Felipe Melo (58 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I think its likely they are, similar to our "loans" of last season, although Melo's loan could be more difficult to "enforce" if Galata try to screw us over, although hopefully they wont.
I remember talking to Alen about this last season regarding Quagliarella and the others. Although with clubs outside of Italy it'd be nice to know the finer details, you know that in Italy they are most likely to stay true to deals as they work with each other on multiple transfers and in an official capacity over some years.

MCMV

Jul 22, 2011
We won't deal at anything less than the fee agreed, that's how these deals work. The same for Pepe, Quagliarella, Motta and Matri.
Nope. If Juve sold him to us for around 6-8 million Euro's, all of you would be angry. So we did loan him with future fee but that doesn't mean that we're gonna have to buy him from Juve for that price. It's a strategy. If we end up like him at the end of season, we'll probably offer 6 millions to 8 millions to get him. By that time, most of you will forget him anyway. It won't make the same impact on Juve fans because you guys are selling him for cheap.

By the way, does anybody know how much was he getting from Juve for a year?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Nope. If Juve sold him to us for around 6-8 million Euro's, all of you would be angry. So we did loan him with future fee but that doesn't mean that we're gonna have to buy him from Juve for that price. It's a strategy. If we end up like him at the end of season, we'll probably offer 6 millions to 8 millions to get him. By that time, most of you will forget him anyway. It won't make the same impact on Juve fans because you guys are selling him for cheap.

By the way, does anybody know how much was he getting from Juve for a year?
That all depends on what the actual agreement is. If Melo has a strong season then we do not have to specifically sell him to Galatasaray unless they offer the clause, so you risk losing the player.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Hopefully Melo's new higher salary will motivate him to play well and stay focused, increasing the likelihood they will want to keep him.

MCMV

Jul 22, 2011
That all depends on what the actual agreement is. If Melo has a strong season then we do not have to specifically sell him to Galatasaray unless they offer the clause, so you risk losing the player.
Conte doesn't like him at all and I don't think he will come to back to Juve after Galatasaray, because he already has problems with fans, on top of that he also has a problem with coach now. Actual agreement is that we have to pay Juve 13 million to get him but it's stupid to pay 13 millions for Melo who's going to be almost 30 at that time, especially when he has a year agreement at Juve.

Jul 2, 2006
We won't deal at anything less than the fee agreed, that's how these deals work. The same for Pepe, Quagliarella, Motta and Matri.
No, it's only Marotta's stupidity. It doesn't work like that for other clubs. Besiktas loaned Manuel Fernandes from Valencia with an option to buy for 8 million. This summer they bought him for 2 - 3 mil.

We have lost our only chance to sell Melo for decent price. He will play in only Turkish League as Galatasaray won't play in EL. He won't attract any decent offer which didn't come this season. It will be us who are obligated to sell him.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I remember talking to Alen about this last season regarding Quagliarella and the others. Although with clubs outside of Italy it'd be nice to know the finer details, you know that in Italy they are most likely to stay true to deals as they work with each other on multiple transfers and in an official capacity over some years.

Yeah, I said the same thing. Had Marotta screwed them he'd be done working in Italy. However, considering that this is a Turkish club the impact might not be that great if they screw us, but hopefully they wont.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Conte doesn't like him at all and I don't think he will come to back to Juve after Galatasaray, because he already has problems with fans, on top of that he also has a problem with coach now. Actual agreement is that we have to pay Juve 13 million to get him but it's stupid to pay 13 millions for Melo who's going to be almost 30 at that time, especially when he has a year agreement at Juve.
Unless of course it's a disguised 'loan'. If he doesn't end up staying in Turkey then we deal with it in another way based on his age and contract. I'd be more comfortable if Galatasaray had paid more like €3m or €4m for the 'loan' and a €9m-€10m fee as it would indicate it was a typical Marotta agreement. I'd like to see what he has to say.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
That's what has been reported that it's an obligation. Cronios does not want to listen to that.
from wishful thinker maybe, the same BS excuses we hear every year, so that you optimists can keep living in denial and still hoping that next year, things will be proved better than they look now.
But they never look better, they look even worse than they do now, but you are forgetting what happened and start hoping for the next season.
Enough is enough, what wasnt sure about Marotta last year, is now certified, he is as incompetent as Secco and need to be removed asap, this is one of the worst moves of the decade in serie A, no other team has lost so much cash for no particular reason, like us.

Its like living in the streets, but keep buying 50k euro cars every year, gifting away the one you bought last year and still paying just to buy and rent new ones every year.
This transfer here proves exactly how incompetent our whole board is, what were they thinking when they were hiring Pazienza???

Since they never intended to make any income from Melo and Tiago, why dont they kept Melo instead??
For the 2mil of extra cash of his salary??
They were either drawn by emotion or nationalism, at any case, this is such a stupid move, that can never find any kind of justification.

I didnt want us to sell Melo, just because i knew that we are completely incompetent, as far as sales go, but i never expected to be thaaaat incompetent, its disgusting to think that such such clowns represent our club... but whats worse, is how dangerous it is to be lead by... them...

MCMV

Jul 22, 2011
Unless of course it's a disguised 'loan'. If he doesn't end up staying in Turkey then we deal with it in another way based on his age and contract. I'd be more comfortable if Galatasaray had paid more like €3m or €4m for the 'loan' and a €9m-€10m fee as it would indicate it was a typical Marotta agreement. I'd like to see what he has to say.
Obviously, we are just trying to save the day, thats why we loaned him. Otherwise, we would have to get someone else who has a future. As someone said above, we had our worst season in our history just like Juve. We won't be playing in Europe this year, so Melo will not get much attention from European clubs. So his value will be decreasing every year.

I think you guys have every right to be mad at Marotta. Because instead of loaning him out, you guys should have sold him because this was the last chance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)