Felipe Melo (5 Viewers)

Gheorghe Hagi

Jul 8, 2010
Melo did well both in Spain and Italy. So none of you can really say that he's only a Turkish Super League level player. Just compare the level of players Vidal is getting to play with and Melo got to play with. I mean I can go on and on, but it's really pointless to continue as everyone has their own facts. I believe time will tell who is right. So I rather let the players do the talking. But I really really really hope it'll be Galatasaray vs Juve next game(if not Barca. I want them more).

Buy on AliExpress.com

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
When Melo was about to first move there, non of the gala fans that registered at the time, didn't buy into our words that they're getting a good player. Now it's Melo against the World. We all know dude he's a great player but with down syndrome.
why would you want this match up?
Ishte galatasaray babam jan. Juve or barca if not manchostar.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Didn't Melo play very well for Viola for a season, at least? So your point that he was good only in turkish league is invalid. And you really can't compare Melo and Vidal since the team when Melo played in Juventus had Grygera, and Motta as fullbacks, Iauqinta, and Amauri strikers, clueless defenders excluding Chiellini, and partners like Poulsen and Tiago.

Melo is very good player, very good technique and very good in defending. Yeah he has discipline issues but that doens't make him a bad footballer.
The original discussion is last season's Melo vs last seasons Vidal, and I argued that Turkish league players can't be compared to the best in the world because they don't play quality opposition week in week out. Read again, your post makes no sense.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
You want to get out early?

Last season's Melo > Vidal
No.

BWAHAHAHAHA GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE

Melo was never fit to play in european cup competitions he was a utter disaster in the europa league for us. Vidal has been beasting it in the CL all season
Melo never had a chance under a good coach, so relax. Oh, he did in Fiorentina with Prandelli, and look how that went for him.

Melo did well both in La Liga and Serie A. You might have thought 25m was too much for Melo, but if you paid 15m, you might have thought it was a good deal indeed. The problem was Juve. It was like dead dirt on top of the team. You could've put Messi at those times and he'd most likely suck too.
:tup:

hey hagi, did it ever occur to you that melo couldn't even find a team in a top league before he joined galatasaray, it shows that he is not even rated amongst the top clubs. Did it also occur to you that even galatasaray hesitated in trying to sign him, and begged to loan him again. Did it also occur to you that Vidal for the past couple of years has been wanted by Chelsea, Bayern, man utd and Real madrid?

not even arsenal wanted melo that says alot it itself.

melo had his peak, he is never going to reach the form he had at fiorentina ever again, Vidal is still peaking
Arsenal and other topclubs wanted Melo.

-------------------------

Right, the Turkish level is Melo's level :sergio:
Yeah, Australien, I'm taking to you.

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
Yes.

Vidal and Melo are totally different players with different playing styles. But Melo's overall performance was better than Vidal's last season. Almost nobody here knows how Melo did last season, that's why I'm calling them clueless. But I know how Vidal did.
I assure your, next stages in CL will prove what I am trying to say here.
I assure you sir you are:burke: and I advice you to step away from the keyboard.

Scary thing is you believe what your saying. I don't wish or hope to play anyone. I prefer to take whoever is placed against us but if gala has the misfortune to be drawn against Juve I assure you Melo will one way or another ruin your chances. Also answer me this, isn't gala that didnt even want to buy Melo? I mean if he played sooooooooooooooooooo spectacular because Vidal was nothing short of that last year why wouldn't your club purchase him? Why did they have to hold out and only loan him again? My opinion your club was looking for a better option and couldn't find one so they settled. If your club had full trust in him they wouldn't of bothered on holding out. Again if he was sooooooooo good he is worth 10m or whatever the price tag was for him. Melo was a good player but nothing more. He got arrogant and stupid and will turn to be another Adriano aka waste of talent.

Passing Vidal
Shooting Vidal
Positioning Vidal
Stamina Vidal
Ability to score Vidal
Composure Vidal
Speed Vidal
Tackling Vidal
Melo as strength. That's all over.

- - - Updated - - -

WΏΏdy;3953980 said:
I dont think he's trolling. He just massively overestimates his knowledge of Serie A and Vidal.
But can one full heartily even with lack of serie a knowledge actual believe Melo is At any level Vidal is at? I may be wrong.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
I assure you sir you are:burke: and I advice you to step away from the keyboard.

Scary thing is you believe what your saying. I don't wish or hope to play anyone. I prefer to take whoever is placed against us but if gala has the misfortune to be drawn against Juve I assure you Melo will one way or another ruin your chances. Also answer me this, isn't gala that didnt even want to buy Melo? I mean if he played sooooooooooooooooooo spectacular because Vidal was nothing short of that last year why wouldn't your club purchase him? Why did they have to hold out and only loan him again? My opinion your club was looking for a better option and couldn't find one so they settled. If your club had full trust in him they wouldn't of bothered on holding out. Again if he was sooooooooo good he is worth 10m or whatever the price tag was for him. Melo was a good player but nothing more. He got arrogant and stupid and will turn to be another Adriano aka waste of talent.

Passing Vidal
Shooting Vidal
Positioning Vidal
Stamina Vidal
Ability to score Vidal
Composure Vidal
Speed Vidal
Tackling Vidal
Melo as strength. That's all over.

- - - Updated - - -

But can one full heartily even with lack of serie a knowledge actual believe Melo is At any level Vidal is at? I may be wrong.
Like i said lack of serie A knowledge AND Vidal. Its like one of those guys who watches a player literally just a couple of times and convince themselves they know everything about him.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

No.

Melo never had a chance under a good coach, so relax. Oh, he did in Fiorentina with Prandelli, and look how that went for him.

Did arsenal really want melo though? Even they refused the chance to sign him on loan

- - - Updated - - -

Even the melo at fiorentina doesn't beat Vidal. Let's talk about whether melo is better than nocerino that's a more valid argument

Jul 2, 2006
Melo was truly influential for Galatasaray last season. However, Vidal is better in every aspect of football. Remember how we struggled in summer to find him a club, then you would understand performances in Turkish League means nothing to top clubs. Either he will return to us because he really sucked this season or he will get a big wage cut in order to join Galatasaray for free. They won't a pay single euro for him.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
Does not really matter if teams wanted melo, what matters is how much they were willing to pay for him. If gala wanted Vidal they would have to pay us cash+11 of their starters including melo, not sure we would accept that though.

Marco motta was wanted by teams and he went to one of those.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
gala wanted melo as cheap as possible and got them on loan again cos no one else wanted melo
he is an idiot and nothing special at wc 2010, since the whole brazilian squad was horrible.
and that assist he got vs holland was horrible horrible defending from holland and had nothing to do with melo's pass

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
WΏΏdy;3953990 said:
Does not really matter if teams wanted melo, what matters is how much they were willing to pay for him. If gala wanted Vidal they would have to pay us cash+11 of their starters including melo, not sure we would accept that though.

Marco motta was wanted by teams and he went to one of those.
why the fuck would we accept any of their starters let alone 11 of them, they are all inferior to our squad in every shape and form it's like selling messi for 11 iaquinta's/Martinez's of this world

enzo

May 14, 2012
I think Woody didn't mean that literally. But of course you are right. There can only be 11 players of one team on the pitch, so it doesn't matter if we have 50 or even 100 players as long as they don't have skills.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

No.

You're talking to me. Cool. Do you need anything?

- - - Updated - - -

People are still harping on about Melo's good season at Fiorentina in the fucking 08/09 season? He was pretty much a big, fat, massive (and hugely expensive) failure for Juventus. Case closed.

Vidal shits all over him in every facet of being a midfielder. Nothing more to add.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)