Fabio Grosso (8 Viewers)

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Grosso to be cut from Italy squad?

There is much speculation in Italy that Juventus full-back Fabio Grosso, the hero of Berlin, will be cut from Marcello Lippi's World Cup squad.

Grosso scored the winning penalty in the World Cup Final four years ago and is now synonymous with that historic victory.

However, Sky Italia understands that Grosso is among the players Lippi intends to leave behind this summer when Italy defend their title.

The 32-year-old was named in Lippi's provisional 30-man squad a week ago but he is said to have lost out to Genoa's versatile defender Salvatore Bocchetti, although nothing has been confirmed as of yet.

Sky Italia also claim that Grosso's Juventus team-mate Antonio Candreva will be cut from the midfield.

Giuseppe Rossi is also said to be on the verge of missing out at the expense of Napoli striker Fabio Quagliarella.

http://football-italia.net/may18h.html

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Bocchetti at left back or Criscito? It limits Italy in terms of width, but also indicates that there would be a more open 4-3-3, Di Natale on the left, Iaquinta on the right of a central striker, and hopefully De Rossi - Pirlo - Marchisio in midfield.

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
Grosso :inter: :yuck: doesn't deserve to play football, let alone be going to the WC. I sincerely hope Lippi axes him; he is unworthy of any jersey at this point in time.
He might be as per the press today Lippi is reducing his squad from 30 to 27 players and Grosso may not be amongst those who will go to SA.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I hope this leads to depression, which in turn leads to compulsive eating disorder. In turn, Grosso piles on so much weight, is unfit for the new season, and we are forced to discard him :D

cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
May 7, 2006
Guy is 32, there isn't anything that our coach or trainers will be able to teach him. He's pathetic, too slow, can't dribble, can't defend, I'd like to even compare him to Molinaro.

Sell this guy, Lippi made him look world class which in fact he is not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)