[EU] Champions League 06/07 (2 Viewers)

Steviee

Apr 13, 2005
How disappointing. I was rooting for Milan, I dream of another Liverpool-Milan final! :D But credit to ManUre, they never gave up and attacked and attacked until they finally won - in contrast to Milan who just defended for the entire second half. They deserved to get beat for such negative tactics. I hope Milan can go through but they need to sort their mentality out. They're better than the mancs but once they take the lead they think the match is over! Twice now they have made that mistake against English opposition. Hopefully they will learn by the time the 2nd leg comes round.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
How disappointing. I was rooting for Milan, I dream of another Liverpool-Milan final! :D But credit to ManUre, they never gave up and attacked and attacked until they finally won - in contrast to Milan who just defended for the entire second half. They deserved to get beat for such negative tactics. I hope Milan can go through but they need to sort their mentality out. They're better than the mancs but once they take the lead they think the match is over! Twice now they have made that mistake against English opposition. Hopefully they will learn by the time the 2nd leg comes round.
I dont think it is so much of "tactics" - I have yet to seen a coach who likes to see his forward give away the ball so that his defenders could defend. Milan just didnt have the legs, especially Seedorf, to support Gila quick enough, so they kept loosing possession. And when Gattuso went off, they just their main mean of winning ball in the middle of park.

Steviee

Apr 13, 2005
I dont think it is so much of "tactics" - I have yet to seen a coach who likes to see his forward give away the ball so that his defenders could defend. Milan just didnt have the legs, especially Seedorf, to support Gila quick enough, so they kept loosing possession. And when Gattuso went off, they just their main mean of winning ball in the middle of park.
Yeah Gattuso going off was a huge blow. While he was on the pitch Milan were coasting, he goes off then Mlan are swamped under constant ManUre attacks. I hope he's fit for the 2nd leg. His replacement Brocchi was bloody awful. As for Gillardino, he hardly figured in the game. Such a shame Ronaldo is not eligible for Milan, he would have caused the mancs far more problems.

lavenderguy

Feb 28, 2005
to those who rooting for Milan,.......

Forza Man Utd!! That's the MU spirit!!!!!!!!!!!!
I like Kaka, I like Pirlo, I like Maldini, but I am not rooting for Milan, even if Milan represent Italy...coz there is not a single team in euro top leagues are playing starting 11 from the countries of the origin..so, i dun regard Milan is guarding the honour of calcio or so..
that's 7-1 thrashing of Roma is just an one off occasion, Calcio standard is still there, so, it's not the time to hit the panic button yet, somemore, Juventus is GOIN UP to defend the pride of Calcio.Milan wants our title? give it to them!! Juve is still miles ahead of them...we just need more luck in Champions League that's all..
those Juventini rooting for AC, i will support 100% for MU during the return leg of San Siro, coz I dun wan a 2005 carbon copy final between Pool and AC.
sorry folks. If No Maldini, AC won;t stand a chance!!

lavenderguy

Feb 28, 2005
oh btw,Jun Hide, I don;t think Juventus played :"poorly" as U have mentioned in the 2003 Champions League final at Old Trafford against Milan. Milan only had one clear chance by Sheva, besides that, both teams were settling for a draw and rarely we saw any attacking football goin on. Both played conservatively and carefully. So, therefore a shoot out was inevitable and unfortunately we lost(again..) in the final and there for, I lost my chance to see Del Piero to lift the cup(as a captain)..
Forza Del Piero! Forza Juventus!!!

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Dida cocked up big time for the third goal. Nesta owned Rooney the most of the night, and in tune with the rest of night, he gave Rooney just one angle to shoot. And Dida being a master choker that he is, somehow couldnt read such splendid defending and found himself in no man's land. Dida got some of the worst footwork I have seen from a GK. I would be seriously pissed if Secco do Buffon - Dida exchange at the end season.

Milan is far talented team. They pretty much toyed ManUre until 65mins. Having watched them numerous times this year, Milan has a tendency to give legs after that minute. And so it happened. I can't see them beating inferior opposition because too many of their stars have heart but not legs at this stage of career.
good to see you back mate

and agreed, their complacency cost them the game, but it will be interesting to see what happens in the 2nd leg as they will have to push forward.

another interesting thing is that both ronaldo and kaka r on yellow card :D, whos gonna miss the final ?

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
oh btw,Jun Hide, I don;t think Juventus played :"poorly" as U have mentioned in the 2003 Champions League final at Old Trafford against Milan. Milan only had one clear chance by Sheva, besides that, both teams were settling for a draw and rarely we saw any attacking football goin on. Both played conservatively and carefully. So, therefore a shoot out was inevitable and unfortunately we lost(again..) in the final and there for, I lost my chance to see Del Piero to lift the cup(as a captain)..
Yeah exactly, and Conte's header from DP cross, OMG :disagree:

so, fuck milan!

PS I going to Milan in couple of days, I'll make sure to be wearing my Juve jersey in Milan airport... in your face bitches :D

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
:agree: Milan play beautifull football and Juve play with winning mentality. milan always get a problem to play with a team with such characteristic.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Evra 'assing' Heinze was the best moment of the night:D.Gattuso going off hurt Milan real bad.I think had he stayed on,Milan would have held on to a 2-2,or maybe he won the game.Gilardino was utter shit last night.Not only did he have very few touches on the ball,but the ones he had were horrendous too.Seedorf has an off game too.Dida was pretty inconsistent on the night.He made some brilliant saves,but he also made some stupid mistakes which cost Milan both the first and thrid goal.3-2 is a good result to take back home no matter how you look at it,but i think Manchester United will prevail in Milan.Milan would own them for most of the game,and then the the Wancs will score a goal late in the game to go on into the final.

Also,why wasnt Pippo playing?was he injured?

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
Milan play beautiful football? That's the biggest bullshit I ever heard in my life, they're the cowardest team in history.
They played beautiful football. Ancelotti made it worst. Eventhough they play more attractive football than Juve. Especially at capello's era.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)