Would you keep Quagliarella?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
May I just ask you this?

Is what we saw tonight what you regard as a good Quag performance? If so, you and I may never find a common ground when it comes to this player.
It was a game of two halves for him. Almost invisible in the first, struggling with the rest of the team, and quite lively in the second. If you think he was one of the worst on the pitch when the team found its rhythm, then i disagree.

Buy on AliExpress.com

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Think about it J.

Out of all the chances that fell to us. Chiellini, Pogba, Tevez x2 etc., only one was converted, by the same player you're questioning. It may not have been pretty, but he did his job tonight. And I genuinely don't think he is to blame for how poor we were in the first half. Our mentality was to blame.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
You probably missed the header, coz it wasn't a figment of my imagination. ;) A lot of what you are questioning him for tonight, didn't come into play as far as I could see. For the simple reason that we didn't play to feet. Playing long balls the way we did, with an inexistent midfield, you are not going to get the best out of this type of player. The long ball game in itself only works with a targetman, which Quag is not (for no fault of his), and is also a more outdated style of play, which is why you don't see as many quality targetmen these days. The player in question has a few things going for him, like his instinct and eye for goal, while lacking pace and like you said, having the ability to create space for himself. But is this where our attacks stopped flowing tonight? For me, we didn't have an engine in midfield. Vidal had his worst showing in a couple of years, and that's saying a lot. Pirlo struggled to get into the game. Pogba was lost. That's where our flow was killed tonight.
I'm sure I did miss the header. I think you may have missed a couple of poor exchanges, and lazy flicks tonight :D

Our midfield was absolute dogshit, there is no doubt about that, in fact nobody was particularly good tonight. No question about that. Baggio, I'm not blaming this player for the draw, he scored the only goal of the match.

Forget about that CF role being outdated, I get what you're going there, but are we or are we not spending big on a large man who supposedly has a lot of the characteristics I mentioned -- who is glued to the pine? Llorente should have played in this type of match, especially because of how the tactics shaped up.

I didn't really see Quagliarella connect with anybody in tight space, I didn't see any sweet exchanges involving Q of particular quality (nice finish on the goal, thats what I can remember). This game wasn't strictly long balls. Also, all of those points I made about Qtube double as generalizations about a typical Quag performance. Not just tonight. :D

Also, Tevez, by his own tenacious nature, is always going to enjoy a freer role upfront because he drops deep to pick up the ball and run at defenses. It's an integral part of his game, in which case I see Quag being the one pushing up closer to goal, getting shots off in limited spaces. They are a hardworking pair, and again, as far as their chemistry goes. I'm not asking that you give them a couple of seasons, but it would be interesting to see them get 4-5 games together. In many ways, this pairing is similar to what we had with Quag-Dp back in the day, and that was one of the best pairs we've had since Marrotta got here. That said, Tevez-Llorente has the potential to be even better, but it depends on how we build our play.

In all honesty, I don't like the 352, and even though it doesn't suit Quag, I think it's in the best interest of the team to switch to a 4231 or 433 with some legit wingers
You're absolutely right about Tevez's tenacity, and yes, he is typically given quite a bit of freedom in his role. I was being a bit general, but I'm ultimately saying that if I had to choose a player to compliment Tevez, there's no way it would be Quagliarella. He's a classic tweener, and there's not a true fit for him in our 3-5-2, that's my opinion. From what I've seen, Vucinic has a much better understanding with Tevez, and we're paying Llorente the big bucks. Anyway, I know you love him, I just think we need to remain focused on upgrading the position; given his age, I'd still be looking to unload Fabio.

Gotta run, have a nice afternoon, bud.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Think about it J.

Out of all the chances that fell to us. Chiellini, Pogba, Tevez x2 etc., only one was converted, by the same player you're questioning. It may not have been pretty, but he did his job tonight. And I genuinely don't think he is to blame for how poor we were in the first half. Our mentality was to blame.
I was very frustrated with him due to what frustrates me about him in general: it requires a lot for him to be a true team player. This is why I loved Matri, this is something Matri was undeniably better at than Quag. His movements, overlaps, dummies etc. was far superior to those of Quag. That said, when it comes down to pure skill, Quag is more technically gifted than Matri, so there will always be a chance of Quag getting a goal. That's what I saw tonight. A poor teamplayer, who still managed to get on the scoresheet. I don't hate Quagliarella, far from it. Tonight I thank him for a vital goal. But can I overall say that he had a good game? I cannot. Overall he was very frustrating and Tevez even yelled at him in disbelief a couple of times, due to some of his choices.

Still, you're right, he scored a goal and did his job, so tonight isn't the night for too much criticism.

89man

Sep 4, 2013
Coming as a neutral Milan fan, Baggio seems like a good dude, who makes intelligent posts, but doesn't try to be argumentative, or drive his opinions down other people's throats.

Quagliarella won Juve a point, enjoy it Baggio.

People want to criticize someone, it should be Tevez, he missed an absolute sitter.

Qwisto

Oct 5, 2010
I really like Quag but I've rarely seen a player be more invisible than he was in the first half.. He was seiously piss poor and tends to get in the wrong areas constantly. Can't remember when I last saw a long-shot from him (at least not a decent one) and that's one of his main offensive strenghts.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
:howler: I hope you are joking, or that might go down as one of the most retarded Tuz quotes ever.
@baggio How much is Quag paying you man? I'm sure his agent doesn't defend his as much, or is as committed/dedicated to him as you are :p

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
I really like Quag but I've rarely seen a player be more invisible than he was in the first half.. He was seiously piss poor and tends to get in the wrong areas constantly. Can't remember when I last saw a long-shot from him (at least not a decent one) and that's one of his main offensive strenghts.
He is a striker he needs service, u know what happens when u dont give a striker service for a whole half he does nothing. I said it earlier Quag is a goal scorer dont give him service and u wont see him. It's the same for Llorente or Matri but people just point the finger at Quag for us not winning today because we didn't see much of him when the WHOLE TEAM was terrible in that half.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Its natural the behaviour.

Since the departure of Matri, the butthurtness have gone to insane levels.

Today, quags was invisible the first half... but no one showed up anyways. In teh second half, when we decided to PLAY, the guy scored.

Maybe a team issue? just maybe?.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Its natural the behaviour.

Since the departure of Matri, the butthurtness have gone to insane levels.

Today, quags was invisible the first half... but no one showed up anyways. In teh second half, when we decided to PLAY, the guy scored.

Maybe a team issue? just maybe?.
The Butthurt is huge in this forum since Matri was sold because the guy cant score in a brothel never mind a goal. Matri was average and thats all. Quags has much more talent than him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)