Felipe Melo (10 Viewers)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
So has this ever crossed your mind that it could be the coach not considering Melo as the right player for his tactics? It always has to be this overly repeated Italian vs non-Italian shit?

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
:lol:

I was just kidding.

But I do think Melo would've fit into Conte's system though and he's too good of a player to be discarded imo.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
So has this ever crossed your mind that it could be the coach not considering Melo as the right player for his tactics? It always has to be this overly repeated Italian vs non-Italian shit?
It's not Italian vs Non-Italian in this case. And it could easily be that Conte doesn't want Melo in the team, but to me it's clear that Melo was blocked from the team and on sale since the last rounds of serie A, before we even knew who's gonna be our coach.

In any case, Melo seems to be ok with the sale too and if Conte doesn't want him, there was little to be done. It's just this bitter feeling that we loaned one of our most expensive players and the uncertainty about his future and value next year.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
:lol:

I was just kidding.

But I do think Melo would've fit into Conte's system though and he's too good of a player to be discarded imo.
I didn't specifically mean you. These comparisons between Marchisio and Melo have sickened me. Conte had a few good words for Marchisio, so despite the invisibility jokes being so boringly repeated over here, it could be just that Conte rates him. He is probably having Marchisio in his plans while there is no place for a player like Melo. Time will tell if it was a right decision to keep faith in Claudio.

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
What's so funny? Vidal would be the box to boxer, Pirlo the regista, and Melo as the destroyer. Sounds like a good combination to me.
I'm happy to reply you after the game. Did you saw the links between our lines? Because I didn't.

Personally, I don't think Vidal can provide those links for a whole game in a three man midfield and to pair with a Melo - Pirlo midfield we'd need a trequartista. Unless, of course, if you want a long ball type of game.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'm happy to reply you after the game. Did you saw the links between our lines? Because I didn't.

Personally, I don't think Vidal can provide those links for a whole game in a three man midfield and to pair with a Melo - Pirlo midfield we'd need a trequartista. Unless, of course, if you want a long ball type of game.
:confused2

What the fuck? We had Marchisio playing out wide tonight. What are you talking about?

And 4-3-3's don't need trequartistas. Not sure what you're talking about there either.

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011

What the fuck? We had Marchisio playing out wide tonight. What are you talking about?

And 4-3-3's don't need trequartistas. Not sure what you're talking about there either.
Forget it.

I just want to say we need a creative in the team. With Melo, Pirlo, Vidal, Krasic, Matri, perhaps Rossi/Vucinic who would be that guy? We already have Pirlo to start building the play from behind, but we still need a guy to build our moves in the last third of the pitch. That creative guy is needed to link the midfield with the attack.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007

Ancelotti's Christmas-tree Milan was successful (at least in Europe) not only because of Pirlo-Gattuso-Ambrosini in the middle, but even more so because of Ricky Kaka, who was helping a lot to bring the ball forward, I think that's what Flamez means with trequartista here. And he might be right about that, 433 with Pirlo sitting deep and two destroying CM's running up and down might get Krasič and Quag isolated, not even talking about Matri.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Loaning him out will in time prove to be the biggest mistake of the mercato.
I'll make a note, although I'd like to see how this is quantified. When we lose a game will we say 'we miss Melo'? If Conte is going with a centre two (Pirlo + Vidal) I'm not sure how he becomes such a mistake. Maybe if all of our CM's get injured then it will be a mistake, like what happened last year with the strikers...

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Not that I like the specifics of this deal (at first sight, it is indeed Tiago all over again), but all this drama for a guy who gave us about 10 good & another 10 to 15 decent games over the course of 2 entire seasons?
Boy oh boy, how will we ever replace him?

GSaray

Jul 22, 2011
Juve had to settle for the least profitable way of getting rid of Melo.

One can think of the 1.5 million loan fee as the amount Melo's price will depreciate in the next season. However.. No player, ever, playing in the Turkish League will have a price tag of about 13 million euros, especially if he is 29. Therefore Juve managers have miscalculated the amount that Melo's price will decrease.

What can happen next year:

1) Melo impresses, Gala wants to buy him. Melo won't be eager to return to Juve, as he has already chosen money over career (being in his late 20s, it makes sense). That gives Gala the edge in negotiations. The 13 million value has also fallen since the players performances became oblique: he does not play in Europa League, and noone watches the Turkish Super League. Parties agree for prices about 5-6 million.

2) Melo is not wanted at the end of season, returns to Juve only to look for a new club. Noone wants to buy him except Brazilian clubs, and he returns to his homeland for an even-lower transfer fee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)