Felipe Melo (66 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Well, here is what I think.

From what I can gather here, it seems as if this Melo deal is basically a 1 year loan for 1.5 million, where in essence he has the opportunity to double his salary as a one off situation.

With those salaries in question coming off the books, with the likely exception being Del Piero possibly being brought back for 1 year, what this move does is it gives Juve the financial flexibilty salary wise to take on either 1 large salary this year, or 2 additional good salaries, all the while being able to acquire an additional player or players that will fit the salary budget that they have in place. But the key here is what it will do NEXT year.

Taking into account the revenue streams being brought from ticket sales, and luxury suites, added into the fact that most of those salaries are going to be completely off the books, this could put Juventus in a very healthy situation in regards to player salaries.

Now, I know that some people are going to say "Why didn't they just keep Melo this year?". The reason is because I think they have set themselves a certain amount for salaries this year, and his salary, including any potential new signings, taking into account that Conte doesn't see him as a starter, would have been too high for them this year.

MCMV

Jul 22, 2011
Maybe you do, maybe you dont, but I wouldnt be so sure about it. In this forum as well most of the members were 100% sure that we didnt have an obligation to buy Quag, Matri, Pepe and Motta (and Marotta didnt say we were), yet, surprise, surprise, they are all fully owned by Juve now.

I think it's the same thing here. No way would Marotta just give him for two mil €.
We sold over %30 shares at Stock Market, so we would have to let Stock Exchange Market about our transactions. That's exactly why we confirmed from our official website that we were in talks with Felipe Melo before anything was set. That's why, our club needs to let Stock Exchange Market know about details for each transfer.

As I watched him on tv, our director spoke about details for his transfer. Plus, since we have a huge debt, we can't really pay for him 13 millions whether it's right now or next year. That's why everything makes sense for us.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Well, here is what I think.

From what I can gather here, it seems as if this Melo deal is basically a 1 year loan for 1.5 million, where in essence he has the opportunity to double his salary as a one off situation.

With those salaries in question coming off the books, with the likely exception being Del Piero possibly being brought back for 1 year, what this move does is it gives Juve the financial flexibilty salary wise to take on either 1 large salary this year, or 2 additional good salaries, all the while being able to acquire an additional player or players that will fit the salary budget that they have in place. But the key here is what it will do NEXT year.

Taking into account the revenue streams being brought from ticket sales, and luxury suites, added into the fact that most of those salaries are going to be completely off the books, this could put Juventus in a very healthy situation in regards to player salaries.

Now, I know that some people are going to say "Why didn't they just keep Melo this year?". The reason is because I think they have set themselves a certain amount for salaries this year, and his salary, including any potential new signings, taking into account that Conte doesn't see him as a starter, would have been too high for them this year.
It's entirely possible.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
why would we reach an agreement about that after he suddenly was cut out of the squad
we want to sell grygera but he is in usa

Probably agent of melo said by gala you can earn 5m.
With that his agent called marotta. and said melo wants to earn 5m and wants to gala

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
why would we reach an agreement about that after he suddenly was cut out of the squad
we want to sell grygera but he is in usa

Probably agent of melo said by gala you can earn 5m.
With that his agent called marotta. and said melo wants to earn 5m and wants to gala
That is nothing more than speculation though.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
He did not ask to leave for fucks sake. What is this bullshit?

Juventus told him they did not want him so he did the proper thing and found another club. Unlike Sissoko, Iaquinta, Amauri etc who just leech the fuck out of this club.

Forza Melo we've lost a very good player.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
He did not ask to leave for fucks sake. What is this bullshit?

Juventus told him they did not want him so he did the proper thing and found another club. Unlike Sissoko, Iaquinta, Amauri etc who just leech the fuck out of this club.

Forza Melo we've lost a very good player.
That sucks. I believed that he wanted to leave. :depressed

Forza Melo, goodluck buddy on all your future endeavors!

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
he doesn't want to come back why isn't that clear for you?
Yes, he didn't want to play for Juve and he wanted to go to a team in Turkey that also won't play in Europe. :rolleyes:

He wanted more money, just like Marchisio. Juve decided to pay more money to Marchisio but not to Melo. Juve wanted to get rid of Melo at any cost. Even for a loan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 66)