Euro 2020 - General Talk Thread (83 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I have reddish hair myself and I’m from Denmark, it’s a fairly Northern European thing.
Yeah but I bet yours is more like what we call a "strawberry blonde", or an auburn, where it is a mix with blonde or brown, which is common in Scandi countries, rather than a full-on Ed Sheeran. My girlfriend for example is a proper Ygritte, but her family are Scottish.

Buy on AliExpress.com

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Yeah but I bet yours is more like what we call a "strawberry blonde", or an auburn, where it is a mix with blonde or brown, which is common in Scandi countries, rather than a full-on Ed Sheeran. My girlfriend for example is a proper Ygritte, but her family are Scottish.
True.

It was more red when I was a kid but as I grew older it became more dark but still reddish.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Have you read this?

Italian media claim England's 'very generous' penalty against Denmark was given because UEFA wanted to repay Boris Johnson for 'saving football' by helping stop the doomed European Super League

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...given-penalty-repay-favour-Boris-Johnson.html
Most of the time it's just shit refs being conned or refs bottling it under crowd pressure. Italians do love a conspiracy theory, some with substance and others just ridiculous.

Mar 10, 2009
Gary the expert Neville said “never a penalty in a million years but honestly I don’t care!”

if they were the ones who got robbed we wouldn’t hear the end of it. Suddenly he’d forever care.
They were crying about how Ronaldo was the blame for getting Rooney sent off because he 'winked.'

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
If Barella, Veratti and Jorginho play on top of their game, the cheaters are done. Italy's midfield is classes above theirs. Barella had a bad day vs Spain, so did Veratti. If they show up as they know, England are in for a lot of trouble.

Chiesa and Insigne can cause a lot of trouble too. And if Lazios Immobile shows up aswell, they are done.
Totally agree bro!
Italy is the definition of fair play and is the cleanest nation football wise, environmental, and ethics wise.

Italy will rape the English in the azz fo sho! 4-0 win for italia

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
If Barella, Veratti and Jorginho play on top of their game, the cheaters are done. Italy's midfield is classes above theirs. Barella had a bad day vs Spain, so did Veratti. If they show up as they know, England are in for a lot of trouble.

Chiesa and Insigne can cause a lot of trouble too. And if Lazios Immobile shows up aswell, they are done.
You know what. Immobile will be pretty much useless as a striker against these lot. I would go with a false #9.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
You know what. Immobile will be pretty much useless as a striker against these lot. I would go with a false #9.
Normally i would agree, but the best thing poulson did when he came on yesterday was hold up the ball on numerous occassions. Of course it didnt help because either he or someone else gave it away, but we really need that, to get the ball in their area and keep it for a while, What England did really well yesterday was to keep Denmark out of their own half so ideally we need to create a 3 on 2 situation or 2 at 2 best. Iirc our false 9 between 60th and 85th minute when Immobile came off was Insigne. Insigne in centre, is as useless as Immobile, probably worse. It would have been nice to have a pacey striker, someone like keane maybe.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
My god England supporters have been insufferable for the last two weeks.

Especially after yesterday, it's almost like they didn't just squeeze by Denmark 2-1 with some insane luck

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
My god England supporters have been insufferable for the last two weeks.

Especially after yesterday, it's almost like they didn't just squeeze by Denmark 2-1 with some insane luck
Ya man. These English supporters should learn from us Italian supporters!

We are the classiest and most woke of fans.

On top of that, every single game that our nation won is through skills, fair play, and zero luck. Materazzi is our role model

Knowah

Jan 28, 2013
Weeks?

Try decades.
Oh for sure but the last few decades their collapses have been renewed. These last two weeks its been amplified as they have squeezed passed teams and their fans act like they're prime Spain thrashing teams 4-0, 3-1.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya man. These English supporters should learn from us Italian supporters!

We are the classiest and most woke of fans.

On top of that, every single game that our nation won is through skills, fair play, and zero luck. Materazzi is our role model
You gonna cry about it?

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I don’t get the bitching about England. They are allowed to have a national team aren’t they? The penalty was bullshit but Denmark stopped playing football after 70 minutes. They couldn’t even clear the ball past midfield.
It’s going to be a great final. There’s a confidence to this Italy that I think will see them through.

Knowah

Jan 28, 2013
I don’t get the bitching about England. They are allowed to have a national team aren’t they? The penalty was bullshit but Denmark stopped playing football after 70 minutes. They couldn’t even clear the ball past midfield.
It’s going to be a great final. There’s a confidence to this Italy that I think will see them through.
I mean, I get that a lot of teams in this competition have had moments of luck and whatnot. But the English attitude has definitely been very "in your face" on everything to the point you'd think they'd be dominating or something and they're really not.

Also, I hate the whole "Denmark stopped playing" as if you don't play an open free flowing, ALL ATTACK RUN UP THE PITCH or else you're not playing the game. They were an underdog, IN ENGLAND ("neutral ground" for this competition wink wink) up 1-0 and having calls go against them the entire match. I see nothing wrong with pulling back and trying to absorb everything and perhaps get lucky on a counter. They couldn't clear the ball passed midfield? They clearly did several times. Although they didn't focus on possession, I agree. And that's okay. That is a viable method of playing this game. Especially knowing how gungho England are with their hoof ball. Hoof a long ball deep and run run run, take a shot from outside the box, repeat. It's what we see every matchday in the EPL. Sitting back and letting the English run themselves in circles is still playing the game.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Immobile's shameless acting, and Sterling's very weak penalty, as bad as they were on their own, will help to have better refereeing in the final, imo.
I think the ref in the final will be extra careful not to whistle whenever Sterling, Kane, Immobile, or anyone else falls in the penalty box and if someone dives or falls after the slightest of contact, he'll be immediately punished with a yellow card.
Mostly this will be bad news for Sterling and good news for Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 75)