defeated us in a UEFA cup final in 1977
:)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
nop, don't give my comment too much credit... that's a personal impression based only in rumours in Bilbao.

I only came by to know what you guys thin of not having him this year and have to wait a whole season... and if you think Juve could be still chasing him after a year in the bench... not to give the impression I'm bashing Llorente.. who has been our best striker the years he's been playing for us...
Juve are going all out to get a new striker this season, as it is the key thing they need to make the step up in quality for the Champions League.

If they don't sign Llorente now, then I doubt they'll try again for him in the future.

From what I hear/read, I suspect Juve will sign Llorente in the next few days. I doubt Athletic Bilbao will turn down 20-25m just to keep Llorente for one more season.

Do you go to Athletic Bilbao games?

Bilbao fans are pretty fortunate to have such brilliant football to watch at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)