Euro 2020 - General Talk Thread (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I mean, I get that a lot of teams in this competition have had moments of luck and whatnot. But the English attitude has definitely been very "in your face" on everything to the point you'd think they'd be dominating or something and they're really not.

Also, I hate the whole "Denmark stopped playing" as if you don't play an open free flowing, ALL ATTACK RUN UP THE PITCH or else you're not playing the game. They were an underdog, IN ENGLAND ("neutral ground" for this competition wink wink) up 1-0 and having calls go against them the entire match. I see nothing wrong with pulling back and trying to absorb everything and perhaps get lucky on a counter. They couldn't clear the ball passed midfield? They clearly did several times. Although they didn't focus on possession, I agree. And that's okay. That is a viable method of playing this game. Especially knowing how gungho England are with their hoof ball. Hoof a long ball deep and run run run, take a shot from outside the box, repeat. It's what we see every matchday in the EPL. Sitting back and letting the English run themselves in circles is still playing the game.
It’s a viable method of losing games. You can absorb pressure for 15-20 minutes but not for 50 minutes in front of home crowd and a team in better physical shape. You only delay the inevitable.
I don’t like England to win, but they were the better team in all 3 knockout matches. It’s not their fault the bracket is set up this way and Spain did not win their group.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
It’s a viable method of losing games. You can absorb pressure for 15-20 minutes but not for 50 minutes in front of home crowd and a team in better physical shape. You only delay the inevitable.
I don’t like England to win, but they were the better team in all 3 knockout matches. It’s not their fault the bracket is set up this way and Spain did not win their group.
I disagree it's a viable method for losing games. It is if you're weaker in certain areas. For example, in club football, Atletico and Juventus have used it very effectively, if somewhat frustrating to observe as a fan waiting for the shoe to drop (and it goes drop sometimes). I do agree that Denmark underestimated their fatigue, especially in comparison to England.

Should be a great final.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I disagree it's a viable method for losing games. It is if you're weaker in certain areas. For example, in club football, Atletico and Juventus have used it very effectively, if somewhat frustrating to observe as a fan waiting for the shoe to drop (and it goes drop sometimes). I do agree that Denmark underestimated their fatigue, especially in comparison to England.

Should be a great final.
Don’t get me wrong I don’t think attacking is the only way, but what Denmark was doing was just hoofing the ball. Juve did that in Max’s first stint at times for portions of the games with limited success. One example was that game against Spurs in Wembly but even then we had strong counterattacking threats. I recall Sturaro had a chance at those minutes. Last night was like Bayern Juve match in Munich.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Totally agree bro!
Italy is the definition of fair play and is
Ya man. These English supporters should learn from us Italian supporters!

We are the classiest and most woke of fans.

On top of that, every single game that our nation won is through skills, fair play, and zero luck. Materazzi is our role model
the cleanest nation football wise, environmental, and ethics wise.

Italy will rape the English in the azz fo sho! 4-0 win for italia
Again, for the millionth time: Italians can back everything up with titles. WTF do the English have to be smug about?

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012

Should be a great final.

You said it best my friend.
Juve’s Strategy of 11 men behind ball has been in our DNA for centuries and have brought us so much glories in recent years in ECL finals. Nothing screams big balls champions more than 11 first team Juve players hoofing balls from their own penalty box. If a clearance is worth one equivalent goal point, Juve would have 20 ECL titles by now.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, for the millionth time: Italians can back everything up with titles. WTF do the English have to be smug about?
If we compare the total amount of instagram followers england team players have vs that of Italy, who will have more?
The result will show who is more relevant to football in the new century.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
What amuses me though is that the anti-English sentiment is immense now.

They used to be well liked, because they were supposedly about fair play and just having fun. But they've shown their true colours now.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
You said it best my friend.
Juve’s Strategy of 11 men behind ball has been in our DNA for centuries and have brought us so much glories in recent years in ECL finals. Nothing screams big balls champions more than 11 first team Juve players hoofing balls from their own penalty box. If a clearance is worth one equivalent goal point, Juve would have 20 ECL titles by now.
I didn't say that.

Damn, how dumb are you.

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
Bonucci - 2 x CL final loser + Euro 2012 final loser
Chiellini - 1 x CL final loser (missed 2015 final) + Euro 2012 final loser
Verratti - 1 x CL final loser

Jorginho - CL winner + Europa league winner
Emerson - CL winner + Europa league winner

Oh the irony, Chelsea giving this squad some European winning DNA. ;)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Not gonna lie, that's actually something you could've said yourself without the rest of us being shocked :snoop:
Never. Marketing, popularity and star power is important, but titles are and always will be BY FAR the most important thing in football. Vincere è l'unica cosa che conta.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Just like the good old days.
Just as long the Italians don't change midway through it all again :snoop:

- - - Updated - - -

Never. Marketing, popularity and star power is important, but titles are and always will be BY FAR the most important thing in football. Vincere è l'unica cosa che conta.
I agree about titles always being the most important. But also noticed you often talk a lot about fan following, social media etc hence you must care a lot about it.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Just as long the Italians don't change midway through it all again :snoop:

- - - Updated - - -

I agree about titles always being the most important. But also noticed you often talk a lot about fan following, social media etc hence you must care a lot about it.
It is more important in club football, pretty irrelevant in international football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)