Federico Chiesa (20 Viewers)

Juve92

Jan 18, 2016
I just knew it would happen. This team is mentally fragile, I don't know why.

Maybe the old guard are carrying the trauma from 2015 and 2017. Maybe it's just a lack of a clear authority since Max left - again, possibly brought on by the old guard who find it hard to see Pirlo as an authority figure, and Sarri probably couldn't command much respect from them either.

I think we need to move on from that era.
:tup:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

Maybe the old guard are carrying the trauma from 2015 and 2017. Maybe it's just a lack of a clear authority since Max left - again, possibly brought on by the old guard who find it hard to see Pirlo as an authority figure, and Sarri probably couldn't command much respect from them either.

yesterday the classic old guard was represented by one single player (bonucci), and you can put alex sandro and cuadrado there too. bonbon was fine (pretty good if you consider his long layoff), sandro was meh, cuadrado was our joint best player, and could easily have had 4-5 assists if our strikers would finish off some of those perfect crosses, and a goal if he was a tiny bit more lucky with that beautiful shot hitting the crossbar right before the end of the regular playtime. i don't see a clear pattern at all. :boh:

as for the mental fragility, we are missing loyalty, leaders with cojones (á la mandzukic, licht), plus we're not a team anymore. while vidal, marchisio, evra and even pirlo knew what juventus stands for, i can't expect passengers like ramsey, rabiot or even ronaldo to feel connected to the club. also, guys like pjanic, matuidi, benatia, mandzukic (etc) were seemingly good friends and had a chemistry on and off the pitch. now we have the world famous cr-pinso bromance, and what else? sad reality is that these guys aren't bad players, but mostly just mercenaries at juventus. if only we had a true motivator as a coach... and this is the true failure of the recrutiment strategy, with chiesa being a refreshing exception. chiesa looks honored and motivated. we'd need many more chiesa's.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
These old guard arguments are the attempt to fit a narrative onto reality.

Bonucci didn't lose us this tie. Demiral's penalty, Bentancur's mistake, Ronaldo's wall, these are not the old guard.

1 or 3 players if we include Cuadrado and Alex are of the old guard and Cuadrado has a shout for man of the match.

Our new generation doesn't have the mentality of the old guard. Only Chiesa and De Ligt would fit into 2012-2015 Juve in terms of mentality.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
we scored 4 goals against porto. he scored 3 and was unlucky when he hit the post. besides cuadrado, he was our best player yesterday. he scored a brace vs milan too.

he shows up at big occasions. that's some proof in my book.
He had great 2 games. He did well in most games but he still need a better team to show what he can do - He is capable of more than that.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
yesterday the classic old guard was represented by one single player (bonucci), and you can put alex sandro and cuadrado there too. bonbon was fine (pretty good if you consider his long layoff), sandro was meh, cuadrado was our joint best player, and could easily have had 4-5 assists if our strikers would finish off some of those perfect crosses, and a goal if he was a tiny bit more lucky with that beautiful shot hitting the crossbar right before the end of the regular playtime. i don't see a clear pattern at all. :boh:

as for the mental fragility, we are missing loyalty, leaders with cojones (á la mandzukic, licht), plus we're not a team anymore. while vidal, marchisio, evra and even pirlo knew what juventus stands for, i can't expect passengers like ramsey, rabiot or even ronaldo to feel connected to the club. also, guys like pjanic, matuidi, benatia, mandzukic (etc) were seemingly good friends and had a chemistry on and off the pitch. now we have the world famous cr-pinso bromance, and what else? sad reality is that these guys aren't bad players, but mostly just mercenaries at juventus. if only we had a true motivator as a coach... and this is the true failure of the recrutiment strategy, with chiesa being a refreshing exception. chiesa looks honored and motivated. we'd need many more chiesa's.
I'm not talking about individual performances on the pitch. I mean, maybe the old guys have too much influence on the culture of the team and are carrying baggage from all the years of dominating the league plus European failure. It's only an idea though, there's no proof. But it looks like it: lackluster in the league (no hunger), fear and anxiety in Europe.

Also it probably doesn't help the managers trying to make changes (Sarri, Pirlo) to have a team of veterans who got used to winning one way.

But yeah, definitely a bunch of mercenary pussies too.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
He had great 2 games.
not only two, i just mentioned two (three) good games from him. he did very well vs dynamo kiev, atalanta, sassuolo, spal in the coppa (despite the short cameo), and probably an other half a dozen times i don't remember. he's easily one of our best players this season, up there with danilo, cr (shit form unfortunately, but can't deny he's been mostly great), cuadrado, de ligt and virus-free morata. during the last month or so, he was our best player overall. the last bad match i remember from him was vs inda, and it was at the beginning of february.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
I'm not talking about individual performances on the pitch. I mean, maybe the old guys have too much influence on the culture of the team and are carrying baggage from all the years of dominating the league plus European failure. It's only an idea though, there's no proof. But it looks like it: lackluster in the league (no hunger), fear and anxiety in Europe.

Also it probably doesn't help the managers trying to make changes (Sarri, Pirlo) to have a team of veterans who got used to winning one way.

But yeah, definitely a bunch of mercenary pussies too.
Soft players imo.

Rabiot, Ramsey, Bentancur, Arthur, and Morata are all soft. Kulu has better mentality but is a raw 20yo kid, McKennie is simply limited. None of these players are leaders.

De Ligt, Chiesa have elite mentality. Demiral needs to relax, opposite problem for him lol. We need more of these guys to replace Chiellini, Buffon, Barzagli, Litch, Mandzukic, Tevez, Marchisio, Vidal, etc, etc, etc.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
he really desrved better.

juventus as a whole might not deserved to win, and porto with their heart definitely didn't deserve to lose. but performances like chiesa yesterday are the type that deserve to drag teams to wins.

feel bad for him. hope his passion rubs off on the others

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Soft players imo.

Rabiot, Ramsey, Bentancur, Arthur, and Morata are all soft. Kulu has better mentality but is a raw 20yo kid, McKennie is simply limited. None of these players are leaders.

De Ligt, Chiesa have elite mentality. Demiral needs to relax, opposite problem for him lol. We need more of these guys to replace Chiellini, Buffon, Barzagli, Litch, Mandzukic, Tevez, Marchisio, Vidal, etc, etc, etc.
Having better young players will also help, yes. Too bad this summer doesn't look like a great one for recruitment lol

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Proved nothing? Lol your just hating
Why would I hate someone who is currently our best player on our team?
He proved he is a great player but he hasnt proven enough at the moment. He needs a better coach and better teammates to show how great he is.
I think he is capable of much more despite being already our best player.

McK also proved to be a great player but he also has much more to prove.

Im glad we signed both and both are great purchases but they can still grow and prove much more.

As for Ronaldo - I would much rather have a goal scorer type of player than him from a team play type of view but commercial point of view apparently is our goal.

May 26, 2016
Why would I hate someone who is currently our best player on our team?
He proved he is a great player but he hasnt proven enough at the moment. He needs a better coach and better teammates to show how great he is.
I think he is capable of much more despite being already our best player.

McK also proved to be a great player but he also has much more to prove.

Im glad we signed both and both are great purchases but they can still grow and prove much more.

As for Ronaldo - I would much rather have a goal scorer type of player than him from a team play type of view but commercial point of view apparently is our goal.
He proved more than enough and have more or less been consistently our best player since arriving here. Dont know what else proof you need really. Weird

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
He proved more than enough and have more or less been consistently our best player since arriving here. Dont know what else proof you need really. Weird
I pretty much said what kind of "proof" I need
Its not exactly proof but more of a potential fulfilling - Better coach better team -> better numbers...

- - - Updated - - -

he really desrved better.

juventus as a whole might not deserved to win, and porto with their heart defineltey didn't deserve to lose. but performances like chiesa yesterday are the type that deserve to drag teams to wins.

feel bad for him. hope his passion rubs off on the others
Unfortunately he is the only one who really tried to get behind defenders.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005

Thats another reason I want the old guard gone, those finals broke them. They've grown rotten and it's spreading.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Thats another reason I want the old guard gone, those finals broke them. They've grown rotten and it's spreading.
We don't have a ruthless policy like other big clubs when it comes to senior players. This is why you see the veterans overstay their welcome at this club. I mean Bonucci will be on a €6M net salary until 37 tells all you need to know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)