Felipe Melo (16 Viewers)

JRulez

Aug 1, 2005
..I have this horrifying but amusing picture in my mind of Melo kicking someone's head clean off their body and Momo popping up at the far post to head the headball home for a goal, and both of them celebrating, as if nothing out of the ordinary has happened, and showing shock and anger when they are both sent off for dissent...before diego strangles the referee.
:lol: I can see this happening too, scary but good!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
Melo is very good and very promising, but we did overpaid for him!!
Still better than overpaying for Dago though. They were both over-hyped due to their exceptional seasons.
The difference is, that Dago have less chances than Melo to repeat or improve from here!

Melo was a damn fine choice, but we said pay a lot lesser than Diego...
Cronios, you are Luciano Moggi in disguise and I claim my £5. Have you got my PayPal dets?

JRulez

Aug 1, 2005
Based on what I have seen of Melo at the peace cup, he looks pretty awesome, don't think we overpaid at all, He looks dominant and with a lovely range of passing. Can't wait to see him, momo and our other little brazilian in tandem. Exciting times for sure.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Let's cream over Melo then. I think he is amazing! Just the fact that we robbed Viola of their best player is reason enough for this thread to be sticky.

Jul 26, 2007
Eℓvin;2094111 said:
Nervous? Yes, I guess you are the only one. A lot of people thought he was "too relaxed" in fact.
Well now that you said it, i realise that is the direction i was going for, but nervous in the sence that he wanted to impress. He often lost posession where you really shoudn't have lost it. I dont know what im ramblin on about man, but to put it simply: did he impress you guys?

May 22, 2007
Well now that you said it, i realise that is the direction i was going for, but nervous in the sence that he wanted to impress. He often lost posession where you really shoudn't have lost it. I dont know what im ramblin on about man, but to put it simply: did he impress you guys?
Against Seongnam he was sloppy on occasions. He was good in the next two games. Not amazing but still, his pre season started later than most of the others. The thing I liked most from these games was his ability to pass at any range with great accuracy.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Against Seongnam he was sloppy on occasions. He was good in the next two games. Not amazing but still, his pre season started later than most of the others. The thing I liked most from these games was his ability to pass at any range with great accuracy.
I was also impressed with his passing range, which seemed far stronger and more versatile than ANY of our other midfielder, barring Camo. I am counting Diego as an attacking midfielder...Also, he is incredibly robust on the ball, and has no qualms about driving forward when a pass forward isn't ON, and due to his behemoth frame the brazilian is a hard player to knock off the ball.

Considering he is not yet match fit, and has only just arrived at our club, from what I have seen already, and from his performances for Fiorentina last season, I have very high hopes for Melo. And I feel that he could become one of the finest midfielders in the world.

The other thing I wanted to note was that he is far more than a Destroyer. Because he can pass, not just simple passes, but creative passes, which he sees often. The Camo, Melo, Momo mix has everything we need in that area of the pitch. Momo is the out and out muscle and savage hustler. Melo is equally rugged, perhaps less of a hustler, but defensively very, very robust, and the man can create, can hold the ball, can win the ball...then Camo, whose passing and dribbling are ultra offensive...Those three behind Diego will be lovely to see, once they gain a sense of cohesion...but that can only come with games and time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)