Fabio Grosso (2 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
There really is no reason to play Grosso over De Ceglie.

De Ceglie is just as capable of losing his man and looking a complete idiot when defending the back post, but at least he offers more in attack.
De Ceglie doesn't offer more in attack, I can see Grosso doing good in team that plays possession football, I can't see DC doing good in any team with ambitions. Exactly how DC offers more in attack? He never makes runs in box like Grosso does, according to Alen DC has almost twice lesser playing time, but Grosso have 4 goals+assists, while Paolo has offered 1. De Ceglie won't be the player for future and there's no reason to play him at all, as he's probably our worse defender together with Zdenek.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Grosso doesn't do good in any team no matter how they play. Stoppind kidding yourselves.
Start of the season? He was our link from defense to midfield, PDC will never have the ability to do that. What about Grosso in Palermo or Grosso in Azzurri?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I don't care about Grosso of the past, Grosso of the present is useless.
Well he only plays for us and the Azzurri in the present so how does that work? :frown:

For the Azzurri he actually plays a lot better, he and Pirlo seem to have some kind of telepathy with his runs down the left, but he is not going to ever be a strong defender, and never was.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Well he only plays for us and the Azzurri in the present so how does that work? :frown:

For the Azzurri he actually plays a lot better, he and Pirlo seem to have some kind of telepathy with his runs down the left, but he is not going to ever be a strong defender, and never was.
Do you really want my honest opinion? I don't give a rat's ass about the Azzurri.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Everyone except Lippi and pitbull agree with that.
Surely Melo is the worst signing of the season. He can only play in a position where we already have enough players, have problems with fans, took a third of our transfer budget + a winger and he has been playing as poor as Grosso.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Surely Melo is the worst signing of the season. He can only play in a position where we already have enough players, have problems with fans, took a third of our transfer budget + a winger and he has been playing as poor as Grosso.
I don't know what's with you and Grosso. Fine, Melo was the worst signing but Grosso is not any much better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)