Fabio Grosso (5 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I can't believe how weak his tackle was for Milan's second goal.

He was in control of the situation, but just let Ronaldinho walk straight through him.

I'm really glad he has missed his last chance at playing a major tournament, because it serves him right for his (umpteen) pathetic performances this season.

Lippi still knows what he is doing.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Of course...

Anyway, that worked out well for Italy, because it showed Grosso can't cut it any more.

Didn't work out so well for Juve, though.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
ok, so here is the "hate on grosso" time right now ?

i sincerely think that he will be better for the squadra than he was for us, plus he does score here and there (something criscito or the other left back douches surely wont).

i just remember the last volley goal he scored after a great pass by pirlo.

italy surely have bigger worries than grosso right now ... he does perform for italy most of the time ...

it's stupid to hate on him, just because he sucks at juve ... that does not mean that he would not do well in south africa. but then again that would mean you'd have to have a brain to differentiate club and national team form

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
If Lippi came to Juventus, Grosso would have been a starter.

I lost count how many times that was used as a reason against Lippi coming to Juventus (I am against his appointment as well, for other reasons, but I would still take him over Del Neri).

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Lippi explains Grosso decision

Italy boss Marcello Lippi says he decided to cut Fabio Grosso from his World Cup squad because you can't build a team on what happened in the past.

Grosso scored the winning penalty in the World Cup Final four years ago, but his form has dipped since then, leading many to question his role in the squad.

“I am not making an Italy side based on debts of gratitude,” he said.

When asked why he named 28 players instead of 27 as expected, Lippi replied: “I have taken another 10 days to reflect.”

FI

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)