Would you keep Quagliarella?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Even last night, I don't think anyone noticed, but in one of the first interviews he gave post the match, he didn't say anything about his goal etc. he just spoke about how the team could and should've won and our road ahead. It shows his humility. However some people want to project him differently, because they have the inter episode at hand.
Someone mentioned it earlier I believe

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Another thing is, for me quag played like i totally expected.

Wich means he'll link up not as good as vucinic, and doesnt offer the connection llorente should give.

However, he'd not be a hopeless pushover like cancershit, get on the end of a handfull of very dangerous chances, and kept his scoring record in europe up.

What ? the guy is 4th choise attacker behind tevez, vucinic and llorente. What did people expect ?

Blame the staff that Llorente isnt ready yet. Blame chance that vucinic is unfit/partially injured.
Praise the lord cancershit wasent playing

Quag did everything what a 4th striker could in europe. Score.

What, people expect him to score a brace ? get real.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003

Wich means he'll link up not as good as vucinic, and doesnt offer the connection llorente should give.

However, he'd not be a hopeless pushover like cancershit, get on the end of a handfull of very dangerous chances, and kept his scoring record in europe up.

What ? the guy is 4th choise attacker behind tevez, vucinic and llorente. What did people expect ?

Blame the staff that Llorente isnt ready yet. Blame chance that vucinic is unfit/partially injured.

Didn't he almost have a brace though? The header came off the crossbar. He had a superb glancing header to play Vidal on to an open goal. Quag is the type of player who can do things that make him look really good when he pulls them off, or tactically unsuitable when he's not able to. But the hate is unwarranted coz he did a good job in the second half when the team actually played.

- - - Updated - - -

I think quag is the most likely to score a brace of all our strikers.
:tup:

Dec 31, 2008

:tup:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
He nearly did, and that would have been very great.

I just say, we can demand of quag to be dangerous, and score at +50% of his games, cause we know he's capable.

We cant however "demand" a brace in europe.

The fact that he nearly did that, is just showing how he was doing well out there.

For me its simpe. Know what a player can, and demand it in prior matches.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Excerpts from Luca Cetta's blog on football italia..

Similar to Stamford Bridge, it was Quagliarella to the rescue. If not for his sweeping finish Juve were headed for a defeat. And just like a year ago, the Castellammare di Stabia native came closest to earning all three points when he hit the crossbar with scores level.

His fifth Champions League goal – after four in seven matches last season – was a reminder of what Quagliarella can offer. That he would be saving Juve in the Champions League looked highly unlikely a month ago. Then, Quagliagol seemed on the scrapheap. His future was subject to constant speculation and as the transfer window drew to a close, it appeared Quagliarella would be headed to the capital. But with offers on the table, potential deals were scuppered seemingly by Conte.

And just as he did in both clashes against Chelsea, Quagliarella popped up here with a pivotal strike. Thrust into the role of an impact player, Quagliarella has reminded of his ability to net important goals, and not just against tiring defences.

Nonetheless, it proved a poor start for Juventus in what was the easiest of the three games for Italian clubs. Napoli are preparing for a blockbuster against Borussia Dortmund, while Milan welcome Celtic to the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
meh

Thank you for the goal Quag, but now sit your ass down on the bench please.

Tevez did not enjoy playing with Quag at all. I have much more faith in Vucinic-Tevez and Tevez-Llorente.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
And you think Vuci - Tevez works?

I'm not saying that we should keep Quag as a starter, but as long as he scores(he is a striker and that is his job) I don't see the reason to push him on the bench.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I think the problem many people have with Quag is that there is no upside to what he can offer. We know his limits and we know that he doesn't really excel at anything in particular. Some strikers are great dribblers, others have an amazing work rate, creativity or good target players while some are poachers like Trez for example. With Quag, there is nothing there. If he scores a goal, that is great but he's not what you'd call a great finisher or a goalscorer and has never been in his career.

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005
Thanks Ragazza. I know you're engaged and all, but :flirt:

:D

Thanks Brah. :tup:

Cheers mate :tup:

Already? :D

Have you noticed that I only defend him when people hate on him, not criticise him. To give you an example, there's a difference between Klin/W's posts about the player and those of Rollie's. And I'm sure you'll agree, he received a lot of unnecessary criticism last night, a lot of which stems from people's dislike of the player. Because, in the match that I was watching, the whole team sucked in that duration. When the team did well, guess who got the goal?

I say this all the time. Criticism is fine, but on a night that the player gets a goal and is called shit and whatnot, then you're dealing with a bunch of ungratefuls. Think about it B81.

Not just Matri, there are those who fault him for starting ahead of Llorente, when it's not really his fault. Conte makes the choices, not the players. If he's doing enough to convince the coach in training, and then scoring on the pitch when given the opportunity, then he should not be the one to blame. It's sad really, some of the comments we've read tonight.

- - - Updated - - -
@Alex-444

Could you please share the clip of the goal? Tommy's gif not working on the iPad.

- - - Updated - - -

@Bianconeri81 : Case in point.
pls give me a cool gif with Quag scoring and celebrating @Alex-444

@pitbull

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 61)